• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Liverpool

Utter **** the whole lot not knee jerk at all but I think AVB must go out style of play has been ****ing dire for some time now, no more Bale to let us off the hook

Ratings wise Walker, Chadli slightly above average

Holtby did average the rest a shower of rat ****

Lloris - 6 - Some decent saves, but struggled at claiming balls and his kicking is dog****

Walker - 6 - Ok I suppose, was covering for slower defenders on the high line a lot

Dawson - 3 - Sorry, but he's not good enough. Too slow, gets regularly twisted up by skilled dribblers, and his forward passes/hoofs of the ball are awful to watch.

Capoue - 3 - Not a CB. But still shockingly bad.

Naughton - 2 - Like a rabbit in the headlights. Not good enough at RB so why does anyone think he can play LB without a left foot?

Sandro - 5 - Wasn't doing much

Dembele - 4 - Offered very little

Paulinho - 3 - The new Jenas

Lennon - 4 - Got into the right positions but no end product

Chadli - 4 - Created some half chances, but still very poor. Missed a free header from a corner. I don't know what's a bigger joke, the fact that we signed a winger who can't cross or beat a man in the first place, or that after dog**** performances week after week we keep playing him.

Soldado - 5 - Got involved in some of the play, but missed a good chance and nothing came off for him.

Subs:

Holtby - 6 - Tried to make things happen. A few nice balls but nothing specacular.

Fryers - 4 - Slightly less **** than Naughton. Having a left footer helped.

Townsend - 5 - Negligible contribution

AVB - 0 - I've had plenty of tactical rants at AVB after poor results, but this was the worst of the lot. This was a game we had to win. A draw wasn't good enough. The starting XI we played was as if we were defending a lead in a two legged encounter and we wanted to only lose by one goal or something. Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen...these guys are our most creative players and he left them all out of the starting XI (yes I know Eriksen wasn't fit). You want to win games, you need creativity. You want to control things in the middle of the park, you need players who can pass and move the ball. He started a **** RB at LB even though he doesn't have a left foot and has proven time and time again that he can't play in this position, despite having an actual LB available for selection, an error that he had to waste a substitution to fix. He played a high line with a slow central defensive partnership against a fast and tricky attack. He started Nacer ****ing Chadli. He left Chadli on the pitch for 90 minutes.

An utterly dreadful performance, it was like the darkest days of the 90s again. We shouldn't be losing 5-0 at home to anyone, ever. And the scoreline flattered us, it could have been 10. The only positive? That Levy will now have no option left but to sack AVB now instead of this shower of **** repeating itself.

Chadli - 4 - Created some half chances, but still very poor. Missed a free header from a corner. I don't know what's a bigger joke, the fact that we signed a winger who can't cross or beat a man in the first place, or that after dog**** performances week after week we keep playing him.

so more people see what i see!

Lloris (it would have been much worse without him), Walker, Holtby the only ones who can walk out of that game with any credit.

For what's it's worth, it looked like it hurt Lloris and Holtby the most, not sure about the others.

Not quite the dark days of the 90s, but 5-0 at home to anyone is not acceptable and AVB has to take the blame for that.

Lloris 6.5 Spurs MoM
Walker 5
Dawson 4
Capoue 4
Naughton 2
Sandro 5
Dembele 3
Lennon 5
Paulinho 4
Chadli 6
Soldado 6

Fryers 4
Holtby 5
Townsend 5

What can can I say about that performance that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan, it looked bomb out and depleted.

No one deserves more than a 5.

LLoris 5 - awful off his line, flapped like penguin, still managed a few decent saves
Walker 5 - best defender first half, too many mistakes second
Capoue 4 - worrying the way he blamed team mates
Dawson 3 - okay I admit it, he's no longer up to it
Naughton 2 - there can be no excuse for such ineptitude
Lennon 3 - blind alleys
Paulinho 0 - only one possible explanation - he's totally knackered
Dembele 4 - whatever belief he once had, he's totally lost it
Sandro 3 - was he even fit enough to start?
Chadli 6 - was nothing special but all around him were so awful it made him stand out
Soldado 5 - first half he looked half decent, lost the will to live second

Subs

Fryers 5 - did his best
Holtby 4 - strange how good he can be one week and rubbish the next
Townsend 4 - where the hell has his early season form gone?

