• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

You are mixing up hate for him as a footballer to my hate for him as a person. He is a talented footballer when he can be bothered to be. But 90% of my vitriol towards Ade is because I truly believe he is not a good person which is shown in his actions nearly every week, and everything he does. I'm not going to list them, you can read the thread for them.

Regarding the Ade v Soldado issue. Fact is people that are nice people will always be seen in a better light and will get the benefit of the doubt. Its that simple, despite others wishing to bring other reasons.. colour, ex-Ar5ena1.. blah blah.

But you don't know Ade or soldado, for all we know they could both be cu nts . Or both amazing people.

I think part of this is the fact that Ade is culturally very different from a lot of fans, I don't think it's a racist or a rather a black thing, but cultural ly he is very different so fans don't get him or some of his actions. I remember Ade getting abuse for the dance he used to do, when he scored, what's that about? It's not because he can't dance because he patently can, but that little dance was alien to a lot of people, so it was deemed embarrassing, while Keane's (for instance) rolly Polly and arrow was much more accepted, even though it was soo much more shi t.

Another example would be Ade misses a sitter and he smiles (quite obviously embarrassed) is taken to mean he doesn't care ..... But soldado after missing one of a million sitters goes to kick the goal post (and probably misses :) ) oh that means he cares and is upset........ We don't know what they are feeling, soldado could be just upset that he is Not going to get his goal bonus and couldn't give a shi t that spurs didn't score, and forgets about it in 10 minutes (ready to miss another chance), while Ade May not sleep for three nights devastated that he feels he let the team down.

And before you or anyone else picks on these examples which are founded almost completely in conjecture....... Realise that they are just that..... Founded in conjecture, as are many of our opinions on people we simply don't know, and in some cases culturally alien to us.... Therefore we don't understand their actions, or misunderstand them.

He has to go simple a that, and the sooner the better as it will mean we can finally sign another striker if it is the case that we are selling before we buy in that respect. I was ecstatic when we signed him, but some moves just don't work for either party involved. This isn't just a slump of a few weeks or even months, this is two seasons now! I saw one poster mentioned how we shouldn't judge him on his goal record, sorry but ALL strikers should be judged on their goals tally whether it's Lionel Messi, Roberto Soldado or Emile Heskey (could never work out why some people rated him). You have to be an all round player these days, poachers have kind of died a death, but your goal record is just as important as your ability to hold up play, bring others into play and create chances for others for example.

But you don't know Ade or soldado, for all we know they could both be cu nts . Or both amazing people.

I think part of this is the fact that Ade is culturally very different from a lot of fans, I don't think it's a racist or a rather a black thing, but cultural ly he is very different so fans don't get him or some of his actions. I remember Ade getting abuse for the dance he used to do, when he scored, what's that about? It's not because he can't dance because he patently can, but that little dance was alien to a lot of people, so it was deemed embarrassing, while Keane's (for instance) rolly Polly and arrow was much more accepted, even though it was soo much more shi t.

Another example would be Ade misses a sitter and he smiles (quite obviously embarrassed) is taken to mean he doesn't care ..... But soldado after missing one of a million sitters goes to kick the goal post (and probably misses :) ) oh that means he cares and is upset........ We don't know what they are feeling, soldado could be just upset that he is Not going to get his goal bonus and couldn't give a shi t that spurs didn't score, and forgets about it in 10 minutes (ready to miss another chance), while Ade May not sleep for three nights devastated that he feels he let the team down.

And before you or anyone else picks on these examples which are founded almost completely in conjecture....... Realise that they are just that..... Founded in conjecture, as are many of our opinions on people we simply don't know, and in some cases culturally alien to us.... Therefore we don't understand their actions, or misunderstand them.

Soldado has been a success at most clubs in his career except Spurs, and yes his body language counts for something when he fudges up.

Ade's career has been exactly the same at every club he has been to, completely unplayable for a period of time, followed by completely awful with a circus of media/personal/etc. problems. His body language and some of the social media brick he comes up with doesn't help.

I don' think that has anything to do with cultural misunderstanding, it comes down to

- Soldado seems ill suited to our league and/or our style of play
- Ade seems ill suited to get his mental brick together and give a 75% effort/focus on the field (Ade at 75% would still be a brilliant striker)

Soldado has been a success at most clubs in his career except Spurs, and yes his body language counts for something when he ****s up.

Ade's career has been exactly the same at every club he has been to, completely unplayable for a period of time, followed by completely awful with a circus of media/personal/etc. problems. His body language and some of the social media **** he comes up with doesn't help.

I don' think that has anything to do with cultural misunderstanding, it comes down to

- Soldado seems ill suited to our league and/or our style of play
- Ade seems ill suited to get his mental **** together and give a 75% effort/focus on the field (Ade at 75% would still be a brilliant striker)

If you are saying that body language is an issue, are you not then agreeing with me, to a degree at least, that cultural misunderstanding maybe a factor as, body language for instance is very much based in culture.

For example sticking one's tongue out mean different things in different cultures.

Ade, Benny both were labelled as Lazy and didnt care and therefore ****s. However both did significant amounts for charity. Would lead you to think it was a race/africa thing.

However berbatov was also labelled as lazy and that he didnt care, however he went to utd and he didnt start chasing the keeper down

I think it was G Neville who talked about players who ran after a ball that they were obviously never going to get in order to get the crowd with them.
Maybe thats a reasonable ploy especially when the crowd if flat, however i can imagine some managers from the continent going nuts asking why you are chasing 40yrs to show your trying.

However i think calling a player xxx based on what you are seeing is fair enough, saying the guy is a xxxx and doesnt care is basically spouting ******it.

Reactions: DTA
Looking at Soldado, I have to say that I never thought he would prosper because of our style of play. All this sitting on the ball in mid field and passing it sideways and backwards. From what I saw, he needs the ball to be played forward much quicker, as he had a perchance for getting on the end of things very late in the piece. We rarely, if ever score goals like that.

If you are saying that body language is an issue, are you not then agreeing with me, to a degree at least, that cultural misunderstanding maybe a factor as, body language for instance is very much based in culture.

For example sticking one's tongue out mean different things in different cultures.

It's gonad*s all this talk about body language and it always makes me laugh when some used to say Jan does not give a brick ( because I can tell by his body language), its just a crock of brick and I would really like to know what Uni they went to and got their degree in Body language.

As you say everyone is different and trying to say what type of person one is by their shape/ demeanour is as I say gonad*s.

Looking at Soldado, I have to say that I never thought he would prosper because of our style of play. All this sitting on the ball in mid field and passing it sideways and backwards. From what I saw, he needs the ball to be played forward much quicker, as he had a perchance for getting on the end of things very late in the piece. We rarely, if ever score goals like that.

That argument could hold some water if it were not for all of these....

Reactions: DTA
I think that was the point I knew he has never going to come good. His confidence was in the bricker already and that poor pass was just the final deluge of crap raining down on it.

Going himself was the correct choice obviously, but the pass might actually have come off OK if he had hit it with any conviction, which he didn't.

In my life people that say that brick are generally point scoring.

Look we ain't gonna see the same on this. Best let it drop and hope both leave.

What about running the length of the pitch to celebrate against people who used to pay his wages before he decided he wanted more and forced a nice.

The guy is an idiot.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says Roberto Soldado is part of his plans, even though the striker has been linked with a move to Villarreal.

Speaking ahead of the Audi Cup, Pochettino said: "Soldado is our player and is in our plans."

:confused:

I'm guessing the plan is to sell him though, right Poch?

Back