• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

So bumping this thread,
since Rodrigo is back soon, do people think we might eventually see

Sar - Bis - Bentancour
- Madders -
Kulu - Son

With the 2 wingbacks supplying the width?

I think as far as putting our best players on the pitch, it's probably our best 11.
Obviously a change in formation and a different role for Kulu, but it might be worth a shot in certain cases. That is one scary midfield for PL teams to deal with, and I really like Sar and don't want to see him dropped when Rodrigo comes back.
What do you think?
No. Ange doesn't use WBs, he plays with FBs and with the 6 you say that leaves 4 defenders, so no WBs.
Ange uses inverted FBs to give us overloads in the centre and he's not going to change drastically from that and use FBs to provide width.

I think ppl has forgot how bloddy good he is.. if he is back in the same form he will take biss or sarr’s place.. no matter how good they have played. I hope we can find a way to play em all

It's Sarr's place all day long unless Bissouma is injured or suspended. Bentancur is one of the best midfielders in the league so if he's anywhere near as good as he was, him, Bissouma and Maddison are the 3. It'll be interesting to see the balance though because Sarr is a very different player.

He should come in to replace Sarr (who has done a fantastic job while Bentancure has been injured)

But he just links everything up so well and will get stuck in to every battel.

It's Sarr's place all day long unless Bissouma is injured or suspended. Bentancur is one of the best midfielders in the league so if he's anywhere near as good as he was, him, Bissouma and Maddison are the 3. It'll be interesting to see the balance though because Sarr is a very different player.

Since he has been out injured, I find it incredible that he is so underrated by supporters of other teams. I tell them how good he is and that he was right up there amongst best midfielders in the league until his injury but people won’t have it.

I really hope he returns back to his best and proves a LOT of people wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me if they step up his controlled intensity during this international break with the intention of getting him back with the group doing more than just the warm ups when everyone returns...then if all good for 3-4 weeks hopefully some minutes back middle to back end of November.

Back in regular training, according to Ange:

“We’ll be careful with him. Now he’s sort of fully training, so that means he’s into the whole session. We’ve drip-fed him into training the last month and he’s coped pretty well with that.

“Now he’s into full training. We’ve got to be mindful that he’s missed a fair bit of football, but I think the more he trains with the first team over the next few weeks, we’ll sort of pick our moment.

“He’s looking good at training and it was great to have him for the last couple of weeks fully integrated with the guys who are here and we’re looking forward to having him back.”

Ange said that we should now expect to see Veliz on this side of Christmas and we have seen he gets some time.. I think we will se Bentancur get 10min now in 3-4 games

Definitely give him time and we as fans should be patient. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see him get back to a very high level fairly quickly once he starts getting minutes.

Back