• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Maribor

LLoris 4 Not settled in yet, need games. Not helped by the defender on this one.

Walker 5 Not great, not a lot going forward.

Vertonghen 6 No problem

Dawson 6 Solid tonight, good passing aswell when he keeps it on the floor

Naughton 4 Clumsy

Huddlestone 6 Better passing, more mobile. Suited to the European games whereas he struggles with the pace in the premierleague.

Carroll 7 Very very interesting, good workrate, never stops. Good passing aswell and direct.

Lennon 5 Good defending and thats about it. Should have done better on many occasions.

Bale 8 Splendid

Defoe 9 Perfect

Adebayor 5 Frustrating, he adds a lot to the team but should have scored one or two tonight. Should shoot instead of wanting to pass all the time.

Lloris 5

Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 5

Lennon 6
Hudd 7
Carroll 7.5
Bale 8.5

Defoe 8
Ade 7

Lloris 5

Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 5

Lennon 6
Hudd 7
Carroll 7.5
Bale 8.5

Defoe 8
Ade 7

Agree with this.

Bale simply MoM - brilliant wing play and fantastic crosses.

Lennon was good defensively but not a threat going forward - his link up play with Walker remains poor. Almost all our threats came down the left. It seems to me that as soon as his man gets booked, Lennon stops running at him. Why?

Lloris was at fault for the goal (along with Naughton) but I think he needs a run of games to establish himself. The rotation of goalkeepers is not helpful (see Clemence and Shilton). AVB should pick one and stick with him for about 6 games. If Lloris is to be the future, then he needs to start him now for a run of games.

Hudd and Carroll were good in midfield but it was against a poor Moribor team who gave them lots of time and space to pick their passes.

AVB - started with 2 up front at home against a poorer team. Thank GHod! Perhaps he will stick with this template in future home games against the lesser sides. It brought back a bit of the old Spurs and got the crowd excited. A total transformation from Wigan. And that is why you dont take Defoe off when you need a goal. Simple.

LLoris 4 Not settled in yet, need games. Not helped by the defender on this one.

Vertonghen 6 No problem

Naughton 4 Clumsy

Huddlestone 6 Better passing, more mobile. Suited to the European games whereas he struggles with the pace in the premierleague.

Carroll 7 Very very interesting, good workrate, never stops. Good passing aswell and direct.

Lennon 5 Good defending and thats about it. Should have done better on many occasions.

Bale 8 Splendid

Defoe 9 Perfect

Adebayor 5 Frustrating, he adds a lot to the team but should have scored one or two tonight. Should shoot instead of wanting to pass all the time.

If Defoe was perfect , should he not get 10 ?

Thought bale lennon and carrol were stand out performers plus Defoe obv doing the business in front of goal.

LLoris 5 - Unlucky to have been put under unneceassary pressure but should still have dealt with it. Made one good save and it was good to see him rush out to kill off threats. Distribution looks dodgy at times
Walker 6 - Did okay overall but still gets caught dangerously out of position on occasion
Vertonghen 7 - A reassuring presence at the back most, looks so comfortable on the ball and working it out of defence
Dawson 7 - two or three surprisingly accurate long cross-field balls out to Bale, plus solid at the back
Naughton 5 - marked down for that atrocious pass back, looks prone to getting caught in tight spots, but some good defensive work also
Lennon 7 - things did not go for him going forward tonight but his overall contribution was excellent imo
Huddlestone 6 - far too much of a Jekyll and Hyde atm, he can look so lost when the opposition are attacking, but some top quality passing going forward compensates
Carroll 7 - cannot help wondering about his slight frame against tougher opposition but tonight he put in a glittering midfield display.
Bale 8 - what a performance! Unbelievable the number of crosses he put in tonight, a little more accuracy and we'd have slaughtered 'em
Adebayor 6 - still finding his way back to full match sharpness on tonight;s showing, but the signs are there
Defoe 8 - three superb strikes says it all

Subs on too late to mark.

Bale was simply sensational..Defoe was the ultimate scorer..Ade was elegant and was involved with every outfield player..Dawson was solid and completely stuffed the dopey "hoofer" comments down ignorant people's throats with accurate short and especially long passes..Verts smooth as silk..Naughton was clever but got a wake up call..Walker was pretty good and began to look more confident in the later stages..Lennon was dangerous yet still got in some good defensive work...Hudd TACKLED, HEADED, great passing..but still room for improvement. Very, very impressed by Carroll..I liked his tackling against big guys..he got in a cracking tackle in the Wigan game, too. Hugo..will not be selected for the City game..Dempsey put himself about and helped the cause

Lloris - 5. Howler, bit of dodgy distribution, but love the way he commands the area.

Walker - 6. Didn't have too much to do defensively, and got forward ok.
Dawson - 7. Good to see him back. Thought he done well.
Vertonghen - 7. Looked so comfortable.
Naughton - 5. Didn't look comfortable to me. Also noticed several occasions he was completely open and our players didn't pass to him - odd.

