• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings V Basil

Friedel - 6
Naughton - 6
Gallas - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Ekotto - 5
Lennon - 5
Parker - 6
Dembele - 5
Holtby - 5
Bale - 6
Adebayor - 6

Sigurdsson - 5
Dempsey - 6
Dawson - 6

I just hope Bale is alright. We have seen this season and last season that when Lennon is out our form dips badly. If Bale and Lennon are out then the season is all but over for us.

AVB - 0

I've lost the faith - truth is we've been winging it most of the season, relying on Bale.

The Europa league obsession but yet loan out half our players and bring no others in. Mad.

They were just flat out better than us. A more technically gifted team than us. Better organized. Superior in every respect. To be honest, I'd have been embarrassed to celebrate if we'd nicked a winner. Then Bale... stretching for a tackle... a minute from the end... while playing at left back... because an over the hill Gallas has, surprise surprise, done his calf again.

You couldn't make it up.

Southampton have impressed me more in their recent games than any of ours at all this season.

tonight it was spurs faulty as opposed to basil

(apologies if that gag has been done, not read the whole thread)

Gallas, Ekotto, Parker were shameful tonight and should never play for Spurs again. That is the worst left back performance I have ever seen.
Our only player who played well tonight was Dembele, the rest rubbish, and the 3 at the top were worse!!!!

Difficult game to mark, our forwards were never at the races our midfield were outclassed and our defence were like a boxer on the ropes need to think about this one, I thought Basel were excellent.

Difficult game to mark, our forwards were never at the races our midfield were outclassed and our defence were like a boxer on the ropes need to think about this one, I thought Basel were excellent.

Best opponents we've played this season IMO. They looked like us on a good day.

Friedel 6 A couple of nice saves but he doesnt fill me in with confidence

Naughton 5 Not amazing defensively but a couple of good efforts on target

Vertonghen 4 Struggled with pacey basle forwards

Gallas 4 Just too old, too slow

Assou ekotto 3 Couldnt pass ball to a team mate and always a yard behind winger

Parker 4 WHAT A MISS, gets stuck in but its always a bit messy with him, cant pass

Dembele 5 We couldnt keep the ball so he cant have had that good a game but he was solid in challenges

Siggy 5 Gets away with the goal but nothing apart from that

Holtby 4 Bad, cant really take his man on, doesnt really cross, passing isnt great, cant shoot... Hmmm maybe he needs a goal and we'll have a new player

Bale 5 Spent most game defending, looks tired

Adebayor 6 Scored, thats what he needs, goals. But never on the end of long balls or key passes, meaning movement is poor

Dawson 4 All over the place

Dempsey 4 Oh dear

Basel were brilliant. Not sure if this is how they are or this was a one off worldly performance but they were awesome. We are going to get fudging smashed in Switzerland.

Friedel 6 A couple of nice saves but he doesnt fill me in with confidence

Naughton 5 Not amazing defensively but a couple of good efforts on target

Vertonghen 4 Struggled with pacey basle forwards

Gallas 4 Just too old, too slow

Assou ekotto 3 Couldnt pass ball to a team mate and always a yard behind winger

Parker 4 WHAT A MISS, gets stuck in but its always a bit messy with him, cant pass

Dembele 5 We couldnt keep the ball so he cant have had that good a game but he was solid in challenges

Siggy 5 Gets away with the goal but nothing apart from that

Holtby 4 Bad, cant really take his man on, doesnt really cross, passing isnt great, cant shoot... Hmmm maybe he needs a goal and we'll have a new player

Bale 5 Spent most game defending, looks tired

Adebayor 6 Scored, thats what he needs, goals. But never on the end of long balls or key passes, meaning movement is poor

Dawson 4 All over the place

Dempsey 4 Oh dear

Partkers shot was on target, Holtby deflected it away.

Basel were brilliant. Not sure if this is how they are or this was a one off worldly performance but they were awesome. We are going to get fudging smashed in Switzerland.

I think we should defend a lot deeper and try to get a goal on the break, if Lennon and Bale are out I just can't see it happening, it's time for Siggy, Holtby and Dempsey to step up, play Dempsey on the Left and Siggy in the hole and park the bus.

