• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Everton (poll added)

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xPexfsdz0qx66JANf9tnegSLt7MnUEkNfgS0OCFt-ns/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

9 - Mason, Bentaleb, Kane, Soldado, Eriksen, Fazio, Verts
8 - Lloris, Davies, Lennon
7 - Chiriches, Dier, Paulinho
6 - Lamela

Re: Ratings vs Everton

(Awaiting Milo's edit and poll)

6 - Lamela

Looks about right. Plus and 8 or 9 for Poch for the formation and selection

Thought Chiriches was better than Davies considering he had more to do.

Lloris 8
Chiriches 8
Vertonghen 8
Fazio 8.5
Davies 7.5
Bentaleb 9
Mason 8.5
Lennon 8
Eriksen 8.5
Kane 9
Soldado 8

Lamela 5

Thought Chiriches was better than Davies considering he had more to do.

Chiriches had the assistance of Lennon, keeping Baines very quiet. Eriksen didn't do much defensively and Davies was still very solid. Best game for us so far.

Gutter Boy said:
6 - Lamela

Would make a few changes to that

Top group for me - Kane, Bentaleb, Soldado Eriksen, Vert, Lennon
Good performance - Lloris, Davies, Fazio
Could improve - Vlad, Dier (both not FB's, so excused a little)

Observations

- Vocal from both Lennon & Soldado, trying to tell players where to play the ball, when to move, etc. (orders from Poch?)
- Mason played well, but seemed a touch off with his passing today
- Eriksen starting to look like the threat he was at the end of last season

Well done to Poch, better setup, much better organization without ball, better passing (a lot on the deck), better tempo.

Mason/Bentaleb still need to be a touch more aggressive with passing, couple of times Lennon and/or Soldado made early runs and we chose the safe/slower pass.

Minus that underhit back pass I thought Chirches was impressive,in fact each one of the back 4 had their best games of the season so far today....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Chiriches is less of a liability on the back, that's for sure, but still managed to **** up a couple of times. Didn't do too bad overall though, I thought. Davies did really well. Vertonghen finally looked like the player he was for us in his first season, bossed it in defense today. Fazio looked steady next to him. Mason was a bit off today, I thought, but worked really hard, and did a good job defensively. Eriksen was great alongside Bentaleb, who played a great game as well. Hope he's going to get a run in the side now. Lennon good on the side, worked really well defensively as well. Soldado looked a bit off, but really glad for him that he scored, a really well taken goal. Kane was excellent, as usual. His work rate is just phenomenal. My man of the match, just in front of Eriksen, Bentaleb and Verts. :)

I though Davies had his best game in a Spurs shirt today. Very happy all round, a very good team performance. The only change that I would make for Chelsea is Naughton for Chiriches and apart from one howler, I thought Chiriches played well today.

Best performance of the season. And it's been coming. All we needed to do was iron out the silly defensive mistakes and we'd be onto something like this.

Lloris - 7 - No chance with the goal, but good at claiming the crosses and a few decent stops.

Chiriches - 6 - A few needless fouls, but generally did well against Mirallas and Baines and was a decent outlet going forward

Fazio - 8 - And THAT, is why replaced Dawson. Won everything in the air, lots of good blocks and interceptions, Everton hardly had a sniff. Loses a mark for the handball at the end that to be fair, would have cost us the game if the ref had seen it.

Vertonghen - 8 - Best performance from him in at least 18 months. Very solid and carried the ball out of defence well. Acted like the Ledley to Fazio's Dawson.

Davies - 8 - Really pleasing performance from him. Got forward well, kept Coleman and Eto'o quiet, great all round game.

Bentaleb - 7 - Impressive. Moved the ball around well, very composed in possession and put in a good defensive shift too. Like a young Carrick today.

Mason - 8 - If Bentaleb was like a young Carrick, Mason was like a young Modric. Some really good passing, good on the ball in tight spaces and transitioned the play from defensive areas to attacking ones quickly and effectively.

Eriksen - 8 - And to complete the midfield trio, Eriksen was like Van Der Vaart today. Really nice touches on the ball, some decent through balls and an important equaliser to cap it all off. We'll never get inside his head to know if he definitely meant to hit the ball like that for the goal, but if he did then that should go down as one of the goals of the season as that's an absolutely exquisite finish. But he may have just mis-hit it, we'll never know.

Lennon - 8 - Back to his best. Did well to help out Chiriches who was up against a very difficult left hand side in Mirallas and Baines, but his speed on the counter attack was devastating, especially when setting up the winner.

Soldado - 7 - Looked like same old Soldado at first, but then a well taken goal and suddenly he's the man again and his confidence appeared to be coming back. Absolutely has to follow it up with another goal in the next game or two otherwise the momentum is gone.

Kane - 8 - I have never really rated Kane as anything more than a guy who seems to get in the right place at he right time, but he was outstanding today and didn't even score. You can tell he's full of confidence, was driving forward at the Everton defence, drawing defenders towards him, freeing up space for team mates, working spaces for shots....excellent performance.

