• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Everton (poll added)

Lloris 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goal.

Chiriches 6 - I'm being kind IMO giving him a 6, can't believe he's getting 7's and 8's! Poor positional play, suicidal pass that would have led to a goal if not for Lloris' lightning pace, dives in far too often including for the free kick just before the goal.
Fazio 8 - Same mark for him and Vertonghen, commanding performances from both.
Vertonghen 8 - As above.
Davies 7 - Decent.

Lennon 8 - Good assist. A flashback to the Lennon of old.
Bentaleb 7 - Solid display.
Mason 7 - Decent.
Eriksen 8 - Looked dangerous going forward again.

Kane 8 - Brilliant closing down that led to the 2nd goal.
Soldado 7 - Took his goal really well, I thought he would miss it.

Sorry but I think you're being ridiculously harsh on him, there is no way he was anything less than a 7/10....

Sorry but I think you're being ridiculously harsh on him, there is no way he was anything less than a 7/10....

Gave away the free kick for the goal which ultimately led to the goal. Soldado gets his share of the blame too, but it was a silly free kick to give away in the first place.

Dived in 3 times in the first 15 minutes alone.

Played an awful hospital pass to Lloris that would have led to a certain goal if not for Lloris's incredible speed.

Poor positional play in the first half, didn't get tight enough to Mirallas.

He improved in the 2nd half but was poor in the first half so there's no chance he deserves more than a 6 in my opinion.

Gave away the free kick for the goal which ultimately led to the goal. Soldado gets his share of the blame too, but it was a silly free kick to give away in the first place.

Played an awful hospital pass to Lloris that would have led to a certain goal if not for Lloris's incredible speed.

He improved in the 2nd half but was poor in the first half so there's no chance he deserves more than a 6 in my opinion.

This. Plus more than his share of loose passes, especially first half.

Also at least once in the first half he just stood and watched Baines marauding down the wing, leaving Lennon with no choice but to cover for him.

I guess I just see things differntly to you, I thought he defended well on plenty of occassions and the only real negative that stood out for me was that hospital pass. He was really good with some of his quick passes and attacking play, the guy has some serious skill and as was commented on by Neville we were really strong on the right in the first half and he had a big influence on that.....

I guess I just see things differntly to you, I thought he defended well on plenty of occassions and the only real negative that stood out for me was that hospital pass. He was really good with some of his quick passes and attacking play, the guy has some serious skill and as was commented on by Neville we were really strong on the right in the first half and he had a big influence on that.....

You see that's the whole problem for me. Some fans like/rate him because he is silky and a typical Tottenham player in that respect. He can't defend. He takes too many risks and his positional play leaves a lot to be desired. He reminds me a lot of David Luiz, but with less talent.

You see that's the whole problem for me. Some fans like/rate him because he is silky and a typical Tottenham player in that respect. He can't defend. He takes too many risks and his positional play leaves a lot to be desired. He reminds me a lot of David Luiz, but with less talent.
I thought that apart from the hospital pass to Lloris he defended quite well yesterday. He was our weakest starting player but it was a huge improvement on 90% of the games he has played for us.

Not for me Jurgen, if I thought he couldnt defend I wouldnt rate him - I saw enough of him last season to know he can defend, he just needs to learn when he can take risks and when not to. He reminds me of David Luiz, but I think he's actually a better defender. But I know we will always disagree on this guy, but I like him being back up RB to Walker (I think its the ideal position for him at the moment to get his confidence back up) , and also be happy for him to be the deputy CB for Verts and Dier deputy for Fazio....

He was up against Mirallas and Baines, then Osman (I think?) and Baines with Lamela ahead of him. If it was true that he couldn't defend I really think the outcome down that flank would have been a lot worse than it actually was.

Mason getting high marks even though he kept giving the ball away and sliding in recklessly, vlad plays one tame ball back and gave away a free kick and he gets 6's.

I thought that apart from the hospital pass to Lloris he defended quite well yesterday. He was our weakest starting player but it was a huge improvement on 90% of the games he has played for us.

He was partly at fault for the goal along with Soldado IMO. He didn't get tight enough to Mirallas in general, improved in the 2nd half but still too much of a liability.

Mason getting high marks even though he kept giving the ball away and sliding in recklessly, vlad plays one tame ball back and gave away a free kick and he gets 6's.

I dont recollect Mason giving the ball away much? The only thing that both frustrated and surprised me about his performance was that Lennon kept making some good runs in behind and Mason kept refusing to play him in,even though the pass was on. I thought (and still do) that he was forward thinking enough to play such passes.....

He was partly at fault for the goal along with Soldado IMO. He didn't get tight enough to Mirallas in general, improved in the 2nd half but still too much of a liability.
He gave away a free kick but if we want to attribute blame for the goal we should be looking towards Mason who headed the ball away tamely and then turned his back on the shot.

He gave away a free kick but if we want to attribute blame for the goal we should be looking towards Mason who headed the ball away tamely and then turned his back on the shot.

That's harsh on Mason. The free kick was struck with some force IIRC. That poor header doesn't come to light if Chiriches doesn't needlessly foul Mirallas.

Chiriches took a while to get going, but I'm assuming it is not his natural position. However he looks a million times better at RB than he does at CB, and is much less of a liability when going forward simply because of the nature of the position. Together with Lennon and whichever CM happened to be inside him, he played some really nice quick passing triangles and early passes forward.

I've been horrified by some of his CB performances and slated him accordingly, but I'm pleasantly surprised by his performance at RB. Maybe it helps having the line as reference positionally.

I was also pleased to see Eriksen put in a shift. Plenty of people have said he couldn't hack it in the middle defensively, and is more lightweight than Modric, but I think he is perfectly capable of playing CM, given the opportunity. He might take a while to get completely comfortable with it, but he put in couple of quite spiteful tackles on Sunday, including a nice professional foul, which suggests he knows how to do a job there. And Modric took a bit of time to grow into that role -and didn't offer the same goal threat Eriksen does.

My notes on Chiriches during match:

First half

0.15 Chiriches misplaced pass

5.20 Chiriches decent interception

6.20 Chiriches beaten by Baines' dribble

9.55 Chiriches flashy backheel puts Soldado under pressure

11.00 Chiriches good run down the flank but cross is overhit

12.20 Chiriches half-decent cross collected by keeper

13.09 Chiriches clumsy barge/ tackle on Mirallas on corner of box - concedes unnecessary fk in dangerous area

16.50 Chiriches caught out of position - Lennon covers

18.10 Chiriches suicide backpass which Loris does well to collect

30.45 Chiriches poor clearance

31.20 Chiriches out of position, Lennon covers

43.12 Chiriches good interception

44.15 Chiriches poor cross straight to Everton keeper

Second half

50.00 Chiriches poor long forward pass

51.40 Chiriches excellent long ball over the top into path of Soldado who fails to collect

52.42 Chiriches good interception

54.55 Chiriches poor cross despite having space and time

54.55 Chiriches concedes fk and booking for clumsy foul on Mirallas

63.00 Chiriches wayward cross behind goal

68.50 Chiriches injured, is applauded off :eek:, subbed by Dier.

1.Great to see us defend as a team. There were opportunities for Everton, but we looked so much more solid overall. In a big part because we played a high line. In previous games we've tried to close the ball while the back 4 dropped off, which leaves far too much space. The team also worked hard together defending from the front.

2. Passing. Never mind two touch passing, there was a fair bit of one touch first time pass and move. It came off and it was awesome.

3. Kane's drive. Eriksen's skill.

Those were the key things for me.

Back