• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Awful awful pass. Can't even call that unselfish as it so clearly comes from a lack of confidence, would have been easier to score himself there.

He seems such a likeable guy too, but how much longer before his team mates turn against him for the sake of feeling like theres less chance of winning when he's on the pitch? Its impossible to believe some of them won't think he simply hasn't done the job he's paid for tonight.

I'm not sure its going to come right for him. I can only see him working out at some level if he was playing behind Kane not in front, (that pass not withstanding) he has good passing skills, a great touch and works hard.

What a disaster, really feel for the guy.
Dreadful situation for him, the club and the fans.

Awful awful pass. Can't even call that unselfish as it so clearly comes from a lack of confidence, would have been easier to score himself there.

He seems such a likeable guy too, but how much longer before his team mates turn against him for the sake of feeling like theres less chance of winning when he's on the pitch? Its impossible to believe some of them won't think he simply hasn't done the job he's paid for tonight.

I'm not sure its going to come right for him. I can only see him working out at some level if he was playing behind Kane not in front, (that pass not withstanding) he has good passing skills, a great touch and works hard.

What a disaster, really feel for the guy.
Dreadful situation for him, the club and the fans.

Why is he likable, because he kicks goal posts, and swears when he misses sitters? (Ps he kicks goal posts and swears...... A lot)

Roberto comes across as a lovely guy but sadly it just ain't working out for him as a Spurs striker and (even with all those penalties) his strike rate and goal contribution has been woeful in the 2 seasons he's been with us (worse than lazy Ade).

Soldado - 68 appearances (47 starts): 16 goals from 123 shots (13% conversion rate) + 9 assists over 4084 minutes = 163 mins per goal contribution
Adebayor- 41 appearances (36 starts): 17 goals from 78 shots (22% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3216 minutes = 146 mins per goal contribution
Kane - 56 appearances (33 starts): 27 goals from 140 shots (19% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3059 minutes = 96 mins per goal contribution

I've not seen the game, heard the result, just got in and seen this.

Is this for real!? I can't actually believe that has actually happened. Is this some clever vine-shopping tinkletake? Why the fudge would he not shoot there!!? I don't care how bereft of confidence.

Wow fudging wee he really is finished. I'm not even talking about a move, I'm talking fudging retirement!

I'm all for optimism man.... But soldado... Nah he is dead to me.

I tried to sadly like this one, but that option does not exist. I am with you though. I had kept on thinking he just needed a goal - and he got one in the first leg. A striker with confidence would have buried that chance today and only needed Chadli to hug in celebration. And that was the game changer. As well as the two HORRIFIC defensive mistakes.

Reactions: DTA

Is this for real!? I can't actually believe that has actually happened. Is this some clever vine-shopping tinkletake? Why the fudge would he not shoot there!!? I don't care how bereft of confidence.

Wow fudgeing wee he really is finished. I'm not even talking about a move, I'm talking fudgeing retirement!

May actually be his only option

He must have had something...once. But his head has never been right at Spurs. When he's in front of goal with a chance to score he turns into a limp biscuit. Unless he doesn't have time to think, and then he's technically excellent.

He could score 40 goals next season. But not with us.

Wow fudgeing wee he really is finished. I'm not even talking about a move, I'm talking fudgeing retirement!
Here's another angle just to emphasise quite what a gilt edged opportunity it was for us to take the lead in this match

Didn't shoot, didn't make a move to go around the keeper, didn't effectively take him out of the play by sucking him in closer to free up Chadli. Perfectly awful.

He's been timid for a long time, looking for an unselfish (scared) pass rather than looking like a hungry striker.

Didn't shoot, didn't make a move to go around the keeper, didn't effectively take him out of the play by sucking him in closer to free up Chadli. Perfectly awful.

He's been timid for a long time, looking for an unselfish (scared) pass rather than looking like a hungry striker.

That's what I was trying to think of, he has lost the arrogance he had in Spain - he still has the movement, still makes the runs so if he can find it, and GHod knows how he will start to score but sadly I can't see it. Would love to know what AVB did to make him lose it, or maybe a collection of things..meh.

I know we need a spacegoat, but its easier to punish 1 missed chance than than to punish chances not created, what did our the rest of our superstars create??? The idea that Soldado lost us a match over 180mins in 1 moment is laughable. The fact is he is 2nd choice for a reason, and our top striker was left on the bench.

I know we need a spacegoat, but its easier to punish 1 missed chance than than to punish chances not created, what did our the rest of our superstars create??? The idea that Soldado lost us a match over 180mins in 1 moment is laughable. The fact is he is 2nd choice for a reason, and our top striker was left on the bench.

You make it sound like he was unlucky. That miss/failed pass was a DISGRACE. I can't believe a professional footballer, valued at £26m, could mess something up as basic as that. He was given the most presentable chance imaginable and screwed up, very very badly. He spent the remainder of the match hiding behind defenders or making runs away from the 6 yard box to ensure he didn't miss another chance in the box.

If it was me I'd leave him in Italy and tell him to walk home. Absolute zero sympathy for him. Do your job.

Reactions: DTA
Back