• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He looks to be getting physically stronger all the time. His reaction to the Livermore challenge was very telling, he didn't want to go off and carried on playing through some obvious pain.

I like him a lot. Well done Poch for having confidence in him. Absolutely loving the kids being given a chance.

I agree, although note that he couldn't come off as we'd made 3 subs so he had to soldier on, and he took umbrage after the game at the implication he was a kid, he said he was a "23 year old man" so he wasn't a kid being dropped in the deep end.

For me he is one of the few bright spots this year, he's been excellent and deserves to keep his spot.

Roy, ask him how good/bad Poch is in terms of knowledge, getting the message across, training methods, the system he tries to get them to play.

Actually that is the key question... what system are we trying to play, very narrow, sideways passing, all on each others toes until the other team break through the middle and score? If so it is working well!

Can you ask him if they put a lot of emphasis on these player stats such as pass completion, because sometimes I wonder if players would be a bit more adventurous if these didn't exist.
Mason seems like a good example, people say his preference is as an attacking midfielder but sometimes it feels like he (and many others in the PL, not just him) are playing nice one two's and short give and go's but never gamble on trying to find a final ball or get it into the box. I wondered if modern managers like AVB or Poch put a lot of pressure on them to maintain possession and he (and others) are too worried to play with complete freedom as any mistakes are now visible in these graphs every game. Having a 99% pass completion is great but there are many players in years gone by that pulled off great through balls etc. and were far more dangerous because they were willing to take the risks and still have a 90% pass completion.

Anyway, long-winded but you get my point ;)

Cheers for the offer Roy

1) what is the difference from what their training to do, and what happens in matches why hasn't pouch's system clicked yet? (that sounds like a cun ty question ... So perhaps be more diplomatic than that question is... But I would be very interested in his answer)

2) what were his feelings on Sherwood, his methods, training match preparation relationship to players etc and how do these compare to avb pouch and harry.

3) does he prefer chips and pie or paella and tapas?

Cheers for the offer Roy

1) what is the difference from what their training to do, and what happens in matches why hasn't pouch's system clicked yet? (that sounds like a cun ty question ... So perhaps be more diplomatic than that question is... But I would be very interested in his answer)

2) what were his feelings on Sherwood, his methods, training match preparation relationship to players etc and how do these compare to avb pouch and harry.

3) does he prefer chips and pie or paella and tapas?

Just wondering, why would you want to bring this up and ask him that? After a short 5-6 month caretaker stint, I'm not sure of its relevance. But yes, your first question might be interesting.

Last edited:
Just wondering, why would you want to bring this up and ask him that? After a short 5-6 month caretaker stint, I'm not sure of its relevance. But yes, your first question might be interesting.

Mason wasn't even at the club during Sherwood's tenure - he was on loan at Swindon

Please don't derail the thread sc25 & GB. DTA's entitled to ask Roy to ask any questions he wants and we don't need to follow it up with a load of oft repeated arguments.

Mason wasn't even at the club during Sherwood's tenure - he was on loan at Swindon

Sherwood was one of mason's biggest fans. He had a strong influence on his career

Also to the poster above talking about pass % stats. I actually think Mason is very progressive with his passing and will often look forward with a risky pass.... Quite unique in our team

Sherwood was one of mason's biggest fans. He had a strong influence on his career

Also to the poster above talking about pass % stats. I actually think Mason is very progressive with his passing and will often look forward with a risky pass.... Quite unique in our team

So true.

Where does Ryan realistically see himself in five years time? Assuming he progresses sufficiently, would he go to Chelsea if they came in for him? or the likes of City / United / Arsenal / Liverpool? Or is it his ambition to stick with us regardless and hopefully leading us out in a CL final?

He is a Chelsea fan yes on account of his dad supporting them :)

Answers coming up over the next few days.

Please don't derail the thread sc25 & GB. DTA's entitled to ask Roy to ask any questions he wants and we don't need to follow it up with a load of oft repeated arguments.

Thanks Milo, it's an honest question posed mainly because i want to separate fact from fiction. My one piece of ITK ever... If it can be classed as such, was from an old mate (Man U fan) who met Sherwood on holiday a few years back and said that he was a nice guy and smart, completely the opposite of a lot of what is said in here... So I just wanted to see what an actual member of the squad thought of him and the other recent managers in comparison.

was sherwood only at spurs for 6 months then?

Could sherwood have been involved in matters that concerned Ryan Mason?

Would ryan have knowledge of sherwoods methods at any level during his time at the club?

Maybe the guy has some valuable intel, you never know GB

Am I rewlly the only person who thinks this guy offers nothing? He dumbfounds me. He's so painfully average and not what we need.

We're getting battered on the counter. Need stambouli in there. A bit of solidity.

Well I know history will prove me right (same with Kane) when he's playing championship football in a couple of years. The whole situation is like a joke to be honest. They are so laughably bad, not only does our idiot manager play them, they seemed to have convinced most spurs fans too. Baffling. I think if they weren't homegrown the blinkers wouldn't be on

You're horrendous - also clearly clueless about football as well. Unless your trying to troll of course

Well I know history will prove me right (same with Kane) when he's playing championship football in a couple of years. The whole situation is like a joke to be honest. They are so laughably bad, not only does our idiot manager play them, they seemed to have convinced most spurs fans too. Baffling. I think if they weren't homegrown the blinkers wouldn't be on

I am willing to bet 500 pound now,you are wrong on both.

Am I rewlly the only person who thinks this guy offers nothing? He dumbfounds me. He's so painfully average and not what we need.

We're getting battered on the counter. Need stambouli in there. A bit of solidity.

I don't think he is a bad player but I don't think he is as good as some would make out -only my opinion of course Poch sees him day in day out. Personally I think Nabil is the one who will go on to be a regular, I think he had a bit more about him. Problem is until we get someone like Schneiderlin, mason is probably the best we got in his position. Stambouli is also good but he looks unfit judging by the Partizan game when he kept being out run. That's why Poch plays Mason. I certainly think he is good enough as a squad player. Being homegrown I also have a soft spot for him.

I don't think he is a bad player but I don't think he is as good as some would make out -only my opinion of course Poch sees him day in day out. Personally I think Nabil is the one who will go on to be a regular, I think he had a bit more about him. Problem is until we get someone like Schneiderlin, mason is probably the best we got in his position. Stambouli is also good but he looks unfit judging by the Partizan game when he kept being out run. That's why Poch plays Mason. I certainly think he is good enough as a squad player. Being homegrown I also have a soft spot for him.

My thoughts exactly... After a midfield of Modric, Parker, Bale and VDV, that we are pinning our hopes on Ryan Mason shows how low we have gone....:(

Back