• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

I know thats what you said, and thats what I answered too. A ROLLING deal is just one year deal after one year deal - so long as everybody is happy. Its up to finish EVERY SEASON and so my points on the unsettled nature stand up just fine IMO.

I do agree he is quite a volatile character, and also that his fluttery eyes to the FA were less than agreeable from a Spurs perspective - but I still think it would be damaging to have him in the job unsure of how his future sits.

As you finish your post - thats much the reason why I suspect Levy is angling to remove Redknapp.

The timing is not ideal in as much as we have just finished 4th (5th, 4th..) but also due to the contract situation the time is precisely NOW to make any changes. Hence Levy is probably trying to find a situation where Redknapp breaks and wants to leave.

I would not have ANY manager on a one year rolling deal. Ever. And I CERTAINLY wouldnt do that with Redknapp as I believe its a cast iron guarantee to not get the best from him.

One year rolling deals can often be structured so that at any point there is one year left, regardless where in the year you are ie at xmas he still has 1 year left.

Regarding what Levy wants, it is slightly puzzling. I dont agree with people that say that Levy is using these meetings with Harry in order to angle for his removal. If Levy wanted him out then he would have fired him. Also had Levy wanted either Marinez, Lambert or Rodgers to replace him then he would have acted rather than risk losing either of those 3 to other clubs....and Levy must know who his preferred choice would be if Harry left tomorrow given that he would have been thinking about this since Capello left the England job.

And keeping harry in the job with Levy watching the transfer policy is a situation would blow up given the players who Harry might want might not fit Levy's vision for the club (ie younger players). So thats not a stable situation

It all makes me think that, as others said, Levy might be on the verge of bringing in a DoF, which Harry would hate....and therefore isnt stable

All in all I find it difficult to believe that the situation is a viable one which could lead to a stable situation and therefore, as Levy wont be leaving, Harry will not be our manager this time next year and probably not by Sept or xmas.

IMO people are getting it wrong when they fixate on whether Levy is a "fan" of the DoF system.

In reality, "DoF" is just shorthand for putting in place a system of buying and selling players that has a long-term element to it. Levy isn't a fan of having a DoF for its own sake - he doesn't necessarily pine for some named individual with an office that has "DoF" written on the door. He simply wants signings that make sense (that have "value") even if the current manager were to leave next week.

For example, if he gave Martinez or Rodgers a 5 year contract, I very much doubt he'd care about having a DoF, because in both those instances those managers would be building for their own future as much as Spurs'. Neither would be likely to want to spunk €25m on a 32 year old, so Levy wouldn't need the protection of a DoF. It's only in the merry-go-round of management when guys like Santini, Jol, Ramos and those guys are in charge that Levy would want someone to protect legacy. Young, talented managers shouldn't be a concern in this regard and a DoF less necessary. Levy could negotiate that as part of a contract with the right man - just tell him that he (Levy) and the board would be acting as "DoF" and will not sanction signings that are too short term. It's a de facto DoF without having a DoF.

Very true. But he hasnt moved for Rodgers, Martines or Lambert when they've all been on the verge of being snapped up over the last month...

All in all I find it difficult to believe that the situation is a viable one which could lead to a stable situation and therefore, as Levy wont be leaving, Harry will not be our manager this time next year and probably not by Sept or xmas.

I dont think we agree on the points, but ultimately reach the same conclusions.

Dont get too hung up on Lambert/Rodgers either. If I were a betting man (while I would prefer Rodgers) I think AVB is the one Levy would want. Conveniently he has just finished agreeing his severance from Chelsea and despite reported interest is still available...

Wow wow wow!!!!! Two weeks after the thread starts, we at last get to the intricacies of a new contract for Harry!
I did try about thirty pages back with a couple of postings but you'll were more interested in having pathetic pops at each other.

One year contracts are for those kind of football managers who either have a love for the club they're working at or have in the past shown loyalty in their careers, like Guardiola at Barcelona and Martinez at Wigan.

Even Harry's most ardent supporters must recognise he's not of that ilk.

