• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I hope we do not sign this player....

I'm disappointed that we have not signed anyone this window while our opponents have.
Maybe we can't find the right players at this moment in time!

I hope we do not sign this player....

I'm disappointed that we have not signed anyone this window while our opponents have.

Maybe we can't find the right players at this moment in time!

Weird. Which of our rivals have strengthened significantly this window?

Weird. Which of our rivals have strengthened significantly this window?

Leicester have bought Gray and are actively seeking another striker...Arsenal have bought Elneny and could do more business, thats all I can think of. I do think a back up striker is a pressing need, but having Saido would give us a pacy striker, something we dont have.

If Dembele mk2 is true I feel a little frustrated that he will be loaned back...I dont think Saido will happen, Jezza seems intent on being partly responsible for ending a promising young strikers career....Saido himself is mostly culpbable.

I cant see us getting Saido, I would love us to just cant see it.

Leicester have bought Gray and are actively seeking another striker...Arsenal have bought Elneny and could do more business, thats all I can think of. I do think a back up striker is a pressing need, but having Saido would give us a pacy striker, something we dont have.

If Dembele mk2 is true I feel a little frustrated that he will be loaned back...I dont think Saido will happen, Jezza seems intent on being partly responsible for ending a promising young strikers career....Saido himself is mostly culpbable.

I cant see us getting Saido, I would love us to just cant see it.

It's hardly like the other teams have splashed the cash and pulled away from us. It looks like Dembele is done, whether he is being loaned back or not looks like speculation at this stage.

Our squad is nicely balanced right now and Poch obviously does not want to bring in a load of new players or work with a large squad. We can obviously do with another striker but apart from that, I do not see any obvious gaps or at least gaps that could be filled by better players who are available in this window.

I guess the frustration is that it seems like Berahino could be the real deal. He's the player Pochettino wanted, and he would complement the existing players - pace, a finisher like Kane, so able to complement or replace Kane.

The but is his price tag. I am not sure the attitude thing is an issue. More a chairman who wants £30m.

I'm not sure he's worth what Peace wants though. Even in the summer I thought that the reported £25 million was a touch steep, especially when there were stories about Embolo being available at that time for less.

I think he will end up elsewhere. Peace will be forever refusing to sell him to us at market value, Levy will not pay over the odds for him and Berahino himself will leave for the best place possible just to get away from West Brom.

If west brom get anywhere near 18m for berahino in this window then Peace is vindicated IMO. We were apparantely offering low 20's in August so for his value to drop only a few mill after the 5 months hes just had is remarkable.

Ha they want 25mill it seems.If the price was 18 i think he would be our player by now.18mill is only 8 more than they think they will get in a tribunal.If he plays and scores say 10- 15 goals between now and end of season someone could pay 25 for him in the summer and that is the gamble Peace is taking.He doesn't seem to need the money at the moment and he won't give it to Pullis anyway.

Ha they want 25mill it seems.If the price was 18 i think he would be our player by now.18mill is only 8 more than they think they will get in a tribunal.If he plays and scores say 10- 15 goals between now and end of season someone could pay 25 for him in the summer and that is the gamble Peace is taking.He doesn't seem to need the money at the moment and he won't give it to Pullis anyway.

A tribal would be in summer 2017, so it's 18 months before his value drops to c.£10m

I do wonder if we've given up on wanting Saido. Not because of money, but he doesn't exactly fit the mould of a Poch type professional that's going to fit into this squad and put hard work and the team beyond anything else, despite how poorly treated he may feel he has been by WBA.

And I'm not concerned one jot that we haven't signed anyone. I've got full confidence that if the right player with the right mentality was available we would get them. But our success has been based on not upsetting the balance of the squad and we should do everything we can to protect that. It's the biggest strategic advantage we have over other clubs.

I think our lack of interest has been quite deafening. I think the combined performances of Son and Lamela have caused us to prioritise another type of forward - a Kane-lie (Dembele), rather than a first choice WF who can also cover for Kane (Berahino)

If west brom get anywhere near 18m for berahino in this window then Peace is vindicated IMO. We were apparantely offering low 20's in August so for his value to drop only a few mill after the 5 months hes just had is remarkable.

How can losing your club money for an asset that you have got next to nothing out be a vindication?

Back