• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I honestly think, albeit naively some might say, if we had replaced Conte with Mason we would still be in the race for a top 4 finish.
Possibly
The injuries at that moment didn’t help anyone
We had no left footers in defence for a start
But I think Mason would have helped drag the team up to a par level and that any well have been enough

And don’t forget at the time we had and still have in some cases our own fan base working against us

Reactions: DTA
Possibly
The injuries at that moment didn’t help anyone
We had no left footers in defence for a start
But I think Mason would have helped drag the team up to a par level and that any well have been enough

And don’t forget at the time we had and still have in some cases our own fan base working against us

Why is this a factor? Firstly fans can voice their opinions rightly or wrongly so ... and some of the disjointed support is a direct result of our incompetence off the pitch.

Further to this most of the clubs will have fans that are not happy for one reason or another.

Why is this a factor? Firstly fans can voice their opinions rightly or wrongly so ... and some of the disjointed support is a direct result of our incompetence off the pitch.

Further to this most of the clubs will have fans that are not happy for one reason or another.

it just adds to the negative spiral and fuels it. Players are not robots, that’s why home field advantage is a real thing.

It’s not a way to help the team play better
Fans have every right to complain. Pay your money and take your choice
But it doesn’t make things better on the pitch

It’s not a way to help the team play better
Fans have every right to complain. Pay your money and take your choice
But it doesn’t make things better on the pitch

Well they have a right to have a voice if the club are not performing off the pitch ... having a moan on the Internet won't really have an impact. We can't all be happy clappers watching some of the drivel displayed and accept some of the incompetence off the pitch. If they got it right off the pitch then the fans wouldn't complain or have reason to

it just adds to the negative spiral and fuels it. Players are not robots, that’s why home field advantage is a real thing.

Ofcourse, but if the players down tools consistently then they can't expect the fans to cheer with delight

Well they have a right to have a voice if the club are not performing off the pitch ... having a moan on the Internet won't really have an impact. We can't all be happy clappers watching some of the drivel displayed and accept some of the incompetence off the pitch. If they got it right off the pitch then the fans wouldn't complain or have reason to
I haven’t argued with that
What I’ve said though is doing that at the ground doesn’t make a player or the team perform better
Sanchez being an example of that

I haven’t argued with that
What I’ve said though is doing that at the ground doesn’t make a player or the team perform better
Sanchez being an example of that

Well a player like Sanchez and others are paid a handsome sum to put in a shift and to leave everything in the pitch ... but they do lack ... what do they expect a big thanks for turning up? These players are humans I get that, but they are professional and know the deal when they get into Football.

It doesn't help players I agree, but they don't help themselves at times

Well a player like Sanchez and others are paid a handsome sum to put in a shift and to leave everything in the pitch ... but they do lack ... what do they expect a big thanks for turning up? These players are humans I get that, but they are professional and know the deal when they get into Football.

It doesn't help players I agree, but they don't help themselves at times
Again I’m not arguing
Sanchez is part of the issue
But the way he was treated didn’t help him or the team in that moment
Strangely the managers that pick them tend to get the least flack

Again I’m not arguing
Sanchez is part of the issue
But the way he was treated didn’t help him or the team in that moment
Strangely the managers that pick them tend to get the least flack

Why should managers get the flack? If they had decent options in a squad then they wouldn't need to pick them

Why should managers get the flack? If they had decent options in a squad then they wouldn't need to pick them
Because a managers job is to maximise the players they have
Picking players who are failing them, then not adapting to who they have is not good management
It’s weak management
Can also add that a good manager will improve these “weak players” through coaching, rather than expose them more

Because a managers job is to maximise the players they have
Picking players who are failing them, then not adapting to who they have is not good management
It’s weak management
Can also add that a good manager will improve these “weak players” through coaching, rather than expose them more

Yes to a point ... but the manager can only work within the constraints of the team. Sanchez et al are not young players they are internationals in some cases ... the manager can only pick the players available to them. This just highlights the fact that we don't really have a good squad

Yes to a point ... but the manager can only work within the constraints of the team. Sanchez et al are not young players they are internationals in some cases ... the manager can only pick the players available to them. This just highlights the fact that we don't really have a good squad
Or we didn’t have a good manager
Mason is already making the same players look more organised and focussed
And yet he is a novice
The issue with a conte is he has no flexibility. Even pep adapts.
I’ve also never known a manager stick a player failing so much
Hugo being a huge example … a stinger manager or maybe one who had a better ping vision would not have kept Hugo in like conte did
Forester over Hugo would have given us at least 6 more points imo

Or you change it up where you are less reliant on those players, don't continue to play a clearly failing tactic and formation base and play to your slightly better strengths elsewhere. It's management, clues in the job title

There is no doubt that some coaches have that as their underlining ability as coaches, you see many make improvements to teams as much as you see plenty waste the ability they have been given....

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Or we didn’t have a good manager
Mason is already making the same players look more organised and focussed
And yet he is a novice
The issue with a conte is he has no flexibility. Even pep adapts.
I’ve also never known a manager stick a player failing so much
Hugo being a huge example … a stinger manager or maybe one who had a better ping vision would not have kept Hugo in like conte did
Forester over Hugo would have given us at least 6 more points imo

If Mason can make Sanchez a player that alone would be a miracle.

Or you change it up where you are less reliant on those players, don't continue to play a clearly failing tactic and formation base and play to your slightly better strengths elsewhere. It's management, clues in the job title

There is no doubt that some coaches have that as their underlining ability as coaches, you see many make improvements to teams as much as you see plenty waste the ability they have been given....

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Sure if you are an armchair fan ... the last two managers that failed know thr game so much more than us and their trophies show us that .... there is a method to their own madness and we can say what we like on the net but in reality they know how to manage a team or players better than any of our opinions.

If Mason can make Sanchez a player that alone would be a miracle.
Why would he?
He is leaving us
But Conte did have Sanchez playing well at the end of last season
This season… killed him by not playing him then when needed he was rusty and brick
That’s management

Sure if you are an armchair fan ... the last two managers that failed know thr game so much more than us and their trophies show us that .... there is a method to their own madness and we can say what we like on the net but in reality they know how to manage a team or players better than any of our opinions.
Their is a method
But it works in certain environments and certain ways
Jose hasn’t recently got near to a title since other teams were richer
Conte hasn’t recently got near to a title when he has had to battle on multiple fronts (this year the World Cup added to that)
There are variables that make their systems work and vice versa

Their is a method
But it works in certain environments and certain ways
Jose hasn’t recently got near to a title since other teams were richer
Conte hasn’t recently got near to a title when he has had to battle on multiple fronts (this year the World Cup added to that)
There are variables that make their systems work and vice versa

Conte won the title with Inter before he came to us. We were top with Mourinho for some time and in the cup final. Not saying we would have won the title ...

Armchair fan or not its clear as day that some managers have a different skillset than others regardless of trophies. Conte decided on one set of tactics at Spurs and died on that hill proclaiming to the world he could do no more. A lesser man has come in and identified two weaknesses the past weekend and those were addressed, I mean if it worked against Palace might have worked against Southampton. I admit its an armchair view but there is some logic to the idea.....

Back