AVB 0 - his misconceived high-line tactics were 100% to blame for today's annihilation

I cannot believe nobody is not screaming with anger in this thread

I wasnt angry at the time of the game, so much as I was hurt.

Now that hurt has transcended into I couldnt give a flying **** what happens as im bored of it all, the football, AVB, the players and the performances. No feel good factor and I cant imagine the players (who contributed also to this defeat) also feeling the same. Its a lack of motivation

It appears that our Europa League team is stronger than our first team, the midfield today was so leaden footed and slow of thought. I'd rather have Scott Parker back than Paulinho, and that is saying something.

Lloris - 6. Tried his hardest to keep the score down. Made a few errors (horrible header straight to Suarez being one of them) but generally recovered from them quickly.

Walker - 5. Flanagan outclassed him today. Our best defender, but that is still an embarassment.
Capoue - 4.5. Being played out of position so he gets a bonus. Was woeful, though.
Dawson - 1.5. Utterly awful. Was bullied in the air and ripped apart on the ground. That's what happens when you play a standard 'blood and guts' English defender in a high line, I suppose.
Naughton - 1. Sterling barely even knew he was there, breezing into our box on the left with ridiculous ease. Made a lot of individual mistakes as well, compounding his worst ever display for us.

Sandro - 5.5. Hope he isn't injured badly, was somewhat decent.
Dembele - 2. He appears to have a ketamine habit, as evidenced by his dopey, confused, utterly lazy display today. We replaced Modric with Moussa. Sigh.

Lennon - 3. Tried his hardest, and was one of our most dangerous forward players, although that is somewhat like saying Frodo was the tallest Hobbit.
Paulinho - 0.5. Was useless in the first 45, was hopeless in the second 45, and got sent off for a stupid tackle. Hard to think of a worse midfield display from a 17 million pound player.
Chadli - 2.5, His crossing was abectly poor, although he's not supposed to be the one providing width on the left in the first place, so it's hard to blame him.

Soldado - 4. Tried his very hardest, dropping very deep to receive the ball and helping out in defence. Poor guy.

AVB- 1. Dismal team selection, dismal substitutions and dismal response to going 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, and then 5-0 down without a single reply. Has learned nothing from the City game. Deeply saddening, but the end is approaching for him, it seems.

Levy - 2.5. We sold Elvis and bought the Inner City Posse. Liverpool kept their best player and he seems to be playing fine. None of that 'head turned, never the same again' bullsh*t from Luis Suarez. Or Rooney. Or Modric after we first rejected his move in 2011. Perhaps it would have been the same with Bale. Something to consider, perhaps.

I am truly saddened by the anti Dawson comments. I read recently Mertesacker saying he does not like players running at him especially with his back to goal. So Arsenal put Flamini and Arteta in front of him. This allows Mertesacker to do what he does best defend in the box. Every game we put Dawson in a position where he is being run at with his back to goal yards from goal. Then we are surprised when this system does not work and we call him ****. We defended poorly as a team today everyone was to blame.

Lloris - 4

Walker - 3
Dawson - 2
Capoue - 2
Naughton - 0

Sandro - 2
Dembele - 2
Paulinho - 1

Lennon - 3
Chadli - 4

Soldado - 3

Holtby - 4
Townsend - 3
Fryers - 3

I am truly saddened by the anti Dawson comments. I read recently Mertesacker saying he does not like players running at him especially with his back to goal. So Arsenal put Flamini and Arteta in front of him. This allows Mertesacker to do what he does best defend in the box. Every game we put Dawson in a position where he is being run at with his back to goal yards from goal. Then we are surprised when this system does not work and we call him ****. We defended poorly as a team today everyone was to blame.

Dawson is awful mate. We're not going to play 3 DM so dawson isnt exposed. Championship player or low premierleague club.

It says it all that Lloris is getting highest marks despite having possible howler of the season had Suarez finished that sitter

Back