• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Why give him nearly 4 seasons ?

We hear the rumours, The club will not get rid of a manager based on them.

Might be a lot of these rumours are just bs planted by peoople who want Harry out, want people to think something is wrong behind the scenes, because they just don't like him. We had a very similar situation with Keane and Defoe for a while with Defoe lovers bashing Keane at every opportunity, even before his move to scouserland.

If that is the case why have the key players in this system (lone front man, wingers) not been provided more back up? There has been so little stragey to our buying...

I agree, and wish we had a couple of wingers in place that would be able to cover for Bale and Lennon when they were out. All I can say is that Niko for example played well when out there earlier in the season and our fluency and shape didn't really suffer. We have also got results with VDV there. Certainly with Niko we kept going well, until the NLD...so it's a toss up between playing someone like Niko on the right or playing an inferior right winger that we only purchased as back up. Would results continue to be excellent if we had an inferior right winger to cover Lennon's injuries or would it roughly tally with the success we had playing Niko there?

On the system vs freedom debate, one other point I forgot to make earlier is that if you have a set system, if you come up against certain teams you may always struggle, and people can figure you out. Arsenal always struggled against Allardyce's Bolton, and it wasn't because they were the unlucky bogey team, it was because every time, Arsenal would play the Arsenal way, and Bolton would play the Bolton way, and Bolton would usually enjoy the result of the matches more. If you have a regimented system, that can be a problem.

If you have a base system/shape then why the idea of a winger being purchased as backup? Surely they would get plenty of games, especially if of a sufficient standard, and actually increase competition for the position?

As to being stuck against certain opposition, of course it can happen - if you are extremely rigid in how you employ a system.

I prefer the idea of a system being the building blocks of how you play, the foundation - not the be all/end all.

If you have a "base" system then you can overlay a few different instructions to vary your play slightly. Sit deeper against a certain team, while holding a similar structure. Press higher against others...

Its the start point, not the end for me.

Eh? you critcise Redknapp for playing a natural AM on the wing and suggest he should have instead played a natural AM on the wing?

If HR set some people who post on here with a night in bed with Charlize Theron

they would complain that it wasn't Angelina Jolie

and if he gave them both, they would want Susan Boyle

If HR set some people who post on here with a night in bed with Charlize Theron

they would complain that it wasn't Angelina Jolie

and if he gave them both, they would want Susan Boyle

Except in reality what would happen is that he'd tell the press how he was able to set us up with Theron/Jolie, put us in bed with Boyle, and then tell us we should be grateful as we're so ugly we shouldn't be doing any better than his dog Rosie.

Except in reality what would happen is that he'd tell the press how he was able to set us up with Theron/Jolie, put us in bed with Boyle, and then tell us we should be grateful as we're so ugly we shouldn't be doing any better than his dog Rosie.

:ross: =D>

new contract or levy has to find someone else.....the club is in limbo

The season has just ended give them a few more weeks to sort it out. Being in limbo isn't exactly hurting Chelsea at the moment, spending 70+ on players and still no sign of getting a new manager in.

4pm and Harry is still our manager. I think I'm gonna have to resign myself to the fact that he will be here next season.

fudging superb! And bang in the money.

a journo on the radio was saying that some members of the board have huge reservations about retaining Redknapp, however there is no way Levy will sack him even though Levy is also unwilling to offer a longer term deal.

Redknapp will be allowed to leave if another club comes in and pays whatever compo is in his contract. If this doesnt happen then Redknapp will have to be happy with the deal he is on which expires next summer.

Past three seasons he's only delivered CL football once. That's just not good enough with this squad of players.

Even worse limbo if he stays (either Hodgson loses first 2 autumn WC qualifiers and he's gone, or we get final season collapse a la United in 01/02)

4pm and Harry is still our manager. I think I'm gonna have to resign myself to the fact that he will be here next season.

Could be an overnight jobbie like the Ramos to Redknapp switch [-o<

Would lessen the press backlash (would be old news by the time of Sundays papers, plus everyone is on holiday this weekend, there's the Jubilee stuff etc).

We have never had it so good \o/

and your response proves the accuracy of my post.

anyway, speak for yourself,I happen to be bloody good looking.

Back