• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Tough for him to get a manager job without dropping division or to a smaller country

He's not a huge name like Gerrard was, didnt work in a successful team like Arteta did, doesnt have a former club to return to and isnt going to go down the player>manager route like Scott Parket did at Fulham

Think he's better off staying, and then hoping Postecoglou is successful and using association with that to get his next gig

Tough for him to get a manager job without dropping division or to a smaller country

He's not a huge name like Gerrard was, didnt work in a successful team like Arteta did, doesnt have a former club to return to and isnt going to go down the player>manager route like Scott Parket did at Fulham

Think he's better off staying, and then hoping Postecoglou is successful and using association with that to get his next gig

The success of Kompany and Carrick should tempt an ambitious Championship chairman

Leeds or Leicester would be better

First you wanted him to be our manager once you threw your toys out knowing that pochettino wouldn't be our manager ... in a sulking delusional way ...

Now you think Ryan Mason with almost no experience will be given the reigns of teams that want to bounce back to the premiership ... you crack me up ... comedian

It's only a feeling from me but it seems like it'd be a good time to step out of the Spurs comfort zone and go to somewhere without top level facilities and with some real responsibility. Even if it's down to league one level (the suggestion of him taking the Celtic job seems a bit of an overreach imo)

Mason can only learn so much from being the guy in the background who steps in when it goes to brick once expectations are down to zero for the season. I don't know what his career plan is and I guess the argument against is that he has plenty of time to eventually make the step up.

We'll see what happens in regards to the coaching staff, if Ange wants him to stick around then fair enough, it helps to have someone who knows the club and the league as well as Mason does but I get the impression he wants to have a bit more of a say in things.

For his own development it might actually make sense to stick around with a manager who appears to be somewhat different, both on and off the pitch, in comparison to the 3 he has worked under so far - he's still a baby in terms of management age so no need to rush in to the hot seat just yet

Last edited:
I think Mason should take charge of the youth team and get a few successful seasons under his belt. Be it a playing philosophy, player development and managing an entire campaign.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Apparently been offered a place in the new managers coaching team but has had other offers he is considering.

Leeds and Southampton are the two current vacancies in England (Shrewsbury too, but that's probably a bit far for him to drop). Could be a role at Chelsea too though I suppose.

McKenna went to Ipswich in League One, and he was very highly rated. Mason would probably need to do similar, Can't see a Leeds taking such a big risk trying to bounce back to the PL

Back