• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Romaine Mundle

Looks like we are about to lose out on another talent due to having a manager who does not care one bit about developing young talent. That is very poor.

Whats the point of having an academy if you don't hire a coach for the first team willing to give academy players a chance? I really hope we pick a next guy partially based on willingness to play youngsters.

Looks like we are about to lose out on another talent due to having a manager who does not care one bit about developing young talent. That is very poor.

I'd like us to give young players a chance, however most of those who leave the club and then Spurs fans and wail and cry about end up doing nothing. Very very few of them go on to do anything special. The lad who Chelsea recently signed is about the best

However agree, it would be good to see some kids getting a chance. If you're a kid in our academy, you'd be forgiven for not seeing a path to getting a first team game, let alone making it at Spurs

Pretty sure that Mundle was out for a good while with injury…. Also it’s not really been the pathway that has been the problem with us losing players coming through from the youth setup, it has often been (lack of good) financial offer.

Pretty sure that Mundle was out for a good while with injury…. Also it’s not really been the pathway that has been the problem with us losing players coming through from the youth setup, it has often been (lack of good) financial offer.
Good or extreme?
We pay our youth players sensible money £100k per year contracts to start with
Chelsea pay them crazy money - £30k a week
Southampton are paying the lads they took from us £10k a week
The issue is of course if others are silly enough to pay it …

I'd like us to give young players a chance, however most of those who leave the club and then Spurs fans and wail and cry about end up doing nothing. Very very few of them go on to do anything special. The lad who Chelsea recently signed is about the best

However agree, it would be good to see some kids getting a chance. If you're a kid in our academy, you'd be forgiven for not seeing a path to getting a first team game, let alone making it at Spurs

Markalandy is being loaned to Scotland.

We keep hiring coaches who are naturally disinclined to blooding youth, add to that specific over par targets and it's no surprise really that we have very little of our youth developments coming through.

You would think Levy would question why we are spending so much money on a youth system and getting virtually nothing from it on a regular basis.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Good or extreme?
We pay our youth players sensible money £100k per year contracts to start with
Chelsea pay them crazy money - £30k a week
Southampton are paying the lads they took from us £10k a week
The issue is of course if others are silly enough to pay it …
I guess you either pay them now or you pay bigger transfers later. A difficult one because obviously with the youth players you never quite know what their level is going to be.

You would think Levy would question why we are spending so much money on a youth system and getting virtually nothing from it on a regular basis.

Agreed - I was thinking yesterday if there was a way of estimating what the costs of running our academy was each year, but couldnt think of one.

You could then say whether we need to produce one Tanganga every 2 years plus a Winks every 4 years or whatever in order to cover the costs.

I guess you either pay them now or you pay bigger transfers later. A difficult one because obviously with the youth players you never quite know what their level is going to be.

True
It’s a gamble
I’d argue £100k a year for a 17 year old is pretty decent money
£500k a year is bonkers and Chelsea’s £M plus really distorting the value and therefore possibly the hunger in these players

Just look at the crap that gets written on here for every match....."MUST WIN GAME", not a time to gamble then. Timing is important when giving players a chance, we've not been in a position to do it and neither of our recent managers had a record of developing youth but fans were all for them as winners, we MUST give a manager time and accept missing out on Europe.

I would love to see 3 or 4 players given starts or time in upcoming games and couldn't care less about the results, are there many more who think that?

Just look at the crap that gets written on here for every match....."MUST WIN GAME", not a time to gamble then. Timing is important when giving players a chance, we've not been in a position to do it and neither of our recent managers had a record of developing youth but fans were all for them as winners, we MUST give a manager time and accept missing out on Europe.

I would love to see 3 or 4 players given starts or time in upcoming games and couldn't care less about the results, are there many more who think that?
The club needs to give the coaches time. It needs to give them an incentive to actual play some of the promising academy players. Their job needs to have more security than has presently been the case.

The club needs to give the coaches time. It needs to give them an incentive to actual play some of the promising academy players. Their job needs to have more security than has presently been the case.

Soon as a team lose 3 or 4 games media start speculation about manager/coach getting the sack, going to take a brave manager to gamble his job on a 17 year old. This is one of the reasons I've lost a lot of interest in the game, everything must be instant, you're either great or crap, everything must be analysed to death and blame apportioned, nobody appears to be able to enjoy a game even if they lose.

Soon as a team lose 3 or 4 games media start speculation about manager/coach getting the sack, going to take a brave manager to gamble his job on a 17 year old. This is one of the reasons I've lost a lot of interest in the game, everything must be instant, you're either great or crap, everything must be analysed to death and blame apportioned, nobody appears to be able to enjoy a game even if they lose.
True point.

Back