• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

First Ive seen of him, very promising.

What I like about players like that is its not clear what his best role is, but it is clear he is a very competent footballer.

That touch on 20 seconds in the video thought was just class. He takes it wrong and he has 4 Barca players around him in a dangerous area and they break on us. He takes a ball drilled at him at pace, under pressure, and just kills it. He’s gonna be great. Only black mark was that give away on 83 mins but it happens.

Also shout out to Amos. Won’t ever be as flashy as Skipp but I think he’s got pretty great anticipation. He seemed to make a lot of interceptions and was always right place right time. Enough quality on the ball to be tidy without being flashy and I’m hoping he’s someone that follows instructions well. If so he’s got a chance to be a decent role player somewhere.

Also, CCV looks like he’s stepped up a level in maturity. Looks more confident, more likely to win his individual battles, and looks more confident on the ball. He switched off for Barca’s first goal and I’m not sure why as it seemed a pretty basic one - it’s like Stones against Croatia - but if he cuts that out he could well have a chance with us.

Such a shame that Foyth, Onomah and Winks haven’t been able to partake in this tour. And really hoping Wanyama’s ok.

Satisfied with the 2-2 draw with Barcelona in normal time but disappointing we lost yet another penalty shootout. With Spurs having the worst record in penalty shootouts, we were always going to lose out in the penalties. We started poorly and deservedly went 2-0 down. But we did well to come back and score 2 goals in the second half to make it 2-2. But too bad we couldn't find the winner.

Credit to Son and Nkoudou for the goals. It was Son's first goal in 12 matches for us while it was Nkoudou's second ever goal for us. Thought Eriksen played well but he should have scored 2 goals from the freekicks. Also, have to question Eriksen's mental strength as he didn't take any of the penalties. Being an experienced player for us, Eriksen should have taken the penalty ahead of inexperienced Georgiou who missed the penalty for us. I think Lamela would have made the difference in this match but unfortunately he didn't play.

Good to see Gazzaniga starting in goal but disappointed he conceded 2 goals so early in the match. He was not directly at fault for the goals but our defending need to improve. Wonder if Gazzaniga would have made any difference to us during the penalty shootout as Vorm didn't save any of the penalties.

Spurs surely have the worst penalty record among all the teams in the world, even worse than England ! We have now been involved in 13 penalty shootouts in our history, winning 3 and losing 10 of those. Our only wins have been the 1984 UEFA Cup final against Anderlecht, 1994 FA Cup Round 3 match against mighty Peterborough and 2014 League Cup Round 4 match against mighty Hull. AVB did well to win us that penalty shootout against Hull but Pochettino has now let our penalty shootout record become bad again. If they ever make the penalties compulsory for every match finishing in draws, Spurs will lost out greatly unless we improve our penalty record.

Oliver Skipp vs Barcelona
For the last couple of years he has shown ability higher than his age group and because he has a good physique he has played at higher age groups.

What impressed me in these highlights was his driving runs with the ball. He seems to have added that to his game recently. I envisage him getting game time in the league cup this season and we can then see how he looks in proper, competitive men’s football.

Satisfied with the 2-2 draw with Barcelona in normal time but disappointing we lost yet another penalty shootout. With Spurs having the worst record in penalty shootouts, we were always going to lose out in the penalties. We started poorly and deservedly went 2-0 down. But we did well to come back and score 2 goals in the second half to make it 2-2. But too bad we couldn't find the winner.

Credit to Son and Nkoudou for the goals. It was Son's first goal in 12 matches for us while it was Nkoudou's second ever goal for us. Thought Eriksen played well but he should have scored 2 goals from the freekicks. Also, have to question Eriksen's mental strength as he didn't take any of the penalties. Being an experienced player for us, Eriksen should have taken the penalty ahead of inexperienced Georgiou who missed the penalty for us. I think Lamela would have made the difference in this match but unfortunately he didn't play.

Should have scored two free-kicks? Since when should any player be expected to score twice from free kicks in one game?
Also, I guess that Eriksen was down to take the 5th penalty. It is a guess, but am I right in saying that you're guessing too in saying that his mental strength is why he didn't take any of the first four penalties?

Maybe but in one interview he was the most negative i have seen him about the squad being away etc.

Was just an observation

Impossible to know the ins and outs. And just like the "be brave" talk - which was ambiguous at best - if you read too much into it youll only end up winding yourself up.

We dont know what he thinks at all. Ive seen plenty of pictures of him on the tour looking absolutely content - what does that mean!?

Will any of our England/Belgium players and Hugo be ready for Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

We are seriously struggling if they are not

Back