• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Oh but at least he scored a worldly against the scum. Soldado is useless.

Michael Owen talks crap. But he had always said he never rated Soldado. On this he was right.

Owen is right about a few things. He certainly knows about strikers. Lets hope this Paul Mitchell can add some proper knowledge to future buys.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Roberto-Soldado-vows-to-repay-fans-faith.html

Even Soldado’s fee – at £26 million – is not as high as it appears, breaking down into £13 million plus a further £13 million if targets and incentives are met.

Wasn't Burt close to AVB
hmm I can admit to being wrong but I am suspicious would seem an unusual way to structure a deal that much being on add ons. I am not sure if I truly believe it, also the telegraph has gone down hill recently.

hmm I can admit to being wrong but I am suspicious would seem an unusual way to structure a deal that much being on add ons. I am not sure if I truly believe it, also the telegraph has gone down hill recently.

At the time of the transfer I remember a lot of posturing regarding the fee, Valencia were if I remember in real trouble financially when we did the deal and wanted to show there fans that they were taking a large fee, to replace Soldado and to pay of debts (they signed Postiga for very little). Anyway, as far as I remember everyone here were saying Levy would drive a hard bargain and would get the price he wanted to pay as he had the player with an agreed contract already waiting to board a flight, Soldado had made up his mind he was coming already but the Valencia board wanted to seem like they were the ones playing hard ball, yet that was Levy. The Valencia board were under pressure to pay of a bank loan too which was in Levy's favour. So IMO the deal was structured in this way, a bit like Madrid saying Bale only cost €60m whilst we called it €100m. That article is about as one on one your likely to get and I doubt they would mislead over the fee paid.

his confidence is well and truly shot..time to wish him luck and move him on IF we can find a buyer.

He cost us a possible CL place yesterday. No doubt about that. We were well and truly in control of the game at that time, and I don't think they would have come back had we taken the lead. He needs to be replaced. I'm sorry but he's had 2 years now, and he has really only got worse. There are no more excuses now.

Didn't shoot, didn't make a move to go around the keeper, didn't effectively take him out of the play by sucking him in closer to free up Chadli. Perfectly awful.

He's been timid for a long time, looking for an unselfish (scared) pass rather than looking like a hungry striker.
Even, following 4 years of being ridiculed for firing blanks whilst at Chelsea, Torres managed to set up Willian in a similar situation at Anfield last season.

Perhaps Roberto should give Fernando a call to ask for some tips should he ever be 2-on-1 against a goalie again. Although I suspect that the best advice Torres could give Soldado is to return to La Liga asap.

I am an optimist and a supporter, but that miss - that double-negative in so far as he bottled taking the shot himself and woefully scuffed the pass - sucked the life out of me as I was watching, and I really feel it sucked the life out of the side. I think they were totally shell-shocked. As someone said to me, when you have a 2 on 1 with the goalkeeper, there are no excuses. I love his effort, I love his heart but I hope this summer he flies free. Look, I still hold out hope he will sign off for us with a massively important goal, but there can be no shadow of an excuse for that woeful passage last night, as well as his disappearing act in the second-half...

I've been thinking about the worse strikers I've ever seen play for us, Paul Mahorn, Rasiak, Andy Booth, but they were always limited, this clown was a star in La Liga, at least the apologists aren't showing their faces tonight, I've been saying for well over a year we should have got rid of him and now we'll get tuppence H'penny for him as my old man would say with that "pass" today.

Big players have to produce at big moments, and he fluffed it again.

He is simply not reliable to have on the pitch. At this stage I would give a kid a go as understudy until the end of the season. No fear and chance to make a mark.

At this stage I would give a kid the Kane understudy role until the end of season.
The carrott of being your chance and having no fear will make them more effective than either Ade or soldado

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Roberto-Soldado-vows-to-repay-fans-faith.html

Even Soldado’s fee – at £26 million – is not as high as it appears, breaking down into £13 million plus a further £13 million if targets and incentives are met.

Wasn't Burt close to AVB

No doubt his wages are tied to goal scoring too. Which makes things a little more palatable. Had we plenty of chances and won the tie we'd right this off as one of the many Soldado misses - low on confidence etc. But it was the only chance, and he has a habit of bottling easy oppotunities.

Wasn't Burt close to AVB

Sorry but I've heard it before from Soldado. I like the guy and am desperate for him to succeed, but we need to cut ties with him now. His confidence is completely shot. I think he needs to move on for his own good too, he may very well go somewhere else and become a success.

All the best to him, but it's time to move on.

Sorry but I've heard it before from Soldado. I like the guy and am desperate for him to succeed, but we need to cut ties with him now. His confidence is completely shot. I think he needs to move on for his own good too, he may very well go somewhere else and become a success.

All the best to him, but it's time to move on.

I think so too, just starting to look so difficult to see a way for him to get back into it.

I think it's been the case for a while. I know media reports are speculative, but I think there was something to us being willing to listen to offers in January. He's a 29 year old that's a rather clear, and ineffective, second choice on significant wages....

So now we spend the rest of the season praying Kane (the guy most of the Booby lovers thought was duff) does not get injured or suspended as we don't have a goal threat from anyone other than Erikson. I'm sure we will have to play Soldudo or Aventgotabuyer in some game but the thought fills me with dread. In all I think we have had a positive season so far and hopefully our manager will be able to convince the powers within the club to invest in players which will fit his plan rather than impress people who just see "names". The major problem for us is getting rid of overpaid non-performers, the club must be brave enough to take a hit on them and ignore any jibes that get thrown at us as they will always be certain people in the media who what to ridicule us. When we get a new stadium we should follow Woolwich's example and pamper the free-loaders from the media and buy their love.

If you check this thread around January 2014 I posted the same as what Im saying now, the guy is the new Fernando Morientes.

He's never looked like a striker that can lead the line. He plays something like Michael Owen for me, never gets into the game but has one chance and puts it away (obviously this was at Valencia not at us).

I really question the people that wanted him, AVB/Baldini. If you look at him physically he's not very strong, he's not very tall, he's not very quick, he's very one footed. I know he's got a big heart and is trying his best but the poor lad needs to be taken to the barn and put out of his misery.

Everytime he gets a goal I think this is it he's gonna turn the corner he can go on a spree now but its always the same he just returns to his normal crap finishing. If there was any doubts about him going this summer last nights game was the final nail in his coffin. That chance last night if it was taken there's no guarantee we would have gone through but Fiorentina would have had to open up more meaning we should have got them on the break again.

If Levy can get anything like 8m-12m for him he's done bloody remarkable!

Back