• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Leeds

Of course! Look at his positioning for the second goal! He is just not up to the level required anymore, which is totally normal because he is 41 now.

We dropped points at the start of the season, and I am not saying we would have won with LLoris but who knows. We need to stop making it difficult for ourselves and play the good players.

Go tell that to Alex Ferguson.

He never rotates his team. Oh no.

And even if he did, what does he know about football anyway?

Push and Run and Pirate 55 agreeing with each other-no surprise.. Obika written off by P and R on his debut shock horror.

IMO Parker's first minute fudge up that gifted Leeds with 3 minutes of unnecessary pressure set the tone. He and Verts lost us this game, Naughton was disappointing. So was Siggy.

I saw Ledley's first game for the club at Anfield.

Over the subsequent years, I saw him make plenty of mistakes - most notably in the 2002 League Cup final. It was to be expected from a young centre back.

I also saw Campbell make his debut and saw loads of mistakes from him too.

I'm not saying that Caulker will be as good as either of them - and certainly Ledley, in particular, always had an aura of sheer class about him - but it's crazy to write him off so young. The kid has been on a steep learning curve. Give him time to show whether or not he has what it takes to be a worthy successor.

The pundits on ESPN said the goal was down to Verts not Caulker.

I have just got in from the game and I must agree with those posters who said it was a poor overall performance from the team.

Freidel -6 I wish he could have narrowed the angle for both goals, but two good saves kept us in it.

Naughton, Caulker, Vertonghen, Lennon, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, (S) Dembele, (S) Obika, (S) Walker all -5, not their best performances for us.

BAE -6 slowly getting his mojo back?

Bale -6.5 great swivel and turn, along with the cross for the goal.

Parker -6.5 worked his socks off, taken out of the game on more than one occasion.

Dempsey -6.5 I am afraid that he can't lead the line on his own, but scored a great goal, to give us a bit of hope.*

* Which is why I agree with those posters who say that we needed someone who could hold the ball up and who knows where the goal is!

AVB -6.5, hamstrung by the available personnel, but should have started with Dawson, to give us a bit of leadership at the back.

he is, and he will be a great player so long as he learns from days like today...

He needs days like today to improve. I have a weird criticism of him and that's he is almost too safe. Certainly not a bad thing being so young but I often think 'no you didn't need to punt it up the pitch' or put it out for a throw. That will happen with time I guess. I miss Ledley

brick all round. everyone's entitled to an off day i suppose. just have to learn from it & pick themselves up. onwards & upwards and all that.

Push and Run and Pirate 55 agreeing with each other-no surprise.. Obika written off by P and R on his debut shock horror.

IMO Parker's first minute fudge up that gifted Leeds with 3 minutes of unnecessary pressure set the tone. He and Verts lost us this game, Naughton was disappointing. So was Siggy.

Parker and Verts lost us the game? Please can you go into more detail as to how?

Amazing the critisism of Friedel in here where the culprits for the goals were our defence.

Very very strange indeed. The first goal he positioned himself correctly, but the player curled it around him with this right foot from a left sided angle. In the second half Friedel was faced with an almost identical situation and saved it at his near post because the player also took a right footed shot from the right sided angle. Anyone expecting or demanding a keeper to save a one on one is an absolute fool. A good finish will beat the keeper ten times out of ten, regardless of what the keeper does.

On a positive note, Im so glad Dempsey has shovel my critisism of him down my throat, looking a good buy now!

Just hope Siggy recaptures some form and lives up to what i expect of him!

Back