• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Following on from that, it seems to me that you are missing something if you think that if your are sympathetic towards Soldado you have to be anti-Adebayor or vice versa.

Aren't we meant to supporters of a football club?

It seems stupid to me that people are constantly trying to reduce everything into petty arguments and draw lines between people, who are meant to have something in common, in order to score points.

Bang on.

I would like to comment again.. which must be about 30 pages back where the 26m came from

At the time of Soldado's transfer, Valencia were going through bad money troubles, they had a sizeable chunk to pay to the bank at the end of August. This was common knowledge everywhere, the people running the club wanted to sell to cover this debt, thing is Soldado I believe had little left on his contract, but one of the guys who was part of the Valencia board at the time, the chair I believe was very vocal and always stating to the Spanish media that the fee was 30m or some other stupid amount. With Soldado lack of contract and the fact the bank needed there money or they went under Valencia were under pressure to sell, yet this one guy stuck to his story and wanted 30m plus or minus a few.

It is I think that Levy got involved.. gave them the offer of 13m +13m which would have placated the Valencia side by which they could tell the world, or this one guy could that he was sold for 26m. Yet again, I believe that the addons put in by Levy would have been situations that Levy more likely than not would not have minded paying should those be ignited through success for the player or the club.

So, I probably could find newspaper pages confirming the above as it was them that all this comes from.

Anyway, he did us proud whenever he put on the lilywhite, and is certainly one of the few players I'd actually love to bump into on holiday and buy a drink.

I don't think the system that AVB played did Soldado any favours.Having only played in Spain he was probably a little one dimensional and unable to react to new systems.That said he did miss a lot of sitters and couldn't convert the half chances that elite strikers can.He was even worse as a sub and i am struggling to remember when he came on and made a difference.He comes across as a decent sort and i can only wish him all the best.Villareal are a decent team he will do alright there.Essentially swopping him for N'jie makes us better for sure.

Depends. What are your views on having a DM in the team, inverted wingers and do you know your amortisation from cash flow? Also what are your views on Baldini?
DM in as Makelele (sorry) and Carrick, to different worlds - but then I'm all for it.
I didnt like inverted wingers, but Gareth made me think it could come in handy if it's the right player, in the right team.
The cash flow is for Levy and his boys, I trust him ;)
We could probably have spent more the last few windows, but I'm happy with a new stadium and perhaps being able to really compete in top four in a few years time. I dont know if Levy has saved a bit of the revenue for it, but I hope so!
Baldini... Nice looking guy, did some good things in Roma. The seven he got for the Bale money... It hasnt worked as we all hoped it would do.
It will be interesting to see our new signings, and to know if Baldini actually has something to do with us signing them. The jury is still out for me, but generally I do like the manager to have the last word in transfers in. Transfers out is Levy, we all know it wont change :)

DM in as Makelele (sorry) and Carrick, to different world - but then I'm all for it.
I didnt like inverted wingers, but Gareth made me think it could come in handy if it's the right player, in the right team.
The cash flow is for Levy and his boys, I trust him ;)
We could probably have spent more the last few windows, but I'm happy with a new stadium and perhaps being able to really compete in top four in a few years time. I dont know if Levy has saved a bit of the revenue for it, but I hope so!
Baldini... Nice looking guy, did some good things in Roma. The seven he got for the Bale money... It hasnt worked as we all hoped it would do.
It will be interesting to see our new signings, and to know if Baldini actually has something to do with us signing them. The jury is still out for me, but generally I do like the manager to have the last word in transfers in. Transfers out is Levy, we all know it wont change :)

o_O I can't remember who keeps on bringing this up when talking about Baldini, but he does look like Lovejoy!

Following on from that, it seems to me that you are missing something if you think that if your are sympathetic towards Soldado you have to be anti-Adebayor or vice versa.

Aren't we meant to supporters of a football club?

It seems stupid to me that people are constantly trying to reduce everything into petty arguments and draw lines between people, who are meant to have something in common, in order to score points.

Milo I agree with your post but it works both ways. I felt it was below the belt from you to bring up the miscarriage as a way to beat down those who criticized soldado. The criticisms were directed at his football performances not at him personally so there was no need for that imo and from a poster I normally expect better from. In the end there were some people who liked him and others who felt he was a waste of money. Both views are fine there does not have to be a consensus. The very fact that there is rarely consensus on anything makes this an interesting if frustrating place to discuss Spurss

How about we use maths to work out how good a purchase a player is e.g.

Cost price minus sales price + total wage outlay = net spend on that player

Divide that by goals and assists, bingo, that is your Bentley Coefficient.

He has gone? This surely calls for:

2n8ocau.jpg

@Superhudd :)

Supposed to be a loan move.

Where's that from? It's the first I've seen it mentioned. Everything else has been saying £12m fee.

A loan really doesn’t help us in our quest to buy Berahino and a CM, as Soldado is our most valuable disposable asset left. At his age his price will drop further over the course of the season too

Back