• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

No no Rossi, we should be grateful because when he came we had 2 points from 8 games, etc, etc, we've never had it better (sorry, "Tottenham's" never had it better)...I think I might be on the verge of appreciating the days of Doherty, Bunjy and Iversen more than ever; if we'd have "achieved" 4th with that lot after being in 3rd for so long and got bumped by Chelski from the CL, I'd be on my knees praising the manager for squeezing it out of them to that extent. As it is, Luka, Bale, VdV, Ade, Lennon, Parker, Sandro, etc...well, that's quite a nucleus of players...yes mate...nutshell again...

In truth, I can't wait for resolution so as I can stop hearing myself whinge on and on!!!!

Oh My GHod....

i'm actually surprised some people havent come out and said they hope harry gets the sack just so that the next miracle manager should come in and either get automatic CL qualification or fudge up monumentally...which the odds are actually MUCH higher them doing the latter

this is un-believeable.

i actually wrote a blog about this on the old site but its gone, we are officially victims of our own success...and therefore now the equivalent of a moaning arsenal fan that wants wenger out cause they havent WON THE LEAGUE.

its hopeless

Oh My GHod....

i'm actually surprised some people havent come out and said they hope harry gets the sack just so that the next miracle manager should come in and either get automatic CL qualification or fudge up monumentally...which the odds are actually MUCH higher them doing the latter

this is un-believeable.

i actually wrote a blog about this on the old site but its gone, we are officially victims of our own success...and therefore now the equivalent of a moaning arsenal fan that wants wenger out cause they havent WON THE LEAGUE.

its hopeless

So where is the risk? If a new manager fudges up we're not in the CL. We're not anyway. We won't be with Redknapp imo because he's not as good as the mangers at the other top teams, and they will likely improve more than we will this summer.

So we're not going anywhere. Why not change then? If the risk pays off we COULD win the league. I don't see why not. The game is about glory, and excitement and ups and downs. Rather take a risk than stay in the doldrums with Harry and know exactly what is going to happen in the last 4 months of next season when something throws a wrench in the works and Harry blows it again.

Harry just blew out biggest chance imo - it came because Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool didn't have their act together but I'm sure us being in 3rd place for most of the season has given them a scare and now they will use their financial power to either improve or consolidate their position above us.

4th, 5th, 4th seems pretty good to me

Exactly.

We finally have a manager who consistently delivers, and yet some 'fans' want to unsettle that and change for something else?

All this fudging nonsense about us being 13pts clear; completely ignoring the fact that Harry Redknapp was the manager who actually put us 13pts clear. I don't give a flying fudge where we are mid-season, or how many points we have in February - it means fudge all! All that matters, is what you end up with at the end, after all 38 games have been played.

We finished 4th, a point - one fudging point - off 3rd. Still 4th though isn't it, ie: matching the highest we've ever finished in the Premier League. Any other season, and that would've secured us Champions League. And who was the manager to get both top 4 finishes? Ah yes, Harry Redknapp.

For fudge sake, some of you lot reeeeeeeeeeeally need to get over it :rolleyes: Banging some boring, childish drum about 3rd - 'we were 3rd, we were 3rd, WE WERE 3RDZ!' - seriously, take a look at yourselves - no wonder Gooners enjoy tinkling themselves at us.

Take a look at how brick our performance has been in the history of the Premier League before any of you start getting all excited about sacking a manager whose record is: 4th, 5th, 4th. If you can't see that we're moving forward then I seriously worry about some of you.

Exactly.

We finally have a manager who consistently delivers, and yet some 'fans' want to unsettle that and change for something else?

All this fudging nonsense about us being 13pts clear; completely ignoring the fact that Harry Redknapp was the manager who actually put us 13pts clear. I don't give a flying fudge where we are mid-season, or how many points we have in February - it means fudge all! All that matters, is what you end up with at the end, after all 38 games have been played.

We finished 4th, a point - one fudging point - off 3rd. Still 4th though isn't it, ie: matching the highest we've ever finished in the Premier League. Any other season, and that would've secured us Champions League. And who was the manager to get both top 4 finishes? Ah yes, Harry Redknapp.

