• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

You just know under the previous manager he’d have been back starting before the last international break…, and would probably be out for another 6 months by now.

We can afford to take this fairly slowly, sub appearances through Nov and then Dec starts when the fixture list gets heavy.

Hopefully Marcelo Bielsa shows some common sense and do not call him up for Uruguays games during the international break.

As you say; he needs to be eased back slowly.

Never seen him smile so much as he did coming on and at the end.

I think we have been managing him to the point he's been beating Ange's door down to get back on field. Got a little run, 9 days till next one, likely sub appearance again, good timing.

Ange did say similar about Bentancur in one of his press talks. He said he has been asking to play.

Looked good again when he came on. Difficult circumstances, but looked comfortable in and out of possession and not that far removed from the player we saw last season imo.

Looked good again when he came on. Difficult circumstances, but looked comfortable in and out of possession and not that far removed from the player we saw last season imo.
He was everywhere too
so his engine is working well and so is his silky first touch

I think he will start against Wolves if Maddison is out. Our best option to start.

Not sure.read the other day the medical team had recommended him to come back 21st november. I wouldn't want him playing 90 mins till he is 100%. We don't want him breaking down.

Hope he starts in Bissouma’s role against Villa, as he is the only other one that can play in that position and be truly press resistant. Hojbjerg will just get it off the defenders and give it straight back to them.

Then Sarr back in his normal role with Lo Celso in Maddison’s position.

If we start shoehorning players into different roles to accommodate Hojbjerg it will be a mistake.

We need to back Lo Celso now and play him. Anything else will leave us blunt again and giving him 15 mins here and there will not get the guy on board. Yes it seems he is off in the summer and we’ll need to find another Maddison alternative, but he is all we have got atm and as he showed in pre season there is a player in there.

Donley is the one stylistically

Moore is now playing as CF

Cf at the mo lankshear seems to desreve a place over veliz. For me at least.

Dunno. Only watch the odd game of the youth and highlights. Just hope the boys get a chance. Especially at the moment where we seem to be bare bones.

Cf at the mo lankshear seems to desreve a place over veliz. For me at least.

Dunno. Only watch the odd game of the youth and highlights. Just hope the boys get a chance. Especially at the moment where we seem to be bare bones.

We've got some very good attacking prospects and I would like to see a couple given a chance this season. To my mind Donley is the most intelligent player with a great view of the game and Moore looks great in any position he plays, Veliz seems to have better movement off the ball in team play than Lankshear but when ever I see Lankshear I feel he's going to score he gets in the right place, it's an instinct which you can't teach no matter what stats and diagrams you show players.

We've got some very good attacking prospects and I would like to see a couple given a chance this season. To my mind Donley is the most intelligent player with a great view of the game and Moore looks great in any position he plays, Veliz seems to have better movement off the ball in team play than Lankshear but when ever I see Lankshear I feel he's going to score he gets in the right place, it's an instinct which you can't teach no matter what stats and diagrams you show players.
Moore if he carries in his trajectory will be elite
Donley could be anything
On his under 21 showing he does deserve a chance at senior level with the injuries we have had IMO

Back