No trigger before the next 2-3 years are sorted out first...he's angry but not stupid...plus if Harry jumps then no payout...Martinez or Low for me, Low would be fantastic, perhaps the most progressive big-experience name we could get...I think Martinez would become a ledge! I am fearful that if we don't get him, he could end up at the gooners if/when Wenger goes upstairs...

I dont think we agree on the points, but ultimately reach the same conclusions.

Dont get too hung up on Lambert/Rodgers either. If I were a betting man (while I would prefer Rodgers) I think AVB is the one Levy would want. Conveniently he has just finished agreeing his severance from Chelsea and despite reported interest is still available...

Hmmm, agreeing with you a lot these days Nayim ... AVB would be a Levy appointment for sure, Young, Progressive, Winner, potentially would have a systme/plan to implement with club.

Could be a good match, AVB bringing modern thinking to Spurs, us giving him a chance to rebuid his slightly battered reputation.

Not too sure about Martinez Steff really want to like him, but his win percentage at Wigan is poor. I would prefer Moyes - know I'm going to get shot down for that but imho a great manager and everyone knows his qualities. I think he would get us playing good football. Only thing against him I think is that he has been at everton too long so I wonder if he could make a step upwards to make us top 4 and beyond consistently

Not too sure about Martinez Steff really want to like him, but his win percentage at Wigan is poor. I would prefer Moyes - know I'm going to get shot down for that but imho a great manager and everyone knows his qualities. I think he would get us playing good football. Only thing against him I think is that he has been at everton too long so I wonder if he could make a step upwards to make us top 4 and beyond consistently

really torn on Moyes...agree with what you're saying, and I think he has the ingredients to be a winner, but "something" makes me wonder...would confess my Martinez thing is irrational and based on his ability to switch tactics, his approach to football, the players he'd produced @ Wigan and the promise of what could happen if he were given real tools...if we had a sniff of Low, he and his staff would be the ones for me...

... AVB would be a Levy appointment for sure, Young, Progressive, Winner, potentially would have a systme/plan to implement with club.

Is there a Levy type managerial appointment? It seems to me that he has tried pretty much every approach, style and option.

AVB would be a Levy appointment for sure, Young, Progressive, Winner, potentially would have a systme/plan to implement with club.

Does Levy have a style of manager he likes? What you have said is pretty much the opposite of what Redknapp was when he was appointed.

Hmmm, agreeing with you a lot these days Nayim ... AVB would be a Levy appointment for sure, Young, Progressive, Winner, potentially would have a systme/plan to implement with club.

Could be a good match, AVB bringing modern thinking to Spurs, us giving him a chance to rebuid his slightly battered reputation.

AVB does love a project....

Does Levy have a style of manager he likes? What you have said is pretty much the opposite of what Redknapp was when he was appointed.

I think that pretty much every managerial appointment under Levy has been a reaction to the previous incumbent.

Is there a Levy type managerial appointment? It seems to me that he has tried pretty much every approach, style and option.

No, I think Levy has tried to be progressive, there is a plan, hence the improve the on field results, training facilities, then stadium. Much like I think he has tried to approach buying players in a certain way, young, promising, resale value. Doesn't mean they won't be a Brad or Scott type buy.

Levy has always seemed to have plans for a modern approach, hence the initial try with the DoF system than ended with the Ramos appointment, which is exactly what I described.

Redknapp was a safety card played when it seemed 3-4 good years of work was going to be undone.

It seems that there's one thing we can agree on: Redknapp is the most decisive manager we've had. Oh, this is GG. Maybe we can't agree.

A Levy appointment is one which makes him look like the hero. First thing he did was get rid of Graham and appoint Hoddle. Then his flawless plan to appoint the guy who was going to guide France to the Euro Champsionships.

Then replace the most popular manager in recent years with the guy whose team made us look like amateurs.

The Henry appointment tho was just him putting his hands in the air and saying I give up, bring in Harry to clean this brick up.

based on his performance at chelsea, how could anyone possible want AVB anywhere near the club? what an absolute fudging joke.

Back