• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official!

Roberto Soldado Valencia, Spain Aug-13 £25,900,000
Nacer Chadli FC Twente, Netherlands Jly-13 £7,000,000
Paulinho Corinthians, Brazil Jly-13 £17,000,000
Lewis Holtby Schalke 04 Jan-13 £1,500,000
Zeki Fryers Standard Liege, Belgium Jan-13 £3,000,000
Clint Dempsey Fulham Aug-12 £6,000,000
Hugo Lloris Lyon, France Aug-12 £11,800,000
Mousa Dembele Fulham Aug-12 £15,000,000
Emmanuel Adebayor Emirates Marketing Project Aug-12 £5,000,000
Jan Vertonghen Ajax, Netherlands Jly-12 £9,000,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson 1899 Hoffenheim, Ger Jly-12 £6,800,000
Grant Hall Brighton & Hove Albion May-12 £0

...I'd say that's a very good bit of business!

Indeed!

As frustrating as our recruitment can be at times you just cannot complain about our transfer policy over the past year. Those players in bold are players who have proven themselves at very high club or international levels.

Still amazed we signed Lloris, huge huge coup IMHO.

Last edited:

i think Batman means that we failed to replace those players like for like....Carrick out, Zokora in....Berbatov out, Pavlyuchenko in....Modric out, Dembele in

Yet the long term progression is upwards - selling those players was clearly part of that progression as the money was reinvested.

This is such an odd opinion. We didn't replace them with like-for-like, but we sold Carrick and bought Berbatov in the same window. We then sold Berbatov and bought Modric in the same window.

If anything, we sold a good player and immediately replaced them with an (arguably) better player in each case.

In both these instances the player that came in was signed before the other was sold

BQlEXEkCQAAMy4g.jpg

A bit like an NFL team drafting on the basis of best player available and not on need

Teams should always take the best player available. Always.

Just ask the Portland Trail Blazers who took Sam Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan in 1984 because they had a shooting guard and needed a big man. One of the worst decisions in sports history.

In both these instances the player that came in was signed before the other was sold

The way it should be, although not quite to a sufficient degree, ideally the replacement player should be settled by the time an important first team player is sold.

so Berbatov replaced Carrick and Modric replaced Berbatov.....that means that Soldado is replacing Bale?

Delighted by the signing. I think that the signing really sends out the right signals that we are going in the right direction. To sign one of the top strikers in Spain, having landed a Brazillian midfielder with class and who impressed in the Confederations Cup. Teams and targeted players will know that we are aiming for the very top!!

I believe Soldado will be a great success and look forward to an excellent season ahead irrespective of where Bale is plying his trade.

Last summer, Spurs had a net surplus from player trading of £14,603,000.

We bought Fryers & Holtby in January 2013 for an estimated £4,500,000.

That gave us £10,103,000 surplus going into the Summer 2013 window.

We've bought Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado for a combined £49,900,000, sold Caulker for £9,000,000 and received around £3,000,000 from the Dos Santos sell-on clause.

So our net spend from last summer until now has been £27,797,000 and we've added all these players...

Roberto Soldado Valencia, Spain Aug-13 £25,900,000
Nacer Chadli FC Twente, Netherlands Jly-13 £7,000,000
Paulinho Corinthians, Brazil Jly-13 £17,000,000
Lewis Holtby Schalke 04 Jan-13 £1,500,000
Zeki Fryers Standard Liege, Belgium Jan-13 £3,000,000
Clint Dempsey Fulham Aug-12 £6,000,000
Hugo Lloris Lyon, France Aug-12 £11,800,000
Mousa Dembele Fulham Aug-12 £15,000,000
Emmanuel Adebayor Emirates Marketing Project Aug-12 £5,000,000
Jan Vertonghen Ajax, Netherlands Jly-12 £9,000,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson 1899 Hoffenheim, Ger Jly-12 £6,800,000
Grant Hall Brighton & Hove Albion May-12 £0

...I'd say that's a very good bit of business!

Daniel Levy=D>=D>

Now Danny Boy, tell those w***** from Spain to fcuk off and buy a CB please \o/

Get the hell in......jeez I have a quick power nap and this gets over the line......

eff the bale negativity.....!!!!

well done spurs!!!!!

Bobby reminds me a bit of Ian Rush...and not just the hooter either :)

So medical today? Pic of him holding the shirt later this afternoon? hope so, do love a nice new signing unveiling!

any guesses how we are going to fund this move?

Daniel Levy is not the kinda' chairman to take risks, whether it's due to incoming Bale money or the fact we just have some money in the bank I doubt we have spent this money without it covered in the future.

soldado+ chadli+paulinho-caulker= 26+7+17 = 40m
caulker = 8
=========
that's 32 already. what;s our record net spend in a season?

Looking at that vid he reminds me a lot of Lineker - it looks like shocking defending and easy tap ins but it's all about the movement. Class striker.

This is such an odd opinion. We didn't replace them with like-for-like, but we sold Carrick and bought Berbatov in the same window. We then sold Berbatov and bought Modric in the same window.

If anything, we sold a good player and immediately replaced them with an (arguably) better player in each case.

We didn't buy Berbatov and Modric because of money generated from sales though. You're talking about something different.

When we sold these players we were always weaker in that position. Which was the point I was trying to make.

Looking at that vid he reminds me a lot of Lineker - it looks like shocking defending and easy tap ins but it's all about the movement. Class striker.

some of the movement is exceptional...with his movements and timing of runs he creates those simple chances to tuck away. Yes like Lineker in that respect.

soldado+ chadli+paulinho-caulker= 26+7+17 = 40m
caulker = 8
=========
that's 32 already. what;s our record net spend in a season?

£34m in 07/08. Also your math is off (26+7+17 is 50, not 40). Caulker I think was £9m, so right now it's a £40m-£41m net spend.

Back