Friedel played as well as you could expect.

Naughton at fault for a goal, but played well. Has a better footballing brain than Walker, but he's a bit too apprehensive at times. Unlucky not to score.

Gallas not as bad as the haters make out. Dawson made at least to grave errors that we were lucky not to concede from, but apparently he was our best defender.

Vertonghen - actually our best defender tonight, but not at his best.

BAE also not that bad. Got forward well in 1st half. We properly went to brick when he was taken off. For me, his presence made the team better.

Lennon not involved and injured early on.

Parker. Bit of an enigma at times. He's always storming into situations, but it's fifty-fifty whether he'll win the ball or make everything worse by just deflecting it to a better placed opponent. Less pirouettes tonight at least.

Dembele was our best player tonight.

Holtby our second best. Always running, trying to create. I get why Dempsey came on as there was a lot of room to run in centrally, but it should have been someone else going off.

Bale was somewhere between average and bad. Tries too much on his own when a simple pass is open to him.

Ade - really good first half, some passes and flick ons that we can only dream of when Defoe plays. Not as involved after the break.

4 - BAE, Gallas, Dawson, Dempsey, Fans
5 - Naughton, Vertonghen, Parker, Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, Freidel, AVB
6 - Dembele, Sigurdsson, Holtby

8 - Basel

I was extremely disappointed with our overall play tonight and I wonder what team will take to the field on Sunday?

Best opponents we've played this season IMO. They looked like us on a good day.

They were very quick, organised and passed well. Not characteristics I'd associate with man premier league teams and definitely one of the best performances I've seen generally this season

As is said to my mate who I go to the games with... Thank GHod Our next opponents do not have pace like that.

Friedel - 6 - Couple of standard stops, couldn't do anything about the goals

Naughton - 5 - Dodgy at the back, unlucky not to score with a great shot but other than that offered very little going forward

Gallas - 2 - Shouldn't have played, should never play for us again. As I said during the OMT, it's not like he's a wiley old fox using his experience to compensate for his ageing body, he's erratic and careless at the back.

Vertonghen - 4 - Some very careless mistakes

Assou-Ekotto - 4 - Got raped at the back.

Lennon - 5 - Didn't offer much before he was taken off.

Parker - 5 - Worked hard but several misplaced passes

Dembele - 6 - Very good first half, poor in the second

Holtby - 5 - Worked hard, but didn't look comfortable playing out wide and took two pathetic corners

Bale - 5 - Didn't get into the game at all

Adebayor - 7 - Worked far harder than usual and scored a well taken goal, but was isolated

Subs:

Sigurdsson - 7 - Some very good passes and a great goal too. Good performance.

Dawson - 5 - Meh

Dempsey - 4 - Hardly touched the ball

AVB - 1 - Wow. Just wow. Why on earth did Gallas start? Why on earth did we play the high line with him and Friedel in the side? BAE was having a poor game, but as we were already playing without real width it seemed very strange to take him off. However, the worst mistake was yet to come. And this is the one I absolutely cannot forgive. I've often criticised AVB for being indecisive and waiting too long to make substitutions, but I thought that everyone over the age of 8 years old knew that you shouldn't use all three subs with half an hour left to play. What the flying fudge was the point of the Dempsey for Holtby sub? Holtby wasn't having his best game but he was far from being a liability on the pitch at the time, and seeing as he hasn't played that much lately he'd have been more fresh and wouldn't have needed resting. Was the decision justified in any way? No, Dempsey was crap, we hardly strung two passes together after the sub. Oh, and two players predictably went off injured and we ended with 9 men. This kind of decision is completely unacceptable in my book, I would say it multiplies whatever rating the manager should have got by zero, but I don't think it's fair to give a manager who had his team come back from two goals down to earn a draw a zero. Can't give him much higher though.

I think today showed that without Sandro our defence isn't sturdy enough to cope with playing a high-line with players like Parker going awol.

How often were Basel running into space in front of our back four leaving them with a stick-or-twitst dilemma (i.e. do we come out and close down or hang back)..

