• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

What next, criticisms of his pyjamas?

probably sleeps in the nip, the pervert . . .

some people can't accept contrary opinions to their own and any comment on Redknapp (whether a criticism or something said in jest) will get picked up and dragged out in to some pointless debate that has been had a million times before.

some people just need to let it go

i wasn't particularly accusing you of anything Mick btw - just thought that particular post was fairly accurate. and a good post from you there

probably sleeps in the nip, the pervert . . .

some people can't accept contrary opinions to their own and any comment on Redknapp (whether a criticism or something said in jest) will get picked up and dragged out in to some pointless debate that has been had a million times before.

some people just need to let it go

i wasn't particularly accusing you of anything Mick btw - just thought that particular post was fairly accurate. and a good post from you there

quite

particularly as nothing any of us say will make the slightest bit of difference

but it's true - some people on here get so offended with posters who criticize Redknapp that the only way they can cope is to slag them off as idiots who don't know what they're talking about, it's quite funny to watch grown men act this way when they can't convince someone to subscribe to their opinion and then have the audacity to call them immature or whatever - then they go on to name calling and posting 'funny' pictures, you couldn't make it up.

Grown men who have closed minds about anything except what they believe,and it usally means they have lost the plot.

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy is stalling over giving boss Harry Redknapp a new deal.

Redknapp, 65, wants to tear up the remaining 12 months of his current ?ú3million-a-year contract and replace it with a new three-year one which will include a significant pay increase.

But Levy is not keen to offer anything longer than a one-year extension so it looks like the two men will spend the summer in a prolonged tug-of-war.

Levy feels Redknapp was responsible for failing to secure a top-three finish and a guarantee of Champions League football because he was distracted by talk of becoming the next England manager.

But the Redknapp camp insist the target issued by the chairman was a top-four finish and that it was hardly his fault Chelsea became kings of Europe to pip Spurs to the fourth Champions League spot.

That meant the manager and players all lost out on bonus payments directly related to qualifying for EuropeÔÇÖs premier competition.

In spite of heart surgery and a gruelling court case earlier this year, Redknapp remains committed to transforming Tottenham into regular Champions League contenders.

And, deep down, Levy knows he will have to tread carefully because Redknapp remains very popular with the White Hart Lane faithful.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-chairman-Daniel-Levy-stalling-over-deal.html

What is it, third day in a row The Sun has published a similar article backing Redknapp?

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy is stalling over giving boss Harry Redknapp a new deal.

Redknapp, 65, wants to tear up the remaining 12 months of his current £3million-a-year contract and replace it with a new three-year one which will include a significant pay increase.

But Levy is not keen to offer anything longer than a one-year extension so it looks like the two men will spend the summer in a prolonged tug-of-war.

Levy feels Redknapp was responsible for failing to secure a top-three finish and a guarantee of Champions League football because he was distracted by talk of becoming the next England manager.

But the Redknapp camp insist the target issued by the chairman was a top-four finish and that it was hardly his fault Chelsea became kings of Europe to pip Spurs to the fourth Champions League spot.

That meant the manager and players all lost out on bonus payments directly related to qualifying for Europe’s premier competition.

In spite of heart surgery and a gruelling court case earlier this year, Redknapp remains committed to transforming Tottenham into regular Champions League contenders.

And, deep down, Levy knows he will have to tread carefully because Redknapp remains very popular with the White Hart Lane faithful.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-chairman-Daniel-Levy-stalling-over-deal.html

What is it, third day in a row The Sun has published a similar article backing Redknapp?

Lol. It's fudging identical!! Calling in some favours I see. The target wasn't 4th place droopy it was champs league. You were gonna drop us like a bad smell and now you want a longer contract with better terms? And these guys ain't got a clue. I reckon it's 50/50 at best for and against Harry. Levy will do what he wants.

Redknapp, 65, wants to tear up the remaining 12 months of his current ?ú3million-a-year contract and replace it with a new three-year one which will include a significant pay increase.

That meant the manager and players all lost out on bonus payments directly related to qualifying for Europe’s premier competition.

Doesn't Harry sometime have a column in the Sun?

Levy didn't like it when Gooner George tried to manipulate things via his mates in the media, so I'm sure his none too pleased about Henry doing the same.