For fudge sake, some of you lot reeeeeeeeeeeally need to get over it :rolleyes: Banging some boring, childish drum about 3rd - 'we were 3rd, we were 3rd, WE WERE 3RDZ!' - seriously, take a look at yourselves - no wonder Gooners enjoy tinkling themselves at us.

Take a look at how brick our performance has been in the history of the Premier League before any of you start getting all excited about sacking a manager whose record is: 4th, 5th, 4th. If you can't see that we're moving forward then I seriously worry about some of you.

What is even more impressive is that we finished fourth last season when we had our close competitors spending a tonne more than us and competition in the premiership was fiercer.

@Dmac

So where is the risk? If a new manager fudges up we're not in the CL. We're not anyway.

shouldnt this be the death to all things living on earth then? it is for harry. why should it be an acceptable risk for someone else that has not built this squad and gotten CL quater finals to fail on a criteria thats being given to Harry. your basically saying that if Harry doesnt make CL then thats some serious disaster, but if someone else doesnt make it...well then hey ho , no biggie. that just means you dont want our manager here irrespective of the point of must having CL. Your hedging everything on an unknown cause basically we suffered a dip in form for 2 months and Chelsea won the CL...a TWO and half month spell and GHod's luck is the reason we'll never make CL under harry? i dont know personally..we seemed to be doing well first 20 games or so of the season.

We won't be with Redknapp imo because he's not as good as the mangers at the other top teams, and they will likely improve more than we will this summer.

okay now this is a matter of opinion , one that i agree with in terms or wenger and ferguson. but thats it, there isnt anything that you can truly point to to say that someone else with a mean ass squad and resources is better than Harry. unless you're factoring money into the equation in which case we can include city and chelsea? fair enough but then factoring money into the equation AND taking into account two of the best manager-coaches in the world in wenger and fergie...who can you possibly see coming in and showing themselves to be quite frankly one of the best on earth and usurping that lot into automatic CL qualification? you'd have to be better than wenger and ferguson as well as being able to galvanise your players to outperform money hungry but top class talented footballers out there. If you have a guy that you are certain that can do this SIGNIFICANTLY better than Harry then i wouldnt mind knowing

S
o we're not going anywhere. Why not change then? If the risk pays off we COULD win the league. I don't see why not. The game is about glory, and excitement and ups and downs. Rather take a risk than stay in the doldrums with Harry and know exactly what is going to happen in the last 4 months of next season when something throws a wrench in the works and Harry blows it again.

but how do you know we arent going anywhere? aside from a lack of form and confidence from our players in two and half months we could have done some seeerious stuff in this league......and inspite of england dangling the job infront of harry, in spite of his health scare, in spite of the court case, inspite of an unhappy modric, and injuries...we still came 4th. we've actually come 4th twice now in case you've forgotten, the first one was EPIC and the second one was down to rotten form/ confidence and luck.

i really dont understand that part i just quoted, i think it comes back down to..who on earth can usurp wenger and fergie with our financial restrictions and our current squad? you seem to know that we wont go anywhere with Harry (expect 4th that is..twice...a CL quaterfinal......obviously this isnt impressive) but you seem to think that wwe COULD win the league if we sack harry.....who is this manager thats going to do all this?

Harry just blew out biggest chance imo - it came because Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool didn't have their act together but I'm sure us being in 3rd place for most of the season has given them a scare and now they will use their financial power to either improve or consolidate their position above us.

and this potential all time great of a manager that we hire...he's going to overcome these obstacles too i take it? He's obviously got some serious nous cause all the pre emptive strike thats in the quote just above from other teams to give reasons why Harry shouldnt be in charge, I'm taking it it wont matter to the knew guy...he'll just run those walls over, but of course Harry wont? Dont forget that liverpool did in fact flex their financial muscles, arsenal showed some financial teeth but they didnt really get away from us did they.

I would keep Harry, but would sack him if he tried any more dodgy signings (see Jan 2012), for instance if he expressed a desire to sign Rob Green- immediate sacking ;)

I think that completely the opposite is true. There might not have been one team that ran away with the title but the league was a lot more even.

It was even due to a lack of qaulity.

