• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

yes

but it was definitely Russia

Crimea_Putin_09bff.jpg

Russia doing it is the only thing that makes some sense, though not a lot either. This is a show to the west that they can hit undersea pipes and cables if they wish. A few have called is as the work of GUGI, which I never heard of before but operates a number of mini-subs.

unidentified drones over the area? my guess is the US and their destabilization tactics. Nothing personal, but its better off for the US if the rest of the world is in turmoil.
it was funny seeing the US increasing interest rates and putting the UK in distress too. so much for friends huh.

unidentified drones over the area? my guess is the US and their destabilization tactics. Nothing personal, but its better off for the US if the rest of the world is in turmoil.
it was funny seeing the US increasing interest rates and putting the UK in distress too. so much for friends huh.
The US have got their own problems with inflation still well over 8% I believe. Don’t think the Fed gave any other country a second thought and probably nor should they! Don’t think they did it to spite the UK or EU!

Why is it better off for the US if the rest of the world is in turmoil?
It benefits no country if the world is in turmoil. The whole world is now so integrated that if any region experiences turmoil it impacts everyone else.
Ukraine, a relatively small economy, it fudges up the world as it's one of the most important food producers. Turmoil in South America, fudges up the world as it is the main producer of some of the rarest ores in the world that are needed for a lot of modern, especially new green, technologies. Just about every region has something that is needed by the rest of the world.

no it isn’t, they are the ones that have to fix everything, at massive financial cost

the only grown ups in the room

it was Russia, there is no logical explanation for it being anyone else

This aged well ;)

As for Drones, at the tail-end of September NATO were conveniently having playtime with their new unmanned systems to test Alliance readiness to use them to counter security challenges ranging from conventional submarine threats, to sea mines and asymmetric threats....Looks like they were just too late, right?

Last edited:
How would drones reach the pipeline?

The Fed hiking their interest rate has nothing to do with the UK.

it was Russia, there is no logical explanation for it being anyone else

It may well have been, but there is nothing logical around their actions if it was.
  1. Gas already turned off, Europe in mini turmoil for energy this Winter.
    (Benefit in Russian eyes.)
  2. Pipelines remain in-situ should the war end and people want to go back to having Russian gas.
    (Benefit for Russia, can bring in money when/if this thing ends. Who benefits from Russia having no income via the pipelines, because it isn't Russia.)
  3. Large costs to repair the damage caused, massive potential for the entire pipeline to collapse if pressure isn't maintained.
    (No benefit to Russia needing to add to spending after the war or indeed risk both of the pipelines to unforeseen circumstances e.g., a collapse.)
  4. Pipelines are viewed as a form of leverage over Europe.
    (Benefit for Russia, can be used again to threaten if they wanted to do so. Who benefits from Russia not having this leverage, again, it isn't Russia.)
Two and four don't tie together either. While the EU would benefit from there being less leverage and dependency on Russian gas, they would not benefit from there being no Russian gas.

So, there are plenty of logical reasons for it too not be Russia.
But this world is truly a lot more fudged up than in my younger years so it could turn out you are right, but certainly there is nothing logical about it if you are.

Of course it was Russia. For pities sake.

There is no way back for Nordstream as Russia attempted to weaponised the dependency it created whilst it was pretending it had some common decency.

Another battle lost by Putin in Lyman. This time he had a direct hand in proceedings leading to an even worse situation.

Reportedly over 500 Russian soldiers died yesterday and Ukraine will probably capture another battalions worth of kit to further enhance counteroffensives to the south and east.

There is no way back for Russia for generations. They are finished as a major power.

Another battle lost by Putin in Lyman. This time he had a direct hand in proceedings leading to an even worse situation.

Reportedly over 500 Russian soldiers died yesterday and Ukraine will probably capture another battalions worth of kit to further enhance counteroffensives to the south and east.

There is no way back for Russia for generations. They are finished as a major power.

The worry is that they will try to regain their position by a tactical nuclear strike.

Of course it was Russia. For pities sake.

There is no way back for Nordstream as Russia attempted to weaponised the dependency it created whilst it was pretending it had some common decency.

If/when the war finishes, Latvia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and the Czech Republic might disagree with you there was no way back for gas from Russia - seeing as they used to rely on it 100%.
Not to mention the other countries that used to rely on it to a certain extent.

So, sit in your Southern UK pad non-reliant on Russian gas, and deduce what you wish :)
(If you wish to donate to my 6x more than usual energy bills this year, feel free.)

Still, at least this should move folk to more renewable sources now.

If/when the war finishes, Latvia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and the Czech Republic might disagree with you there was no way back for gas from Russia - seeing as they used to rely on it 100%.
Not to mention the other countries that used to rely on it to a certain extent.

So, sit in your Southern UK pad non-reliant on Russian gas, and deduce what you wish :)
(If you wish to donate to my 6x more than usual energy bills this year, feel free.)

Still, at least this should move folk to more renewable sources now.

I can indeed deduce what I wish. Now that is exactly what Ukraine are fighting for and why I and most people in the West support them.

It is really not hard to understand is it. The Russian Federation are hell bent on reimposing an Empire. An Empire of lies and intimidation, of mass poverty and of a super rich oligarchy - a soul less culture poor innovation vacuum where nobodies lives mean anything.

So yes sorry about your bills. But it is a price that has to be paid.

at least this should move folk to more renewable sources now.
Let's hope this is a genuine catalyst for change.

Much like COVID-19 was a huge catalyst for working from home. For years I bemoaned the fact I had to drive 90 minutes into a crappy office to sit in silence with headphones in and try to ignore the inane banter around the kitchenette.

Back