• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I'm interested to observe how the press coverage and social media reaction to this unfolds compared with Ivan Toney's offences.

They're not english players so it will be covered less i am guessing in the uk. But far more in italy. Talksport just spent the last half hour talking about it and gambling addiction.

They're not english players so it will be covered less i am guessing in the uk. But far more in italy. Talksport just spent the last half hour talking about it and gambling addiction.

I doubt it will be addiction in these cases. More likely organised crime.

The right thing?

What is the right thing? What has howe done that is not the right thing? If you were in his position what would you do?

Personally. I might have said "it's under investigation and i don't want to say anything that might interfere with that".

What is the right thing? What has howe done that is not the right thing? If you were in his position what would you do?

Personally. I might have said "it's under investigation and i don't want to say anything that might interfere with that".

Doing exactly as you suggest, stay out of the public discourse on the issue.

Because its about 40 players. That's not addiction when 7% of the players in the league are implicated.

Simon Jordan touched on that. Said you obviously have to be very sensitive when discussing the topic of addiction but it's no coincidence that some of these players that have been caught and claimed addiction get offered support and a reduced ban. The punishment for that Italian player could have been 2 to 4 years etc but he had it reduced due to cooperating and claiming addiction.

(Sounds insensitive when written down but you get the point he was making)

Simon Jordan touched on that. Said you obviously have to be very sensitive when discussing the topic of addiction but it's no coincidence that some of these players that have been caught and claimed addiction get offered support and a reduced ban. The punishment for that Italian player could have been 2 to 4 years etc but he had it reduced due to cooperating and claiming addiction.

(Sounds insensitive when written down but you get the point he was making)

I would say it’s human nature to want to reduce your sentence by any means possible and that there may be cases where players are claiming addiction to get that reduction.

Back