Lennon - 6. Mixed bag really. One occasion when he should've taken the shot but passed was disappointing.
Hudd' - 6. Some lovely passing, but also some misplaced. Apart from that done well I thought.
Carroll - 7. Very impressed. If he gets the opportunity I think he'll do very well for us.
Bale - 8. Best I've seen from him for a while. Possibly as he was running from deeper as opposed to being further up the pitch.

Adebayor - 7. Held the ball up brilliantly on several occasions. Just wish he was a better finisher.
Defoe - 8. Movement was excellent. Finishing was excellent. All you want from a striker really.

Lloris - 5 - Really should have done better with Naughtons horrid back pass, thought his distribution wasn't as good as previous games but did catch things and was off his line to catch out through balls at times which I do like to see. We do need to start seeing him more in the Premier League though.

Walker - 6.5 - Not much wrong today, although it IS against Maribor, Emirates Marketing Project at the weekend will be a much bigger test. We also played 4-4-2 today which Walker was used to playing last year, I doubt it'll effect HIS performances but there could lie the key to his form.

Dawson - 7 - Great in the air isn't he. Some nice long diagonals to Bale but I'd rather we played some nice ground passing football, solid though.

Vertonghen - 7 - Also solid, the guy just oozes class, gets the ball plays it simple, wins in the air and I think he is so much better at centre half, can't wait for him to be moved back there permanently.

Naughton - 5 - GHod knows what was going through his head with the back pass, probably due to the fact he is right footed playing left back I don't know, should have either played it off the Maribor player to win a throw or just kicked it out when in doubt, but he was pretty solid down the left.

Lennon - 7 - Thought he was a constant threat, his pace caused problem after problem, cliché but his final ball let him down today, sometimes needs to cross early, release quicker and seriously start shooting.

Huddlestone - 7 - Also a solid performance from Hudd, looked comfortable today, but it's also no surprise when Maribors midfield was pretty non-existant but not taking anything away from his performance, delicious passing and his corners in my opinion weren't that bad.

Carroll - 7.5 - Thought he fit in very well, the midfield two reminded me of a Hudd/Modric-lite partnership from a few years back which was key in gettng us fourth place. I don't think he's good enough yet to earn himself a place in our Prem line up for ever, but I don't think it'll be unfair to give him a crack against Emirates Marketing Project at the weekend, he'll be up for it.

Bale - 8.5 - Constant threat, stuck to the left, beat his man numerous times, put danegrous ball after dangerous ball in and it's the Bale we all love to see, I think he works best in 4-4-2 than 4-3-3 or whatever we play at the moment and today showed, head and shoulders technically than any other play we have.

Adebayor - 7 - Thought he was great, it was good to see him back, touch, play it out and move, it's simple yet we've msised it pretty much all seaosn, I hope his performance today earns him a place in the line up against City, he's always up for games against his old club and he could be a vital piece to our puzzle.

Defoe - 10 - Don't see how anyone can't get anything but a 10 for a hattrick. He was brilliant. His finishing was typical Defoe, he has looked real good under AVB and back starting alongside Adebayor, back in 4-4-2 and he goes and gets a hattrick.

Lloris - 6 - silly error, read a few through balls well - needs games

Walker - 6 - ok
Verts - 6.5 - little to do
Dawson - 6.5 - a few decent headers
Naughton - 6 - at fault for the goals but otherwise solid

Bale - 8 - constant threat
Lennon - 6.5 - a few missed opportunities
Hudd - 7 - knocked some good balls, looked inspired
Carroll - 7 - impressed on his European debut

Defoe - 8 - grabbed a hattrick
Ade - 7 - great link-up play, unlucky not to score

Vertonghen 6 No problem

Naughton 4 Clumsy

Bale 8 Splendid

Defoe 9 Perfect

you gave lloris a 4?

i misjudged you ,...... slightly anyway lol. not that i should be judging at all if you'll forgive me

i actually think he deserves a 6

Adebayor - 7 - Thought he was great, it was good to see him back, touch, play it out and move, it's simple yet we've msised it pretty much all seaosn, I hope his performance today earns him a place in the line up against City, he's always up for games against his old club and he could be a vital piece to our puzzle.

This

It's so good to watch the ball go into the final 3rd and actually stick and lay it off and bring midfielders into play etc.. He changes the whole attacking dynamic of the team.. Loved having him back!

Lloris - 6 - silly error, read a few through balls well - needs games

Walker - 6 - ok
Verts - 6.5 - little to do
Dawson - 6.5 - a few decent headers
Naughton - 6 - at fault for the goals but otherwise solid

Bale - 8 - constant threat
Lennon - 6.5 - a few missed opportunities
Hudd - 7 - knocked some good balls, looked inspired
Carroll - 7 - impressed on his European debut

Defoe - 8 - grabbed a hattrick
Ade - 7 - great link-up play, unlucky not to score

He played plenty of European games for us last season