• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Leeds

Only just turned 21 - a baby in terms of central defenders. He's way ahead of most others his age. Plenty of time to mature, to iron out the mistakes and to develop a keener appreciation of the game as a whole and, more specifically, where the greatest threat lies.

Whether he makes that progress is another matter.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. At this age he's bound to have the odd bad game, it's to be expected. We're lucky to have him at the club and we should support him.

No really, but a little less *kids throwing toys out of pram baby screaming* would've been refreshing.

But we're Spurs. It's what we do.

One defeat and we are on the way to the Blue Square. One win and we are Champions of Europe. Surely you know that by now? :lol:

But we're Spurs. It's what we do.

One defeat and we are on the way to the Blue Square. One win and we are Champions of Europe. Surely you know that by now? :lol:

..oh of course :lol:

I normally get upset when we lose, but to be honest The FA Cup no longer holds any interest for me. Twas different when I was a lad back in the 60's.

It's the league for me now...and nowt else matters.

Keep knee jerking peeps..:-"

..oh of course :lol:

I normally get upset when we lose, but to be honest The FA Cup no longer holds any interest for me. Twas different when I was a lad back in the 60's.

It's the league for me now...and nowt else matters.

Keep knee jerking peeps..:-"

It really pains me to read that. Remember how important the FA Cup used to be? And for people our age to now adopt this opinion is a terrible shame. It was so much better before Sky and the Premiership, wasn't it?

It really pains me to read that. Remember how important the FA Cup used to be? And for people our age to now adopt this opinion is a terrible shame. It was so much better before Sky and the Premiership, wasn't it?

It was better when there was less football on television. The market has been saturated and people don't care as much anymore outside their own team and the big matches. The cups are little more than a distraction at times. It might help if they televised fewer all prem clashes.

It was better when there was less football on television. The market has been saturated and people don't care as much anymore outside their own team and the big matches. The cups are little more than a distraction at times. It might help if they televised fewer all prem clashes.

=D>

Crawley.

I remember when the FA Cup final was virtually the only game shown live on UK TV. A full day of fun was there to be had. Celebrity snooker with 2 players from opposing finalists...a BIG section on suit design...hours of fun it was ! Then, if your team was lucky enough to win the thing it was off to the European Cup Winners Cup knockout compy....weird looking back now how much fun I derived from those heady days..

It's one of things that irritates me when fans of other clubs say that, barring a couple of seasons in the distant past, Spurs have only ever won a bunch cups.

What they forget is that, back in the day, winning the FA Cup was universally considered to be every bit as prestigious as winning the First Division title.

I think less football should be available freely to everyone. Online PPV services are the future.

Crawley.

I remember when the FA Cup final was virtually the only game shown live on UK TV. A full day of fun was there to be had. Celebrity snooker with 2 players from opposing finalists...a BIG section on suit design...hours of fun it was ! Then, if your team was lucky enough to win the thing it was off to the European Cup Winners Cup knockout compy....weird looking back now how much fun I derived from those heady days..

And we would sit glued to the telly watching Cup final Its a knockout, FFS!!

In 81, Emirates Marketing Project stayed at a hotel in Surrey near me, so we went down there and abused the hell out of them as they got on the coach, then jumped on the trains and tubes and abused them again at Wembley. Wonderful days!!

...good GHod, I just remembered summat staggering.

I used to go to bed not even knowing the results of some spurs games. That was a *read all about it, buy the Sun..sit on the bus reading the reports*

Enough old farts talk.

ps I hate the interwebs

I think his performances have deteriorated as the season goes on, TBH. He looked pretty good when he played earlier, but admittedly doesn't look anywhere near now.

Still think there's hope. Is LK coaching him? He should be.

I think he's a hider. He's never actually done anything i've ever thought was that good and tbh i think his partner (whoever he's played with) seems to take the brunt of the blame when we concede or when we play bad. He's meant to be a ball playing cb but i haven't seen any evidence of that. It's a bit scary when he's played this much for us and swansea and i still can't tell what type of CB he is.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. At this age he's bound to have the odd bad game, it's to be expected. We're lucky to have him at the club and we should support him.

I saw Ledley's first game for the club at Anfield.

Over the subsequent years, I saw him make plenty of mistakes - most notably in the 2002 League Cup final. It was to be expected from a young centre back.

I also saw Campbell make his debut and saw loads of mistakes from him too.

I'm not saying that Caulker will be as good as either of them - and certainly Ledley, in particular, always had an aura of sheer class about him - but it's crazy to write him off so young. The kid has been on a steep learning curve. Give him time to show whether or not he has what it takes to be a worthy successor.

I think with a ratings thread so soon after a game which was one of our worst in a long time was always going to be extra harsh. People will post things that by tomorrow they would look at and think were silly or at the very least OTT.

People have been saying the carling cup and fa cup have lost their appeal for a long time now. I think when the top teams played weaker teams more frequently it has had a big effect and clearly the CL has become the big prize making these games inconveniences. How many polls have we had on this where you had a choice of 4th or 5th with a cup win and the latter doesnt end up with many votes.

I saw Ledley's first game for the club at Anfield.

Over the subsequent years, I saw him make plenty of mistakes - most notably in the 2002 League Cup final. It was to be expected from a young centre back.

I also saw Campbell make his debut and saw loads of mistakes from him too.

I'm not saying that Caulker will be as good as either of them - and certainly Ledley, in particular, always had an aura of sheer class about him - but it's crazy to write him off so young. The kid has been on a steep learning curve. Give him time to show whether or not he has what it takes to be a worthy successor.

Nobody is writing him off...he could well turn out good but i'm judging him right now (not what he could become in the future). When people throughout the season kept talking about how good he's been..that's when i just think 'wtf'. There's something about him that is instantly forgettable (which is probably why he rarely gets criticism on here). Personally i think he's our 4th choice CB (5th when Kaboul gets back).

Benny's a boss. Dat ball to Obika
gocho.gif

Back