Subs:

Lamela - 5 - Good defensive shift, but gives the ball away so often it does my ****ing head in.

Dier - 7 - Reasonably solid when he came on.

Paulinho - N/A - Nearly played a good pass. Still think he's a completely pointless player.

Poch - 9 - A fantastic day at the office where it all just seemed to work. Crisp, one touch passing. Transitioning from defence to attack quickly. Pressing high up the pitch and turning it into goals. Much better in defence. This was a big result against a team that finished above us last season that play good football, yet for all their possession they created approximately **** all apart from the odd long ranger. The players look hungry for success, the balance was there in the side, the rotation of the squad and timing of the substitutions all worked well (though I'd have brought on Dembele instead of Paulinho personally). Big result, big performance. Now Poch will have some very difficult decisions to make for Wednesday...

Loris 7 - no realistic chance with Miralla's wonder strike, otherwise quick off his line, good takes, decent distribution

Chiches 6 - some good work down the flank including a couple of excellent long-range balls into box for Soldado to run onto but often gave ball away too easily; couple of clumsy tackles, conceded dangerous fk on edge of box first half; generally relied too much on Lennon for cover when caught out of position

Fazio 8 - solid all afternoon, lost count of headed clearances, do not agree the handball was a pen, how the hell are you supposed to get your arm out of the way at point-blank range when jumping high for the ball?

Verts 8 - at last signs that the player we saw in his first reason is showing up again. So many great interceptions and runs, candidate for MotM

Davies 8 - his most impressive display for us to date, loads of excellent tackles and interceptions plus some decent crosses going forward, Rose now has a fight on his hands to win his place back

Lennon 8 - great to see him getting back to his busy-busy best, worked hard defensively and in midfield though chances to go forward were limited; excellent lay-off assist to Soldado for first goal

Bentaleb 8 - excellent performance all round, along with Eriksen and Mason lots of involvement and hard graft, provided anchor in front of back four

Mason 8 - his lofted balls over the top were sometimes a little over-ambitious but overall grafted well and provided a great springboard for our attacks

Eriksen 8 - MotM for me, just shading it ahead of Kane, Mason and Vertonghen. Love the way he combines his deft skills with hard graft to create openings and launch attacks; deserved his slightly fortuitous goal

Kane 8 - several great runs and excellent link-play that ultimately yielded big goals for Soldado and Eriksen. Hoddle called it right, among his talents is he his rare ability to pause in possession around the box, allowing him to assess his options and create telling openings

Soldado 7 - at last, a superbly taken chance! Decent contribution overall though marred by tendency to lose-out too easily in 50-50 contests

Subs

Dier 6

Paulinho 6

Lamela 6

Pochetino 8 - extracted a real team performance at last from a bunch of individuals. Now needs to ensure it's replicated it at Stamford bridge on Wednesday

Chiriches had the assistance of Lennon, keeping Baines very quiet. Eriksen didn't do much defensively and Davies was still very solid. Best game for us so far.

Funny, I thought he he put in a very good shift defensively, supported Davies when needed and won his share of tackles. It was a very impressive all-round performance from Eriksen today my Motm.

Funny, I thought he he put in a very good shift defensively, supported Davies when needed and won his share of tackles. It was a very impressive all-round performance from Eriksen today my Motm.

I agree

Lloris 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goal.

Chiriches 6 - I'm being kind IMO giving him a 6, can't believe he's getting 7's and 8's! Poor positional play, suicidal pass that would have led to a goal if not for Lloris' lightning pace, dives in far too often including for the free kick just before the goal.
Fazio 8 - Same mark for him and Vertonghen, commanding performances from both.
Vertonghen 8 - As above.
Davies 7 - Decent.

Lennon 8 - Good assist. A flashback to the Lennon of old.
Bentaleb 7 - Solid display.
Mason 7 - Decent.
Eriksen 8 - Looked dangerous going forward again.

Kane 8 - Brilliant closing down that led to the 2nd goal.
Soldado 7 - Took his goal really well, I thought he would miss it.

Thought generally everyone had a great game apart from Chiriches. I've always backed him and thought he had something in him, but in reality he is just far too much of a liabilty.

Eriksen MOTM for me with Kane a close second.

I thought he didnt at the ground but on tv they highlighted that he had. It's the little things you miss with the pace of the game.

Lloris - 7

Chiriches - 7
Fazio - 8
Vert - 8
Davies - 6

Mason - 6
Bentaleb - 7

Lennon - 8
Kane - 8
Eriksen - 8

Soldado - 7

Subs:

Lamela - 5
Dier - 6
Paulinho - 6

I reckon Lloris earned a 9 purely on the back of that save where he rushed off his line like a gazzelle to save at the feet of Coleman (coupled with a couple of catches to take the heat out of Everton's attacks late on when were coming under a bit of pressure). A classic example of how a world class gk can be the difference between 3 points and 1 point.

Back