• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Jesus Christ there's no end to your nonsense.

I'm with you

There are better players than Madon but he seems to be a fall guy for actually playing for us

MCCarthy is one of Those players who Cost a lot as a defensive midfielder yet their defensive stats have got worse!!!

Hope he stays free from injury this season. Hope he fights tooth and nail for us. I hope he proves the doubters (Including myself) wrong. He's one of our own so need to kill the guy while he is still on our roster.

Hope he stays free from injury this season. Hope he fights tooth and nail for us. I hope he proves the doubters (Including myself) wrong. He's one of our own so need to kill the guy while he is still on our roster.

Sensible words, but for many on here it is much easier to judge a player not good enough without understanding what he has had to go through. From what I understand his younger years were blighted with injury and the knock he took scoring our winning goal against Sunderland last year was pretty serious. Very few of us know how much work it takes to get back to full fitness, and until Poch decides he has to go he is an academy product - one of our own - who I think we should support and encourage. Honestly, chaps, how many on here were saying that Dembele needed to go before he was transformed? And look at him now. Perhaps Poch thinks he can make him a valuable part of our playing staff. And some would prefer to swap him for Gareth Barry!

Sensible words, but for many on here it is much easier to judge a player not good enough without understanding what he has had to go through. From what I understand his younger years were blighted with injury and the knock he took scoring our winning goal against Sunderland last year was pretty serious. Very few of us know how much work it takes to get back to full fitness, and until Poch decides he has to go he is an academy product - one of our own - who I think we should support and encourage. Honestly, chaps, how many on here were saying that Dembele needed to go before he was transformed? And look at him now. Perhaps Poch thinks he can make him a valuable part of our playing staff. And some would prefer to swap him for Gareth Barry!
I am still angry at him for spunking that chance at the bridge, I have my doubts like many on here, but would still be happy as a pig rolling around in its own excretion if he had a stellar season and made a difference for us. I am sure he has been through alot. And that goal against sunlund where he received a whack was crucial for us last year to get the ball rolling.

You've forgetton 14-15 when he bossed games against Schneiderlin/Wanyama, McCarthy and the like then?

I said that at the time and since then too

You can only judge a player aging the teams he is playing against and he has been good enough against the mid table sides

I like Mason - yes he had some poor games last season, but he never really got going. He needs to get fit and stay fit, then he can be a good squad player (assuming he's happy with that). If he has fitness issues again this season then he probably won't have much of a future with us. So fingers crossed he stays fit -- and hopefully, he'll benefit from not having to be a defensive midfielder, now we are well stocked there. Maybe he can play further up, cover for Ali.

I like Mason - yes he had some poor games last season, but he never really got going. He needs to get fit and stay fit, then he can be a good squad player (assuming he's happy with that). If he has fitness issues again this season then he probably won't have much of a future with us. So fingers crossed he stays fit -- and hopefully, he'll benefit from not having to be a defensive midfielder, now we are well stocked there. Maybe he can play further up, cover for Ali.

That's been his problem throughout his career, he's always getting injuries. This stops him being in contention for the first team, last season he weakened the team in most of the games he played, he's had his chance it's now time to look at Onomah to fill his place in the squad.

You've forgetton 14-15 when he bossed games against Schneiderlin/Wanyama, McCarthy and the like then?

I know you are a big fan of his ( and his agent;)) but the season 14-15 season was the season that our CM of Mason and Bentaleb were at best poor and at worse wide open and gave NO protection to our back for at all. So to say Mason bossed any M/F is re-writing the history.

I may well be biased as I am a huge Ryan Mason fan but if this is really true and fair,why is it when he played consistently in the side we finished comfortably above all of these sides ?
Jesus Christ there's no end to your nonsense.

I would say if you replaced a fully fit Mason and a fully fit McCarthy we would have picked up more points with him as back up.

All about opinions like.

But as someone else said, at best he is a bench player, and last season proved aspects of our bench wasn't good enough.

Of course it's not just him, Carroll (who I think would struggle to find another PL club) Son, Njie and Chadli all played a part in that.

I know you are a big fan of his ( and his agent;)) but the season 14-15 season was the season that our CM of Mason and Bentaleb were at best poor and at worse wide open and gave NO protection to our back for at all. So to say Mason bossed any M/F is re-writing the history.

Did we win all the games then in spite of them???

I'm not arguing we have a better midfield now but Mason and Bentelab were better than McCarthy and Barty when we played Everton for example that season and Mason was excellent vs Arsenal for example that season even with Crapoue playing alongside him....

Did we win all the games then in spite of them???

I'm not arguing we have a better midfield now but Mason and Bentelab were better than McCarthy and Barty when we played Everton for example that season and Mason was excellent vs Arsenal for example that season even with Crapoue playing alongside him....

No of course not, but our CM was our weakness that season ( which was one of the main reasons we conceded 53 goals). and Mason played a big part in that.

Our defense came in for a lot of stick but the protection they got from Mason and Bentaleb was missing in most games.

No of course not, but our CM was our weakness that season ( which was one of the main reasons we conceded 53 goals). and Mason played a big part in that.

Our defense came in for a lot of stick but the protection they got from Mason and Bentaleb was missing in most games.

Their cavalier approach to passing in dangerous areas put a lot of pressure on the defence, I'm not an advocate of thump it anywhere but at times you need to be sensible in defence.

Back