Friedel - 6
Naughton - 5.5 tentative at the back first half but became more solid as the game went on
Gallas - 3 awful; on his last legs
Vertonghen - 4 poor, especially the poor back-pass to Dawson that nearly lead to a third goal
BAE - 4 poor tackling technique; another one of thoe games when his devil-may-care attitude bites him and us
Lennon - N/A (Get well soon[-o<)
Parker - 5, another example of an England mf who cannot stay disciplined and hold their position, unlucky with the miss but left our cbs exposed far too often
Dembele - 6; I'm sure he's missing Sandro as much as our defence; too often doesn't spot the key final ball but good dribbling
Holtby - 5.5; didn't think he was as good as other are making out here; totally understood the sub for Dempsey
Bale - 5.5 (Get well soon[-o<)
Ade - 6.5; GHod effort all round, good that he scored but he is feeding off scraps; Dembele missed a glorious opportunity to play him in after one of his dribbles in the first half; indicative of his supply he's having this year compared to last

Siggy - 7; good effort for goal and one of the few who can spot and play a decent through-ball (e.g. the ball that lead to Parker's unfortunate miss)
Dawson - 5
Dempsey - 5 (Basel starved us of the ball when he came on)

Will be tough next week, but we need to play our first choice back 4 to stand a chance imo

At least a spirited fightback - COYS

Friedel - 6 - Couple of standard stops, couldn't do anything about the goals

Naughton - 5 - Dodgy at the back, unlucky not to score with a great shot but other than that offered very little going forward

Gallas - 2 - Shouldn't have played, should never play for us again. As I said during the OMT, it's not like he's a wiley old fox using his experience to compensate for his ageing body, he's erratic and careless at the back.

Vertonghen - 4 - Some very careless mistakes

Assou-Ekotto - 4 - Got raped at the back.

Lennon - 5 - Didn't offer much before he was taken off.

Parker - 5 - Worked hard but several misplaced passes

Dembele - 6 - Very good first half, poor in the second

Holtby - 5 - Worked hard, but didn't look comfortable playing out wide and took two pathetic corners

Bale - 5 - Didn't get into the game at all

Adebayor - 7 - Worked far harder than usual and scored a well taken goal, but was isolated

Subs:

Sigurdsson - 7 - Some very good passes and a great goal too. Good performance.

Dawson - 5 - Meh

Dempsey - 4 - Hardly touched the ball

AVB - 1 - Wow. Just wow. Why on earth did Gallas start? Why on earth did we play the high line with him and Friedel in the side? BAE was having a poor game, but as we were already playing without real width it seemed very strange to take him off. However, the worst mistake was yet to come. And this is the one I absolutely cannot forgive. I've often criticised AVB for being indecisive and waiting too long to make substitutions, but I thought that everyone over the age of 8 years old knew that you shouldn't use all three subs with half an hour left to play. What the flying fudge was the point of the Dempsey for Holtby sub? Holtby wasn't having his best game but he was far from being a liability on the pitch at the time, and seeing as he hasn't played that much lately he'd have been more fresh and wouldn't have needed resting. Was the decision justified in any way? No, Dempsey was crap, we hardly strung two passes together after the sub. Oh, and two players predictably went off injured and we ended with 9 men. This kind of decision is completely unacceptable in my book, I would say it multiplies whatever rating the manager should have got by zero, but I don't think it's fair to give a manager who had his team come back from two goals down to earn a draw a zero. Can't give him much higher though.

Oh yeah, because that can never EVER come off well can it? You're obsession with finding some fault about AVB to maon about has reached a new low...

Oh yeah, because that can never EVER come off well can it? You're obsession with finding some fault about AVB to maon about has reached a new low...

I've praised AVB when he's got things right. This was as far away from one of those times as I can remember. Just because you can get away with it sometimes doesn't mean it's not a reckless and idiotic strategy.

If you had a two-inch **** and went up to a girl, dropped your pants, showed her your bonor and said "what are we going to do about this eh?" raising your eyebrows in a pervy manner, one of the 3bn+ women on this planet might giggle and toss you off. But most of the time they'd laugh at you and your chances of getting laid would be over. This is the same. You might get away with it. But to lose your ability to influence the game with so long remaining is just lunacy.

Back