• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I have to say, the Poch quotes earlier in the window about not signing players with a bad attitude seem to have Levy's fingerprints all over them.

Agreed to an extent - before that, I thought we were likely to sign him in this window however this made it clear to me that we wouldn't be. There does seem to be some momentum in the rumours etc about Dembele - I don't care is he's only a half-proven kid, having a proper CF on the bench will be refreshing

I do feel sorry for Saido. Mainly because there is little long term logic to Peace's strategy.

I'll keep that grumpy player who my manager does not want and does not play! So he loses even more value! That will show them whos boss!

Secret footballer story that was posted on here did seem to be about the Berahino story. Made it sound like Peace isn't happy with Pulis, but hasn't had good enough reasons to get rid of him yet.

If Peace really sees Berahino as a part of WBA's future past the summer in a post-Pulis management system perhaps it all could make sense. Or perhaps he doesn't want to sell now and pretty much be forced to give Pulis some of that money. Better to sell in the summer being able to give that money to a new manager.

All depends on what Peace sees as WBA's and Berahino's future.

Secret footballer story that was posted on here did seem to be about the Berahino story. Made it sound like Peace isn't happy with Pulis, but hasn't had good enough reasons to get rid of him yet.

If Peace really sees Berahino as a part of WBA's future past the summer in a post-Pulis management system perhaps it all could make sense. Or perhaps he doesn't want to sell now and pretty much be forced to give Pulis some of that money. Better to sell in the summer being able to give that money to a new manager.

My understanding of the Secret Footballer article was that the chairman's fear of selling the player was that the manager would spend all of the money on players from his favoured agents and trouser a slice of it in kickbacks.

My understanding of the Secret Footballer article was that the chairman's fear of selling the player was that the manager would spend all of the money on players from his favoured agents and trouser a slice of it in kickbacks.

And thus not doing what's in the best interests of the club with that transfer kitty. If you're limiting yourself to players that have the same agent as the manager that severely limits your chances of finding "the right player".

if only the chairman was in a position to have the final say on signings...

wait, what?

If he has a good season next year they may even get more than that given how transfer fees will rocket when the new TV money comes in.Most people still think they would be better off taking 18-20 now

If he has a good season next year they may even get more than that given how transfer fees will rocket when the new TV money comes in.Most people still think they would be better off taking 18-20 now

People said the same about him this season, "if he has a good season his value will hold and save west brom from relegation" in reality it couldn't have been further from the truth. I don't see how a tribunal would consider Berahino anywhere near 10m based on current performances?

Whose bidding 18/20m for him in Jan?

Pulis...
We’ve got three days to go and I don’t think anything will change with anybody until the time runs out. Once time runs out if Saido is still here he needs to start recognising that this is affecting everyone and he’s got to get back to what it was. It’s been dreadful for us as a football club to have an outstanding player who’s just dropped off because of circumstances. Saido will recognise and realise he’s a footballer and he’s wasted three or four months. He can’t afford to waste any more time. The only time people will stop badgering him is when the window closes.

I’m not picking him because he’s not been anywhere near where he was last year. You have to make him understand that we’re playing at the top of our profession and you have to be on the top of your form. I like the kid and I spend a lot of time with him but my biggest worry with him is he has so many people out there who influence him.

This is all about finance. Forget everything else. The chairman will have the final say on finance - whether Saido stays, comes or goes. That’s down to Jeremy. Everything will be run the way he wants it to run so it makes a profit. That’s how he wants it to run.

How can he say it's all about finance? If it was about finance he'd take something now rather than nothing later. It's about principle. Nothing more or less.

Back