• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

If we do get rid of Soldado and Ade as well could it be a case of two out two in!? Or is that just being overly wishful?

two out and three in hopefully......according to players linked, that would mean Berahino, Njie and Werner. That will give us lots of flexibility and enough depth to have a real go at 4th place. Everyone goes on about our defence being a weak point, but our attack needs desperately shaking up as well

two out and three in hopefully......according to players linked, that would mean Berahino, Njie and Werner. That will give us lots of flexibility and enough depth to have a real go at 4th place. Everyone goes on about our defence being a weak point, but our attack needs desperately shaking up as well

Do you not think that attacking line up is a little too inexperienced?

I mentioned that the other day, but from what i have read (we all know probably rubbish) but Poch doesnt want anyone over 27 so all the incomings could be younger players. Hopefully with pace.

Time will tell.

as Vega says, we seem to be targeting younger players and most names we are linked to are young and not experienced in the PL

out of the 3 i think Poch would give Berahino most game time, the other two will be slowly bedded in

I can't see us bringing in three and if we did, where does that leave Pritchard and Carroll?

I can't see us bringing in three and if we did, where does that leave Pritchard and Carroll?

Carroll is not good enough imo, he is not a central midfielder, not an attacking midfielder, not a great tackler, doesnt have a goal threat. I just dont see where he fits in

Pritchard will compete with Eriksen imo

Berahino to be a CF/LWF, NJie covers LWF/RWF and Werner CF/LWF

Keep Lamela, sell Townsend

Carroll is not good enough imo, he is not a central midfielder, not an attacking midfielder, not a great tackler, doesnt have a goal threat. I just dont see where he fits in

Agreed with all of that just about. Keep Lamela irks somewhat, but if we give him more time he is still saleable at a decent rate next summer if need be.

As much as i think 3 forward players would be good, i can't see us getting more than 2.

Agreed with all of that just about. Keep Lamela irks somewhat, but if we give him more time he is still saleable at a decent rate next summer if need be.

As much as i think 3 forward players would be good, i can't see us getting more than 2.

I would give Lamela another year. He has shown flashes of real class and somehow Poch has to find a way of getting more out of him.

I think that if we have players who can cover a number of positions, we won't recruit so heavily, we've got the Ukrainian chap to consider too and he is the one that we know we have bid for.

I'm undecided on Carroll but if he cannot make our squad for this season, I see little point in loaning him out again.

Its a bit silly all this " worse CF in a Spurs shirt" ********, Armstrong, Moores, Jones, Crouch etc etc were all as bad if not worse then Soldado.

Let’s take a look at each player in turn.

First, the opposition's secret weapon - Soldado.... 7 goals in 54 games or 1 goal every 7.3 games.

Next Armstrong… Do you mean Chris Armstrong?.... If so he absolutely p!ssed on Soldado, scoring 48 goals in 141 games – a goal every 2.9 games.

Crouch… Even If we ignore Crouch’s significant extra contribution as a target man and look only at his goals – he scored 12 league goals in 78 games – a goal every 6.5 games.
Moores… Do you mean Ian Moores? He was before my time but I looked up his stats and he scored 6 league goals in 29 games for us – a goal every 4.8 games.
Jones… Now there is no way you can be talking about the legend that is Cliff, so perhaps you mean Chris Jones? A kid who came through as an apprentice at Spurs and subsequently stayed with us for a good portion of his career. His stats say he scored a total of 42 goals in 185 games for us – a goal every 4.4 games (although I couldn’t’ find a stat for league goals only).
So to summarise:
1. Armstrong - 1 goal every 2.9 games
2. Jones – 1 goal every 4.4 games
3. Moores - 1 goal every 4.8 games
4. Crouch – 1 goal every 6.5 games
5. Soldado – 1 goal every 7.3 games​
So Soldado is very much bottom of your brick list

Although to be fair Superhudd did actually trawl through the history books to find a couple of Spurs strikers with even worse goal scoring records than Soldado, in Helder Postiga (1 in 19) and Paul Moran (2 in 36). So I'll retract my previous comment of him being the worst ever striker to play for us and revise it to "The third worst striker ever to play for us, who also happened to be the most expensive".

I think that if we have players who can cover a number of positions, we won't recruit so heavily, we've got the Ukrainian chap to consider too and he is the one that we know we have bid for.

I'm undecided on Carroll but if he cannot make our squad for this season, I see little point in loaning him out again.

i do hope we compete on all 4 fronts next season. I think we need to make more effort in the EL, its a competition we should do better in, and now there is the CL place at the end of it for the winner which is something many of us have wanted for long.

To do all this we need a strong squad which will allow Poch to make the necessary changes for each competition. What i proposed should give us that strength with players being able to cover a number of positions as you say.

i do hope we compete on all 4 fronts next season. I think we need to make more effort in the EL, its a competition we should do better in, and now there is the CL place at the end of it for the winner which is something many of us have wanted for long.

To do all this we need a strong squad which will allow Poch to make the necessary changes for each competition. What i proposed should give us that strength with players being able to cover a number of positions as you say.

I would expect two for each position to be sufficient. If we have more than this we will never see the youth players get a game.

I would expect two for each position to be sufficient. If we have more than this we will never see the youth players get a game.

..........................Kane/Berahino
Chadli/Werner....Eriksen/Pritchard.......Lamela/NJie

the kid i would promote is Oduwa

I looked up the first five I could think of.

Frazier Campbell 1 in 10
Andy Booth 0 in 4
Gregorz Rasiak 0 in 8
Rory Allen 2 in 20
Neale Fenn 0 in 11

Then I remembered someone who truly deserves to be on the worst ever list.

Ronnie Rosenthal 4 in 88

First foreign player to cost more than £1 million when Liverpool forked out 1.1 for him in 1990. We got away with paying them 250k.

I looked up the first five I could think of.

Frazier Campbell 1 in 10
Andy Booth 0 in 4
Gregorz Rasiak 0 in 8
Rory Allen 2 in 20
Neale Fenn 0 in 11

Then I remembered someone who truly deserves to be on the worst ever list.

Ronnie Rosenthal 4 in 88

First foreign player to cost more than £1 million when Liverpool forked out 1.1 for him in 1990. We got away with paying them 250k.

He used to run around a lot though Ronnie, he always tried, just wasnt very good. A figure of fun.

Back