Lol. It's fudging identical!! Calling in some favours I see. The target wasn't 4th place droopy it was champs league. You were gonna drop us like a bad smell and now you want a longer contract with better terms? And these guys ain't got a clue. I reckon it's 50/50 at best for and against Harry. Levy will do what he wants.

Levy didn't like it when Gooner George tried to manipulate things via his mates in the media, so I'm sure his none too pleased about Henry doing the same.

Couldnt be more obviousl it is a plant could it?

@Dmac

shouldnt this be the death to all things living on earth then? it is for harry. why should it be an acceptable risk for someone else that has not built this squad and gotten CL quater finals to fail on a criteria thats being given to Harry. your basically saying that if Harry doesnt make CL then thats some serious disaster, but if someone else doesnt make it...well then hey ho , no biggie. that just means you dont want our manager here irrespective of the point of must having CL. Your hedging everything on an unknown cause basically we suffered a dip in form for 2 months and Chelsea won the CL...a TWO and half month spell and GHod's luck is the reason we'll never make CL under harry? i dont know personally..we seemed to be doing well first 20 games or so of the season.

Sorry don't have time right now to respond to your whole post, but to be honest you should read my post a little more carefully.

I said clearly the difference is that with Harry we know what we are going to get. Keeping him means no CL next season. The stats and trends over the last 2 seasons back that up. I NEVER SAID that would be "disaster," it's just the fact of the matter. That's as far as Harry can take us. With a new manager, we will appoint someone who we've vetted and think can do a good job, but it's entirely possible that they fail. However, IF they fail, we're no worse off than we were (no CL), if they succeed though, then we've moved forward plus we've found a manager who can stay possibly stay with us long term.

btw what if Woy fudges up at the Euros this summer (looks extremely likely). The press will call for his head and everyone will be wanting Harry and the whole fiasco could fudge up our preseason and start to the season, again.

Sorry don't have time right now to respond to your whole post, but to be honest you should read my post a little more carefully.

I said clearly the difference is that with Harry we know what we are going to get. Keeping him means no CL next season. The stats and trends over the last 2 seasons back that up. I NEVER SAID that would be "disaster," it's just the fact of the matter. That's as far as Harry can take us. With a new manager, we will appoint someone who we've vetted and think can do a good job, but it's entirely possible that they fail. However, IF they fail, we're no worse off than we were (no CL), if they succeed though, then we've moved forward plus we've found a manager who can stay possibly stay with us long term.

btw what if Woy fudges up at the Euros this summer (looks extremely likely). The press will call for his head and everyone will be wanting Harry and the whole fiasco could fudge up our preseason and start to the season, again.

It's not fact of the matter at all mate.

This is a matter of my opinion, but I think we would have strolled into third had the England speculation not started. But in any case we definitely improved on last season. I'm sure when we finished 5th the general opinion was 'Well Harry has taken us backwards, we certainly won't finish top 4 again' but infact we had a great chance of 3rd.

Improvement on Harry would be finishing in the top 3 consistently. Not just one season, because Harry is capable of it in the odd season. Chelsea were terrible this year, but maybe next year Man United fall back closer to the chasing back and we have a good chance of 3rd again. But improvement on Harry is consistently year on year, despite our relative financial constraints and wage structure, finishing above one of Man United, Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea. I don't see any manager, even Mourinho, achieving that.

And what could happen is that we fall further away from the chasing pack if the new man doesn't settle/the players don't take to his system or any one of the other million problems that can face managers. That might allow Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine to over-take us, allow them to establish themselves above us and make it harder to catch up.

I don't believe it is as simple as 'new manager = possible title challenge but if not, we stay exactly where we are'. It just doesn't fit right to me. Sack Harry for constant top 5 and majority top 4 finishes as if he had nothing to do with them whatsoever, because he may not give us a title challenge. Maybe Real should sack Mourinho because they didn't win the CL, and maybe a new manager would do it, but in any case, they'll be no worse off because they are no negative effects of sacking a manager that has brought the club some level of success.

We were title contenders around christmas remember!

