• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

There were two bright points yesterday: a clever flick through to Lennon and the take and lay off inside the box to Eriksen.

Almost every time he received the ball he had his back to goal so that would indicate we're not getting the ball to him fast enough. It's like he's made his first run, not received the ball so he's turned and faced and only received it then.

He clearly has quality, and I think it'll come good for him.

His link up play is very good and he rarely doesn't find a Spurs player

Yesterday was another game where Ade didn't really turn up and Soldado gets criticised

Did anyone else notice that it was Soldado dropping for the ball, not Ade? Soldado was playing the number 10 role so to speak

It's why IMO we were dominant in the start of the second half, took of Soldado and Palace started getting the ball again. Defoe and Ade had driftnet roles to how the team had been playing and we looked better before hand. Luckily Defoe took one of his chances and also seemed to have learnt the offside rule

We were awful in the first half and Palace were great but Soldado was by no means the worse of the forwards

His link up play is very good and he rarely doesn't find a Spurs player

Yesterday was another game where Ade didn't really turn up and Soldado gets criticised

Did anyone else notice that it was Soldado dropping for the ball, not Ade? Soldado was playing the number 10 role so to speak

It's why IMO we were dominant in the start of the second half, took of Soldado and Palace started getting the ball again. Defoe and Ade had driftnet roles to how the team had been playing and we looked better before hand. Luckily Defoe took one of his chances and also seemed to have learnt the offside rule

We were awful in the first half and Palace were great but Soldado was by no means the worse of the forwards

Adebayor was sh1te for the first 30 minutes or so, but dropped deep a lot after that and got a lot of touches. He assisted for the first goal and linked up well with Eriksen. Overall, he was a lot better than Soldado.

He has shown enough to convince me of his quality, but really needs to start scoring. He must begin to convert all those big chances soon - hopefully we can expect a ketchup effect here.

If Lamela comes in, and starts to perform well, and if Soldado hits a scoring streak, these could be very fun times!!

The promise that August held was too exciting, it felt as if a could win the Premiership and that we would hit heights that we had only dreamed about.

Unfortunately the dream was more in the vein of those dreams where you dream that you are having a threesome with hot models when one of them turns in to that old teacher at school who used to dribble a bit, and would always be taking her teeth in and out.

The dream could never be realised.

its really puzzling when you see soldado's qualities but a lack of goals from open play
his body language wasn't good in the last game - looks to me his about had it and i wouldn't be surprised if he is agitating for a move

its really puzzling when you see soldado's qualities but a lack of goals from open play
his body language wasn't good in the last game - looks to me his about had it and i wouldn't be surprised if he is agitating for a move

I don't think so, quite honestly, Soldado and Holtby are the only players I see that visibly losing/playing badly hurts them, both want to succeed badly.

I think the last game was a combination of frustration for him, and I have to believe he was still carry a niggle, just seemed less mobile.

I dont think I've ever been so disappointed by Spurs player than I am with Soldado. What a waste of money and it's not as though he has age on his side. Would have preferred Shane Long

I understand why we bought him, thought he looked a good player in la liga. But he just isn't built for this league, defenders get all over him, he gets frustrated and can't handle it. Any chance that comes his way, he snatches at it. Pushing 30, all that money we paid...what a disaster this signing has been.

I keep hoping that he'll come good, but he seems to get worse!

Looks utterly devoid of confidence...

Might be difficult for him to turn it around now seeing how poorly he's playing when he's on the pitch, desperately needs a goal somehow.

Hope the Ade injury isn't serious, based on today we'll really struggle if Soldado is our only proper striker in the coming weeks.

Still time for him yet.

Clearly bereft of confidence but I think there's a good player in there. We just don't give him that early ball down the channel often enough.

Couldn't watch the game today, sounds like he was brutal though.

So frustrating because he looks like he has so much ability technically. Shame.

Back