Just look at the playing staffs. Man Utd didnt have a midfield and had to bring a 37 year od Scholes out of retirement. Man U and Emirates Marketing Project both went out of the champions league in the group stage. Then went on to lose to Bilbao and Sporting. Chelsea played no one in the competition until the semi's where backs to the wall anti football fluked the victory. If Barca or Bayern had their shooting boots on it would have been a maasacre.

Look at the UEFA Cup. That is a good barometer of the strength of the teams below the top notch. 3 Spanish teams in the semis, all spanish final.

The mid table in England was total dross. WBA, Stoke etc all appalling teams.

Arsenal got third with a midfiled of Arteta, Rosicky and Benayoun. Awful.

Compare that to Man U with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney up front, English teams providing 3 out four semi finalists in the champions league. Different story this season.

The teams are old and in decline. On the continent there really is a feeling of a complete malaise in english football, both nationally and internationally.

I'd wager that no team has 3 world class players in their line up.

The premier league was weaker than ever last season.

Not sure this follows at all. When we finished 5th twice a few years back, the competition just down from us was:

In 05/06: 6th Blackburn, 7th Saudi Sportswashing Machine, 8th Bolton
06/07: 6th Everton, 7th Bolton, 8th Reading

Now it hardly needs to be said that we blew these clubs out of the water in terms of spending in every department. Even then, it should be noted that we only JUST finished above those clubs in 2006/07. 5 points seperated us in 5th with Reading in 8th. Even the season before, we saw off Blackburn by just 2 points. Now, where are at in 11/12?

5th Saudi Sportswashing Machine, 6th Chelsea, 7th Everton 8th Liverpool

Apart from Everton, where Moyes continues to work wonders, there are clubs with some serious clout in those positions now.

Even further down the table, there is Villa who've really just had a bad one off year under a terrible manager. They had the clout recently to spend 23m on Bent, 10m on N'Zogbia and 8m on Ireland. They should be back top 8 next season under any half decent manager. That is some serious competition just down from the top 4 positions.

Last edited:
arsenal got third with rosicky, arteta and benayoun?

something doesnt sound right there..am sure we're missing someone KEY , plus how many games did yossi play anyway?

then you fail to account for the system they play.

No, I was making the point that they are now weaker. Couple of seasons ago they had Fabregas and Nasri in there. It's just an example of their getting weaker. They brought back a 34 year old Henry they sold 4 seasons because they got so desperate. Kieran Gibbs at left back? Liverpool of 3/4 seasons ago?

The Arsenal system is the same but the playing staff got weaker. Exactly the point I was making to be honest.

[/B]

No, I was making the point that they are now weaker. Couple of seasons ago they had Fabregas and Nasri in there. It's just an example of their getting weaker. They brought back a 34 year old Henry they sold 4 seasons because they got so desperate. Kieran Gibbs at left back? Liverpool of 3/4 seasons ago?

The Arsenal system is the same but the playing staff got weaker. Exactly the point I was making to be honest.
which is why i deleted my post and put 'meh'

not in a disrespecting sort of way, but more in a "he does have apoint and i'd only be arguing tiny details and semantics just for the sake of being right when in truth in general what he is saying as far as arsenal is concerned is kind of true.....meh"

LOL

i just tink that wengers system isnt about the overall quality of a footballer , its about the level you are at in respect to the qualities needed in any given role in his system. so average players for other lower teams can be in a super winning team under him

which is why i deleted my post and put 'meh'

not in a disrespecting sort of way, but more in a "he does have apoint and i'd only be arguing tiny details and semantics just for the sake of being right when in truth in general what he is saying as far as arsenal is concerned is kind of true.....meh"

LOL

i just tink that wengers system isnt about the overall quality of a footballer , its about the level you are at in respect to the qualities needed in any given role in his system. so average players for other lower teams can be in a super winning team under him

I agree totally. The system is paramount to Arsenal's success. When one player is out the sub comes into the same formation without ripping up trees.

That'd be a nice philosophy for us hey 8-[

:ross:

Trouble is some of them are fully grown men in their 30s and 40s

It's making for great entertainment though

Absolute goonerfest

Back