• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Have you seen a lot of him then? Genuine question. I haven't, but I heard he is a wing forward. Lyon have some other dude up front, you may have heard of him.

I'm just going by the various sites which list players positions game by game - Lyon seem to play two up top, Lacazette and N'Jie (one off the other)

Fair to say he hasn't played as a lone CF though, but then it's equally unfair to say we only have one CF at the club

Yet they are struggling to flog Ideye and Anichebe. 5 strikers for 2 positions might be a bit OTT, especially as it was rumoured that Pullis favoured playing with just one striker (see earlier in the thread, cba to find where it was said).

Someone on here said they'd sold ideye yesterday? If not then it does leave them with a lot of strikers for 1 position.

Edit: just googled it and they got 4m from olympiakos for him. So not gonna balance the books with that one of it was a consideration, but does leave them a more balanced squad.

I'm just going by the various sites which list players positions game by game - Lyon seem to play two up top, Lacazette and N'Jie (one off the other)

Fair to say he hasn't played as a lone CF though, but then it's equally unfair to say we only have one CF at the club

Poch's system requires one lone striker. Apart from Kane we dont have anyone who can play as a lone striker.

It will no doubt be a huge problem if we don't get another forward in though, that I certainly agree with

Tottenham are involved in the PL, EL, Carling cup, Fa cup. The demands are massive. I dont think from this point of view we can be compared to Lyon.

they have L1, CL, CDF, only one competition less

if our next 10 years is as successful as Lyon's last 10 years i'll be over the moon

Tottenham are involved in the PL, EL, Carling cup, Fa cup. The demands are massive. I dont think from this point of view we can be compared to Lyon.

So we take that list and decide that Harry can't play in all of it, or say he pulls a hamstring or whatever, you are going to choose from 1 of 2 players who aren't really out and out forwards but "can play there" neither of whom has played in the PL before.

It's a hell of a gamble and if it goes wrong...................

Lyon have Ligue 1, French cup, French league cup, French super cup and CL. No, it doesn't compare at all.

they have L1, CL, CDF, only one competition less

if our next 10 years is as successful as Lyon's last 10 years i'll be over the moon

if you want to make a comparison, imo use a PL team involved in either the CL or EL

if you want to make a comparison, imo use a PL team involved in either the CL or EL

i'm not sure I see the importance of the particular league, most of the major leagues involve a 38 game season with home and away fixtures played over roughly 10 months

Back