• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Ok, any midfield names who you think will improve us and that we can actually afford?

I have no idea, but if we can't find someone with enough quality at a reasonable price then we shouldn't bother. The pool of players that could instantly improve our first team and are available is small and that's before we consider the money needed. I'm more than happy for us to continue signing somewhat unknown players that we develop and preferably without the PL proven tax added.

I would not be surprised to see Amos figure against Newcash and Skipp too off the bench perhaps...Skipp was really good, vibrant, aggressive, able to find a pass, and Amos was very assured holding.
Need to remember this was a friendly between mostly two B teams, even so what a performance by young Oliver Skipp. What a prospect. He impressed regularly for our youth teams last season and looks almost ready to step up right now. REALLY!

Put himself about all over the park making key interceptions and tidy passes, all rounded off by a couple of outstanding forward runs. That admiitedly set against one half-mistake at the back but overall looked as good as anyone on the pitch in his second half cameo.

And he's still only 17.

Need to remember this was a friendly between mostly two B teams, even so what a performance by young Oliver Skipp. What a prospect. He impressed regularly for our youth teams last season and looks almost ready to step up right now. REALLY!

Put himself about all over the park making key interceptions and tidy passes, all rounded off by a couple of outstanding forward runs. That admiitedly set against one half-mistake at the back but overall looked as good as anyone on the pitch in his second half cameo.

And he's still only 17.

Let's hope he gets given a chance in the League Cup.

We watched Lewis Cook last season. He's good and would be affordable.

He shows a lot of promise, I liked him at Leeds. Him and Winks would have a good balance in a midfield 3 if we could get an all round energetic defensive midfielder in there.

Wanamya on his first seasons form. But I think he will be like Send to and not recover his fitness sadly.

He shows a lot of promise, I liked him at Leeds. Him and Winks would have a good balance in a midfield 3 if we could get an all round energetic defensive midfielder in there.

Wanamya on his first seasons form. But I think he will be like Send to and not recover his fitness sadly.

If we were going to go for him, I would have expected us to have made our move by now. My guess is that his head would be turned if we went in for him.

I would rather that he sign a midfielder based on performances over the past year or two

So would I but most "experts" on here go by the last thing they saw or you tube, as long as it's new and shiny they love it. I just wanted to see some names put to the players WE MUST sign and the value put on them. So far seen 2 names, both within our budget I would think.

Oliver Skipp vs Barcelona

17 ?? looks much older

in fact

albert-300x225.gif

It’s very surreal watching Tottenham play in such an all American college stadium like the Rose Bowl, we were outnumbered 15-1 at least by wannabe Barca fans who called us Putos when we sang to them “you’ve never been to Spain”
Not sure you can really take much from the game itself, skipp looked much better for the experience from the first game, nkodou showed his pace to good effect.
Carter vickers got some USA USA chants for some decisive last ditch tackles, Barca reserves tired and let us back in the game, and if you’re going to lose a pk shootout, i’d Want it to be in this game.

It’s very surreal watching Tottenham play in such an all American college stadium like the Rose Bowl, we were outnumbered 15-1 at least by wannabe Barca fans who called us Putos when we sang to them “you’ve never been to Spain”
Not sure you can really take much from the game itself, skipp looked much better for the experience from the first game, nkodou showed his pace to good effect.
Carter vickers got some USA USA chants for some decisive last ditch tackles, Barca reserves tired and let us back in the game, and if you’re going to lose a pk shootout, i’d Want it to be in this game.

It’s why these tours can be great, if it means fans like yourself get to go (I assume you live in the states)

Agreed. It was odd. I went to the friendly in Seattle 3 years ago and it was a much better atmosphere. And some of the ‘barça’ fans were total tools. Fat and ugly too.

Back