• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

We have 3 more games coming up against teams that will give us chances
We have to give richarlison at least those games IMO
But… we should still sign a striker
We can’t hope for him to come good
He doesn’t have a track record as a CF to rely on

Pretty much my views also. We need to reinvest some of the Kane money in a CF.

I think a quick mobile CF that is busy moving through the lines and channels is going to work better with our current set up and players. Someone like Salah. Then we can continue our 1-2s from midfield into the penalty box.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Did much better 2nd half.

First half touch was poor, hold up was poor. When he uses he's strength he's a much better instead of seemingly trying to win free kicks. Just take the contact and ride it these refs ain't giving us them sort of decisions.

Got a feeling that we have already identified the spacegoat this season, didn’t take long did it?
A striker that isn't scoring or assisting or looking likely to do either is a spacegoat?

Nah it's just a truthful analysis of what has happened so far.

Can he improve? Yes. Will he improve? Hopefully. But let's not put our heads in the sand and pretend it's not a concern and something that needs working on.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The issue is he isn’t a number 9
He played there for Everton and Brazil as a stop gap
For Brazil it works well because the alternatives aren’t as good
And they generally play weak opposition
For Everton he played CF about 15 times
That’s inexperience in a key role
Son isn’t a CF either bug has gradually played more and more in that role but with Kane as support or lead
We need at least one more option there that we can be comfortable playing
If not, it will cost us
Richy strengths are the hard work and “battering ram” approach
He doesn’t have the finesse of some other players. That means we need to play to his strengths but they may not be the strengths of the team. That’s a worry for me
The falling down on contact bit is a legacy of playing for Everton and Watford where winning free kicks higher up is progress as neither side really ever kept the ball

I think we have to give him till at least xmas. The frontline isnt clicking yet, but seeing the transformation in other area of the pitch, gives me a bit of faith that that will come together too. And like Bissouma and potentially Porro, people will be happily eating their words

I’m wary of overthinking it, not many CF’s around these days, I know they have Haaland now but City won loads without one.

We have a lot of dipper apologists on here, they didn’t have a CF for years, United don’t have one, they are not as important tactically as they used to be, and even when we had the best one on the planet we didn’t use him that way all the time.

I’m wary of overthinking it, not many CF’s around these days, I know they have Haaland now but City won loads without one.

We have a lot of dipper apologists on here, they didn’t have a CF for years, United don’t have one, they are not as important tactically as they used to be, and even when we had the best one on the planet we didn’t use him that way all the time.
Haven’t Man Utd recently spent about £80m on one?

A striker that isn't scoring or assisting or looking likely to do either is a spacegoat?

Nah it's just a truthful analysis of what has happened so far.

Can he improve? Yes. Will he improve? Hopefully. But let's not put our heads in the sand and pretend it's not a concern and something that needs working on.

Writing off a player that hasn't had a run of games in the team and no doubt pointing towards them if we lose is spacegoating, mark my words, when we lose and fail to score he will be blamed and everyone will want him out of the team and sold.

Last edited:
Agree. First half, the ball was coming back off him. As we got on top and just before he came off, the ball was starting to stick and he made one fantastic switch of play. Thought it was a really poor sub to be honest but it worked out well. I’d give Richi some more chances. He was dogbrick first half but good in the second.

My thoughts as well, he has not set the game alight ( so far) but he has talent and i hope we give him the time to produce it. Personally i would like to see Son and him swap places during the game and see how that goes.

Liverpool played 433 they had 3 *strikers*.
Writing off a player that hasn't had a run of games in the team and no doubt pointing towards them if we lose is spacegoating, mark my words, when we lose and fail to score he will be blamed and everyone will want him out of the team and sold.
If we lose a game, fail to score and he still isn't scoring in general then looking at his part in that will probably be a valid approach to take. He is playing as striker at the end of the day. We want him to score goals, we need him to score goals and hopefully he does.

He's going to get the time to prove himself so that side isn't a worry. Now he needs to do it.

Liverpool played 433 they had 3 *strikers*.If we lose a game, fail to score and he still isn't scoring in general then looking at his part in that will probably be a valid approach to take. He is playing as striker at the end of the day. We want him to score goals, we need him to score goals and hopefully he does.

He's going to get the time to prove himself so that side isn't a worry. Now he needs to do it.

not cf's, wide forwards, deep lying forwards

their recent successful years were two wides in mane and the clam, and firminho as a false nine

Back