• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

He needs to play ahead of Sarr. He can give us extra creativity going forwards and we’re going to need it.

If opponents can shut down Maddison defensively then what do we do? I can see that being Chelsea’s gameplan next week and Bentancur won’t be ready to start. If Maddison is starved of the ball and then closed out as much as possible when we have the ball then where does our creativity come from?

Bentancur was excellent last season until his injury, great to see him back. I think our new playstyle will be a perfect match for him. Can’t wait to see him back in full flow.

I'd ease him in personally. For me, Bentancur is world class but he's coming back from a serious injury. If we're struggling to break sides down, bring him on for Sarr or Biss. If we're ahead, bring him on for Maddison. The slight concern I have for him taking Sarr's place is it changes the balance of the midfield quite a bit because he's such a different player to Sarr. All things being equal, my midfield would still be him, Bissouma and Maddison though. Have to say, though, Sarr was one of our best last night IMO.

Great to see Bentancur back and great to see the reception he got. Sounds like he's eager too, Ange said he'd been beating down his door to get back training with the squad while the medics were saying "too soon".

With the way Sarr is playing, we definitely don't need to rush him back in.

Let him continue to build up his confidence and strength on the training pitch and increase the minutes he gets in games.

Great option from the bench for him, and someone to bring in when the afcon is on

I'd ease him in personally. For me, Bentancur is world class but he's coming back from a serious injury. If we're struggling to break sides down, bring him on for Sarr or Biss. If we're ahead, bring him on for Maddison. The slight concern I have for him taking Sarr's place is it changes the balance of the midfield quite a bit because he's such a different player to Sarr. All things being equal, my midfield would still be him, Bissouma and Maddison though. Have to say, though, Sarr was one of our best last night IMO.

Great to see Bentancur back and great to see the reception he got. Sounds like he's eager too, Ange said he'd been beating down his door to get back training with the squad while the medics were saying "too soon".

I loved his reaction. You could tell it was huge for him emotionally. That is going to leave an impression.

He should be eased in. He will have a lot of time to play once Bissouma and Sarr leave for the Afcon. Our midfield will be Hojberg, Bentancur, Madisson, Skipp, Lo Celso for those weeks.

Agreed. And even before AFCON perhaps. Easing him in, but if/when he's ready to start then start him. May take some weeks, may take longer.

bentancur and hojberg during afcon - i wonder if Ange would reverse their roles and have hojberg deeper and bentancur more attacking

I loved his reaction. You could tell it was huge for him emotionally. That is going to leave an impression.

You could see what it meant to finally be back, after all that hard work. I tore my ACL many years ago, and I still remember the euphoria of first being able to run again, and then return to the pitch. Lovely watch. Now ease him in, and have him fully firing for Christmas and ACN.

Great to see him back and he looked happy with the aclaim he got from us fans. Lets not rush him though i would rather we eased him back gently to make sure he is fully fit.

Never seen him smile so much as he did coming on and at the end.

I think we have been managing him to the point he's been beating Ange's door down to get back on field. Got a little run, 9 days till next one, likely sub appearance again, good timing.

Never seen him smile so much as he did coming on and at the end.

I think we have been managing him to the point he's been beating Ange's door down to get back on field. Got a little run, 9 days till next one, likely sub appearance again, good timing.

Quite possibly been holding him back a little bit.

It was only a handful of minutes, but take those minutes out of the context of him just returning from injury and I don't think he looked much different to last season.

Confident, comfortable on the ball, good touches. Still so very early, but reasons to hope that he'll get back close to his best reasonably quickly.

In his position we are in no rush to put his body under stress and causing a relapse ... Sarr, Bissouma and Madders are enough ... with PEH as back up .... let's stick with the team and vet him back on the pitch at 100% ready ... perhaps the Villa game at home

Quite possibly been holding him back a little bit.

It was only a handful of minutes, but take those minutes out of the context of him just returning from injury and I don't think he looked much different to last season.

Confident, comfortable on the ball, good touches. Still so very early, but reasons to hope that he'll get back close to his best reasonably quickly.

If he could come on against Chelsea, late in the game, boss the midfield a bit and help us secure a controlled victory that would just be wonderful. Depending on the state of the match, it could be an early huge test for him and an indicator of how quickly we should really expect him to recover the form saw last season

Back