• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

His worst game in a Spurs shirt I think.

For me he's been quite positive since Sherwood took over, one poor game doesn't change that.

For me it should be between him and Ade for a start as a lone striker against Swansea, but for Sherwood it will most likely be two strikers and as long as we start two and Defoe has already been sold it's a pretty obvious decision to start Soldado alongside Ade.

I think Lamela being available again might tempt Sherwood to try something else. Or rather, Soldado's terrible performance today might tempt him!

I think Lamela being available again might tempt Sherwood to try something else. Or rather, Soldado's terrible performance today might tempt him!

I hope so. Swansea went to Old Trafford today and absolutely bossed possession in the first half. We'll suffer the same away to them, worse than we did away to Arsenal, if we play two strikers. And running in between and chasing the ball is not our strength.

He was so, so, so bad today. By far and away our worst player (he was as bad as everyone else in the first half, but the majority stepped there game up thereafter... his spiral downward continued!).

Poor work ethic, lack of movement, some abysmal touches. I think he needs to be dropped to the point regardless of whether we stick with 4-4-2 or adopt my preference (4-2-3-1) cos at the moment he seems to be guaranteed a place despite the games in which he is utter **** in.

I hope so. Swansea went to Old Trafford today and absolutely bossed possession in the first half. We'll suffer the same away to them, worse than we did away to Arsenal, if we play two strikers. And running in between and chasing the ball is not our strength.

I want us to continue playing 2 up top BUT Lamela partnering Ade. Give him licence to drop deep and roam, but predominantly partner Ade up top.

Frustrating....

Looking at the guy it's obvious he's technically gifted, good touch etc. but he needs to start scoring goals, we all (including me) blamed the old system, well guess what? We've changed it and he still isn't scoring.

Personally, at the moment I'd rather see Lamela given a chance up front once he's back to full fitness

Agreed. And if we do play 2 up top, we really can't afford Soldado to be a passenger.

Possibly play Townsend on the left and Eriksen off of Ade (would be tempted by that after seeing Eriksen get on to Ade's header today).

Thought both our strikers were poor today. Not excusing either of them but generally neither turned up today. Still showed some sharp touches around the edge of the box

Something has happened with Soldado, a falling out with someone or disagreement because he looked a totally different player to the past few performances.
Quality strikers dont just suddenly lose intelligent movement, touch etc.
He really looked like he couldn't be arsed yesterday.

Maybe because we aren't playing a brand of football he is familiar with and finds it difficult to get to grips with.

Something has happened with Soldado, a falling out with someone or disagreement because he looked a totally different player to the past few performances.
Quality strikers dont just suddenly lose intelligent movement, touch etc.
He really looked like he couldn't be arsed yesterday.

I think he is totally out of confidence then I see his quality through his touches here and there, the back heel to Lennon, the lay off to Erikssen. He was not good today but since Timmy boy has taken over, Soldado has been far more involved in games and been getting chances, shame he hasnt scored them.

Whatever it is its not a good sign...

Getting him scoring is absolutely CRUCIAL to our team and our chances this season...

going from today I am worried....as others have said didnt look like he could be arsed!

Maybe because we aren't playing a brand of football he is familiar with and finds it difficult to get to grips with.

I think he's looked his best under Sherwoods tactics. But yesterday he was a shadow of that player.
I do worry about Ferdinand's roll at the club for some reason.

How much time? I'd prefer to drop Adebayor than Soldado but that's in hope Soldado hits the level that we think he is capable of reaching.

The time it takes for him to find his form. He's a big talent, he has scored in season after season in Spain, showing great technical ability. He's also someone we invested £26 M in, it'd be a lot easier to drop him if he wasn't that big of an investment. We need to get this guy up and running.

I think he's looked his best under Sherwoods tactics. But yesterday he was a shadow of that player.
I do worry about Ferdinand's roll at the club for some reason.

How on earth this clown is still striker coach I have no idea

What is it exactly about Ferdinand's coaching technique/abilities that you dislike so much?

Our crossing into the box is terrible. Yesterday Rose got into some great positions and then just blindly kicked aimlessly into the box to no one in particular. Poor crossing is the root of our goal scoring problems. Also we never seem dangerous from corners. Give Soldaldo a decent cross and he will score. Simple.

Our crossing into the box is terrible. Yesterday Rose got into some great positions and then just blindly kicked aimlessly into the box to no one in particular. Poor crossing is the root of our goal scoring problems. Also we never seem dangerous from corners. Give Soldaldo a decent cross and he will score. Simple.

He missed two from good crosses recently - Lennon vs Utd and Chadli vs Southampton. He's missed other good chances as well since Sherwood got the job.

What is it exactly about Ferdinand's coaching technique/abilities that you dislike so much?

It's like the Tim Sherwood comments before he took over. Noone has a clue how good/bad Ferdinand is as a coach bar those at the club. The fact Sherwood seems to want him there is good enough for me....

There were two bright points yesterday: a clever flick through to Lennon and the take and lay off inside the box to Eriksen.

Almost every time he received the ball he had his back to goal so that would indicate we're not getting the ball to him fast enough. It's like he's made his first run, not received the ball so he's turned and faced and only received it then.

He clearly has quality, and I think it'll come good for him.

Back