• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Christ, that was a *tattoo*? My resolution was terrible, so I figured some of the turf had rubbed off on his leg. :D

The situation you mention will affect Bentaleb and Chadli as well, I suspect. Bentaleb's place has been taken by Dier (in terms of position) and Alli (in terms of the B2B role he's seemingly suited for), and Chadli's goalscoring exploits will now not be enough to secure him a permanent place in a side which boasts the likes of Son and an in-form (whenever he is, anyway) Lamela. How they'll react to that will be interesting to watch as well.

I thought that was patterned Kinesio tape??

I thought that was patterned Kinesio tape??

Yeah the wrap around the knee to me seemed to indicate it was tape.

Back to the player, like him, great attitude, be interesting if we get to use him a bit more forward. Dembele will need rest (FA Cup?), Mason & Son in front of Dior & Alli would give us an amazing amount of running in the team.

2EE70B7700000578-0-image-a-24_1448819705680.jpg

2EE70EF300000578-0-image-a-27_1448819951336.jpg

Spoke to his old man yesterday for all of 30 seconds in passing. His exact words were 'It don't look good'.

Sorry it's a bit vague at this point.

We do .. its a pity, unlike others I think Mason still has a way to go before his ceiling, hopefully injuries don't hinder that long term

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you on this. I don't know why, but I really do believe that Mason has the potential to be an absolute star. @GrimsbyYid will probably do his nut over that comment, but it's just how I feel. I think he really could be the next Paul Scholes (without the outrageous fouls) but he needs to get over these injuries.

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you on this. I don't know why, but I really do believe that Mason has the potential to be an absolute star. @GrimsbyYid will probably do his nut over that comment, but it's just how I feel. I think he really could be the next Paul Scholes (without the outrageous fouls) but he needs to get over these injuries.

Ha, I don't mind at all. Unlike some on these forums I don't mind when people have different opinions to me. I find it staggering on this matter, but I don't mind. I genuinely want to understand what people see. Don't think he'll get many premier league games all season, still think we'll sell him in the summer.

As for the comment about "no one thinks he should be in the first 11" that's a lie, people were raving about him last season and being our main midfielder, some still now think he should be in our main 11; only slowly after seeing Dembele, Alli and Dier are people demoting him to squad player status (rightly so) and it won't be long before he's just another player we had like Caulker and Dean Marney!

Unlike Marney and O'Hara before him, Mason's got technique and vision. He's the first of the new breed that McDermott and Inglethorpe created, the real turning point for our academy. This is a really good read about Mason's development through youth football: https://bankruptspurs.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/last-season-was-the-greatest-ive-known-as-a-spurs-fan/

Good news anyway - Poch has just been reasonably positive about his injury: "Ryan Mason is out - he got an ankle injury. We hope it’s not a big issue and won't take a lot of time."

Ha, I don't mind at all. Unlike some on these forums I don't mind when people have different opinions to me. I find it staggering on this matter, but I don't mind. I genuinely want to understand what people see. Don't think he'll get many premier league games all season, still think we'll sell him in the summer.

As for the comment about "no one thinks he should be in the first 11" that's a lie, people were raving about him last season and being our main midfielder, some still now think he should be in our main 11; only slowly after seeing Dembele, Alli and Dier are people demoting him to squad player status (rightly so) and it won't be long before he's just another player we had like Caulker and Dean Marney!

All opinions ...

I do feel you are being very harsh to compare Mason to any of Caulker, Marney, Livermore type players we have had. Mason has had very good games for us, not just one off performances, those players were always limited in ability. I think Mason's biggest problem is he is good enough to play in multiple positions, and Poch uses that, some of those roles he's better at, some he's adequate cover and that skews people's perception of his overall ability.

Re Alli and Dembele, they both have loads of talent, but to be quite honest are flavor of the month, both need to be consistent for a lot more time to own their place in our first 11. Funny you use Dembele as an example, has any Spurs player been substituted early more than Dembele? (and I'm not having a go, just pointing out how opinions are funny).

I must admit I am still not sure how good Mason is, he has talent I am sure but is it enough to become the player some are saying he will. I can only really judge him ( wrong word I know) on last seasons form when I believe he was like a fish out of water in the position he was played mostly in.

I will wait and see if he can become a player now he has been relieved of the amount of defensive work he was unable ( imo) to do last season.

Fair play Grimsby! I do think that he has the potential to be in our starting 11, but he will struggle to get back into it unless there are injuries or he pulls it out of the bag if and when he comes on as a substitute. Funny, but the starting 11 pretty much picks itself except for the 3 behind Kane where we have a number of different options that could work and will depend on who is on form at that point in time.

Of course, I do hope that you are proved wrong ;) and I think you are a little harsh in comparing him to Marney. He has done more than Dean ever did.

Back