Agree that would be absurd giving him a 3 year deal when he was about to leave us. BUt Levy isnt stupid - he'll know that putting Harry on a 3 year is bloody risky given their relationship isnt great...he wont risk having to pay Harry a pile of cash in order to sack him. We should give Harry a 1 year rolling deal - think thats a fair middle ground

And yet its patently NOT what Redknapp wants, and he doesnt strike me as the 'compromise' type

Agree and he clearly doesnt want a 3 year dela for job security purposes. He justs wants it (i) for a kind of insruance policy in case our performances drop off and he gets fired and (ii) in case he doesnt want to be at Spurs any longer, whether due to his relationshpi with DL or the fans or whatever reason, and in which case he can aggitate things and get as mouthy as possible in order to push Levy into firing him

he's hardly impressed the first two games - can see the media getting right on his and the FA's back if we have a poor Euro's - id like to think Redknapp would tell them to fudge off if in that kind of scenario, but who would be confident of that happening ?

let's just hope Hodgson and England have a decent tournament

And yet its patently NOT what Redknapp wants, and he doesnt strike me as the 'compromise' type

Maybe it is not what he wants but his bargaining position has been weakened significantly due to the England mess and Spurs failure to make the CL, the later being rather unfortunate but true none the less. In the plus column he is statistically Spurs most successful manager since Bill.

In saying that I get the impression that Levy is not one to be swayed by emotion or personal relationships. He'll do what he thinks is best for the club. For me keeping Redknapp means stability and most successful (non-bankrolled) clubs do not change their manager willy nilly. Levy needs to back him or get rid. A one year rolling deal means Redknapp will always be thinking short term.

Also, does it mean stability?

Think about that. If the last two seasons are anything to go by it means a lack of consistency, with huge peaks and troughs in form. It means if a better job comes up he WILL have one foot out the door immediately. It means more short term buying, with the squad turning over. It means more poor rotation of the squad, as well as "mish mash" buying...

This are (of the negative) elements of Harrys tenure, do they strike you as stable?

Its getting a lot of press

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...arry-feels-the-heat-at-tottenham-7813449.html

[h=1]Harry feels the heat at Tottenham[/h]
In the week that he might have expected to be taking England to the European Championship, Harry Redknapp is facing an uncertain future at Tottenham. The Spurs manager, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, wants another three years at the club, which the chairman Daniel Levy is reluctant to give him.
It is understood that there is disillusion among some members of the boardroom with Tottenham's disastrous end to the season. Having been denied a Champions' League place by Chelsea's win, Tottenham stand to lose some ?ú30million. That in turn affects transfer plans for the summer and makes them vulnerable to bids for star players like Luka Modric and Gareth Bale.
Redknapp can point out that with one more goal in the April defeats by Norwich or Queens Park Rangers, his team would have finished third and rivals Arsenal would have been demoted to the Europa League.
Tottenham held third place from November until March, a month after Redknapp was installed as short-priced favourite to become the new England manager. He insisted that he was not affected by the speculation, but a run of one win in nine games meant dropping to fourth place.
"Top four, I couldn't be more pleased," Redknapp said before the Chelsea result. "It's been a great season. We've played some fantastic football. We'd love to have finished third, but over the season I don't think you could ask for a lot more than finishing fourth."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/254757/Chelsea-keeping-tabs-on-Harry-Redknapp/?

[h=1]CHELSEA KEEPING TABS ON HARRY REDKNAPP[/h]
CHELSEA are closely monitoring talks between Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and his chairman Daniel Levy.

The Champions League holders have developed a sudden interest in RedknappÔÇÖs future.
Sources say heÔÇÖs a possible stand-by contender if Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich canÔÇÖt lure ex-Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.
Roberto Di Matteo steered Chelsea to FA Cup and Champions League success as interim boss, following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas.
But silence since the end of the season over his future suggests Abramovich is not convinced of his *credentials, despite the Italian, 42, having the backing of certain seniorplayers.
Redknapp, 65, still has a year left on his current deal, but would like a further two years at Spurs.
Sources claim Levy wants to offer just 12 months because he is still frustrated the club threw away a ten-point lead over Arsenal, to miss out on automatic entry to the Champions League.This was while Redknapp was being touted as the next England manager, a situation which so concerned Levy he was willing to offer him a new four-year contract worth ?ú12million to keep the FA at bay.Now Levy is no doubt mulling over thoughts of whether Redknapp is the man to take them forward in the long term.For his part, Redknapp is worried he doesnÔÇÖt have the backing of the board and these talks over the next week will be crucial.

Not saying these are entirely credible at all, but no smoke without fire and all that.

If Levy was sure Harry was an asset he would not hesitate in offering a deal, he has done it countless times with players.

As he hasnt I think there is something to this idea harry wants a long contract and Levy isnt convinced...

Back