• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Moore if he carries in his trajectory will be elite
Donley could be anything
On his under 21 showing he does deserve a chance at senior level with the injuries we have had IMO
Not seen much of these guys, but sounds promising and like we have some real potential talent on the cusp of breaking through. And if anyone is going to show faith in these guys, especially with our injury situation it is Ange. If they don't get a chance its purely because they aren't ready no matter how much us fans would like to think otherwise....

Not seen much of these guys, but sounds promising and like we have some real potential talent on the cusp of breaking through. And if anyone is going to show faith in these guys, especially with our injury situation it is Ange. If they don't get a chance its purely because they aren't ready no matter how much us fans would like to think otherwise....
Ange didn’t really bring anyone through at Celtic ak that’s a minor worry for me

But we have a group of talent coming through that’s as good as it’s ever been form what little I’ve seen and certainly read

What’s interesting is the style of play the youth teams are playing. They don’t have to play Ange ball but they do. It’s going to be even more beneficial than just their talent alone and it’s showing in the results and performances

Played 86mins last night.
Good to see him getting more minutes, and hopefully almost back up to full speed now.

International break could work well for us in regards to Bentancour. We need him back to full fitness as quickly as possible, and him getting up to speed playing for Uruguay is a big bonus.

As soon as I'd read it on the BBC text I thought we'd go on to lose. Such a good player and to be crocked again so soon after a long layoff is absolute gonad*s. Looked like we were well on the way until yet another pivotal moment.
Cursed? Maybe.
Try not to believe that sort of crap but the more it happens, well....

I don't usually wish ill upon anyone, but Matty Cash sure is testing me...

I sort of hope that Romero and any other player capable of inflicting pain puts a big, red target mark over march 9th, and mark it "Cash delivery!"

Every time this happens we hear about how "he is not that kind of player", and "in the heat of the game.." blablablabla.
The problem with Matty Cash is that he _IS_ that kind of player, it most certainly was deliberate and intentional (to go hard after Bentancur, not neccessarily injure him), and it was not a "in the heat of the game"-moment.

The PGMOL and the pundits are quick to state that the rules are there to protect the players. Well, the rules fail miserably when there are such big discrepancies between Romero (and Curtis Jones, for that matter) and what Cash did. Both red cards mentioned were correct in regards to the rule of law, but what "punishment" is a yellow card for Cash? Means nothing.
And the punishment for Villa for intentionally and deliberately targeting our players with hard and excessive force (several tackles on Bentancur, Gio, Porro and the elbow to Gil)? 3 points.

I don't usually wish ill upon anyone, but Matty Cash sure is testing me...

I sort of hope that Romero and any other player capable of inflicting pain puts a big, red target mark over march 9th, and mark it "Cash delivery!"

Every time this happens we hear about how "he is not that kind of player", and "in the heat of the game.." blablablabla.
The problem with Matty Cash is that he _IS_ that kind of player, it most certainly was deliberate and intentional (to go hard after Bentancur, not neccessarily injure him), and it was not a "in the heat of the game"-moment.

The PGMOL and the pundits are quick to state that the rules are there to protect the players. Well, the rules fail miserably when there are such big discrepancies between Romero (and Curtis Jones, for that matter) and what Cash did. Both red cards mentioned were correct in regards to the rule of law, but what "punishment" is a yellow card for Cash? Means nothing.
And the punishment for Villa for intentionally and deliberately targeting our players with hard and excessive force (several tackles on Bentancur, Gio, Porro and the elbow to Gil)? 3 points.

Protection nothing, the amount of fouls I see against us that the refs "plays advantage" and doesn't go back to book the player is ridiculous.
Let the game flow by all means but they are giving some players a licence to foul repeatedly.

Not seen it as was busy but does Matt Cash have some kind of vendetta against us?
I haven't seen it back but my initial reaction in the stadium was that it was a shocking challenge. He was never going to get a red for it because it wasn't studs up but it was reckless, dangerous, intentional and endangered Bentancur.

It's impossible to know what's going on in someone's head, but my initial thought was that it seemed to be Cash's frustration boiling over after the VAR decision on their goal which happened right before.

I haven't seen it back but my initial reaction in the stadium was that it was a shocking challenge. He was never going to get a red for it because it wasn't studs up but it was reckless, dangerous, intentional and endangered Bentancur.

It's impossible to know what's going on in someone's head, but my initial thought was that it seemed to be Cash's frustration boiling over after the VAR decision on their goal which happened right before.
It’s all of the above
But not a red weirdly
He went for the man like a coward
But the rules don’t really cover that
Could have possibly gone for reckless play

What he did was IMO worse than any red we have seen our games this season (for and against) as he was not going for the ball

The only other challenge I’ve seen as bad was Nketiah on Vicario

Protection nothing, the amount of fouls I see against us that the refs "plays advantage" and doesn't go back to book the player is ridiculous.
Let the game flow by all means but they are giving some players a licence to foul repeatedly.
I actually think the refs are trying to do everything right include the play ons
It’s hard for them with the pace of the game
It’s also super rare for a ref to pull it back and book the player

But what is becoming a recurring trend is the sharing of “kicking us”.

Chelsea did it
Villa did it
Others will do it
Vs Chelsea Maddison had 6 fouls in him in the first 15 minutes and no yellows as it was 4 different players

I actually think the refs are trying to do everything right include the play ons
It’s hard for them with the pace of the game
It’s also super rare for a ref to pull it back and book the player

But what is becoming a recurring trend is the sharing of “kicking us”.

Chelsea did it
Villa did it
Others will do it
Vs Chelsea Maddison had 6 fouls in him in the first 15 minutes and no yellows as it was 4 different players

This is my point exactly.

If the beings in power truly were out to protect the players, and to enhance the free-flowing, attacking football, they can do something about this. But they have to give the referees the power to do so.

When NHL had a worsening problem with slashing and tripping in the early 2000's, they tweaked the rules, and increased the penalty for this, and lowered the threshold for when to incur the penalty. Football can do this as well, and has done so before, with the "tackle from behind"-change from a while back, and now recently with the "don't talk back to the ref"-change.

It leads to a brief, turbulent period with a lot of cards and some very hypocritical pundits slating the refs, but eventually the game adapts, and you get the change you wanted.

Unfortunately, there are some out there who thinks that kicking the other team off the park is a very valid way to win...

This is my point exactly.

If the beings in power truly were out to protect the players, and to enhance the free-flowing, attacking football, they can do something about this. But they have to give the referees the power to do so.

When NHL had a worsening problem with slashing and tripping in the early 2000's, they tweaked the rules, and increased the penalty for this, and lowered the threshold for when to incur the penalty. Football can do this as well, and has done so before, with the "tackle from behind"-change from a while back, and now recently with the "don't talk back to the ref"-change.

It leads to a brief, turbulent period with a lot of cards and some very hypocritical pundits slating the refs, but eventually the game adapts, and you get the change you wanted.

Unfortunately, there are some out there who thinks that kicking the other team off the park is a very valid way to win...
It is a way to win if it’s in the rules …

Back