• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Everton (poll added)

He was up against Mirallas and Baines, then Osman (I think?) and Baines with Lamela ahead of him. If it was true that he couldn't defend I really think the outcome down that flank would have been a lot worse than it actually was.

I don't think that's true. Titus Bramble was a poor defender but I'm sure he had good games, even the odd clean sheet. I'm not saying Chiriches is that bad but you get my point. He didn't do everything wrong, but he did more things wrong than right.

I don't think that's true. Titus Bramble was a poor defender but I'm sure he had good games, even the odd clean sheet. I'm not saying Chiriches is that bad but you get my point. He didn't do everything wrong, but he did more things wrong than right.

Really?

Defensively yes. I don't understand what he did to deserve people rating him a 7 or an 8, Is it because he's so bad that he was just better than normal? I suppose it helps that we won. I honestly don't remember many tackles he got right. His positional play in the first half was poor, didn't get tight enough to Mirallas. Perhaps you can tell me what he did do right?

Defensively yes. I don't understand what he did to deserve people rating him a 7 or an 8, Is it because he's so bad that he was just better than normal? I suppose it helps that we won. I honestly don't remember many tackles he got right. His positional play in the first half was poor, didn't get tight enough to Mirallas. Perhaps you can tell me what he did do right?

You really think that he did more wrong that right during the game?

You really think that he did more wrong that right during the game?

Yeah I honestly do. Perhaps you can advise me on the things he did do right. What did you make of his positioning? What did you make of the multiple times he dived in when he could have easily stayed on his feet?

Yeah I honestly do. Perhaps you can advise me on the things he did do right. What did you make of his positioning? What did you make of the multiple times he dived in when he could have easily stayed on his feet?
If he was that bad, presumably Everton created lots of goalscoring opportunities down his side. I'd also assume that Fazio and Bentaleb had to keep covering for his mistakes.

If he was that bad, presumably Everton created lots of goalscoring opportunities down his side. I'd also assume that Fazio and Bentaleb had to keep covering for his mistakes.

It doesn't necessarily mean he played well because lots of goal scoring opportunities were not created. They actually had a lot of the ball down his side but their end product was crap and they didn't create much in general. Lloris had to cover for one big mistake. Mirallas had a bad game IMO despite that wonder goal. Baines's crossing was also sub par by his standards. Just because you are not punished for mistakes doesn't mean you have played well.

It doesn't necessarily mean he played well because lots of goal scoring opportunities were not created. They actually had a lot of the ball down his side but their end product was crap and they didn't create much in general. Lloris had to cover for one big mistake. Mirallas had a bad game IMO despite that wonder goal. Baines's crossing was also sub par by his standards. Just because you are not punished for mistakes doesn't mean you have played well.

One thing he did do very well was cross the ball. Chriches needs to teach Walker how to cross as a right back

He do however bomb on a lot and leave Lennon to cover, but that was clearly part of Lennons job

My view on Chiriches performance on Sunday was that it was a hairs-breadth away from being another of his disasterous performances, however this time he managed to get away with the ridiculous risks which he took. One in the first half springs to mind when our defence had the ball and being pressured and rather than just clear it he passed to a deep lying CM (Bentaleb I think) when that CM was marked. If the Everton player marking our CM had of nicked in front of him he'd have been through.

There was also that time towards the end of the first half where he had the ball very wide right on the half way line and rather than pass the ball simply he did a step over and passed hte ball with his trailling foot - decent piece of skill but you want your defenders doing the simple things and not taking risks

It these sort of things which in my view prevents him from ever being a top class defender - there will be too many times when these risks backfire. Can he cut them out? Am sure he's been told to by managers but its probably in his nature now

My view on Chiriches performance on Sunday was that it was a hairs-breadth away from being another of his disasterous performances, however this time he managed to get away with the ridiculous risks which he took. One in the first half springs to mind when our defence had the ball and being pressured and rather than just clear it he passed to a deep lying CM (Bentaleb I think) when that CM was marked. If the Everton player marking our CM had of nicked in front of him he'd have been through.

There was also that time towards the end of the first half where he had the ball very wide right on the half way line and rather than pass the ball simply he did a step over and passed hte ball with his trailling foot - decent piece of skill but you want your defenders doing the simple things and not taking risks

It these sort of things which in my view prevents him from ever being a top class defender - there will be too many times when these risks backfire. Can he cut them out? Am sure he's been told to by managers but its probably in his nature now

There's no doubt he has talent, but he really does do some brainless things sometimes. Remember a few weeks ago when he was on international duty with Romania and he booted the ball in a teammate's face in training who was standing about a yard away?! I still don't know what he was trying to achieve with that.

8 - Kane (MoTM), Eriksen, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies
7 - Bentaleb, Mason, Soldado, Lennon, Lloris
6 - Chiriches, Dier, Lamela, Paulinho

8 - Pochettino

One thing he did do very well was cross the ball. Chriches needs to teach Walker how to cross as a right back

He do however bomb on a lot and leave Lennon to cover, but that was clearly part of Lennons job

They may have looked good but not one was met by a Spurs forward. Two were overhit, another was half decent but was too easy for the keeper in the end and a mi5hit fourth was prevented from going out of play by Howard down by the near post.

For me Davies is much the better crosser and imo it was he who produced probably the best cross of the game, a superb floater into the centre around the 54th minute that Soldado unfortunately failed to get sufficient contact onto with his flick-on to threaten the goal.

Kane - 9

Eriksen, Bentaleb, Mason, Fazio, Vertonghen, - 8

Soldado, Davies, Lennon, Lloris - 7

Chiriches, Lamela, Paulinho, Dier - 6

Pochettino - 9

Home support - 8 (Loved their reaction to going a goal down)

Back