• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Romaine Mundle

Soon as a team lose 3 or 4 games media start speculation about manager/coach getting the sack, going to take a brave manager to gamble his job on a 17 year old. This is one of the reasons I've lost a lot of interest in the game, everything must be instant, you're either great or crap, everything must be analysed to death and blame apportioned, nobody appears to be able to enjoy a game even if they lose.
Speculation from the press isn't what sacks managers though. If the coach is given assurances from the board that there is a plan and model and we are sticking to it no matter what then that manager/coach will feel emboldened to try out the younger players.

It is the board that fire mangers when we aren't getting the expected results. That is whom needs to weigh up whether investing in the youth system is worth it or not.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

It does have to be a concerted effort and plan ingrained in the club. We have to stay strong no matter the results if our intention is to truly utilise our youth system. Dare I say it but somewhat like Arsenal have in keeping Arteta despite the fan ridicule and even speculation from the press.

The question is, do we really want to use our youth system and possibly suffer the results of doing so?[emoji848]

Speculation from the press isn't what sacks managers though. If the coach is given assurances from the board that there is a plan and model and we are sticking to it no matter what then that manager/coach will feel emboldened to try out the younger players.

It is the board that fire mangers when we aren't getting the expected results. That is whom needs to weigh up whether investing in the youth system is worth it or not.

It creates an environment and sets the owners an agenda, I'm not saying running a football club is easy (unlike any of our experts) but it appears to me many clubs are vanity toys for owners and they like to see their names in the news, how many of us could name the owners of the top 20 companies in the country?

It does have to be a concerted effort and plan ingrained in the club. We have to stay strong no matter the results if our intention is to truly utilise our youth system. Dare I say it but somewhat like Arsenal have in keeping Arteta despite the fan ridicule and even speculation from the press.

The question is, do we really want to use our youth system and possibly suffer the results of doing so?[emoji848]

Surely that would be Levy's dream, no need to buy expensive players or high wages.

Surely that would be Levy's dream, no need to buy expensive players or high wages.
You would think so. He needs to stay the course if that is hit actual plan. I think a lot of the problem comes from the muddled ambitions, plans and actions the club has taken over the years.

We do talk the talk about youth development but we don't walk the walk.

You would think so. He needs to stay the course if that is hit actual plan. I think a lot of the problem comes from the muddled ambitions, plans and actions the club has taken over the years.

We do talk the talk about youth development but we don't walk the walk.

Can you imagine if that was our policy, the Levy haters would go mental. Give youngsters a chance like Winks, Walker Peters, Mason and vilified on here. People dont want to kiss frogs, want shiny new things.

Can you imagine if that was our policy, the Levy haters would go mental. Give youngsters a chance like Winks, Walker Peters, Mason and vilified on here. People dont want to kiss frogs, want shiny new things.
That's not really true. I'm hardly the biggest fan of Levy and I'd support that model quite solidly. I think the majority of fans were very happy to see the likes of Winks and Mason given a chance and even more disappointed that Walker-Peters never got given much of a run out.

Giving young players a chance and evaluating their level is not the same thing as playing them regardless of their quality. If they are good enough or have the potential to grow into that then great if not, play them get them some traction and sell them on.

One problem with modern football is that everyone wants that sugar hit of a new signing. The slow burn of a youth player coming good just doesn't compare to that.

Another player who may find out to be good or could easily be decidedly average ( but miles better than the average fan)
I hope he goes on to have a great careee as full time pro somewhere

Has anyone seen him play more than, say, 5 times so can really comment on his ability? He never seemed to be touted as a future star until being around the first team squad for a handle of games in the second half of the season just finished

We've apparently increased the amounts which we're prepared to pay young players after Paratici changed things, so not sure this is about money and even less likely to be given he's gone to Standard Liege!

Has anyone seen him play more than, say, 5 times so can really comment on his ability? He never seemed to be touted as a future star until being around the first team squad for a handle of games in the second half of the season just finished

We've apparently increased the amounts which we're prepared to pay young players after Paratici changed things, so not sure this is about money and even less likely to be given he's gone to Standard Liege!

Yeh agree, probably offered chance to play regular, I wanna see lads come through but they are not displacing some and have to have patience to develop from bench. Issue now is there is a huge overseas market for them with clubs willing to take the harder yards of development in the first team

Reminds me of the Markanday situation

Back