• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Again I bolt upright in amazement that Soldado had a chance and finished with such aplomb, first time under the keeper, maybe Soldado has woken up and is the incisive genius we were lead to believe, maybe that is the goal that will....oh it was Holtby

Hopefully only Davies will be a first team player this season, all the rest are just backups really so we do look "OK" for the reserves

Again I bolt upright in amazement that Soldado had a chance and finished with such aplomb, first time under the keeper, maybe Soldado has woken up and is the incisive genius we were lead to believe, maybe that is the goal that will....oh it was Holtby
I agree soldado should he I'm these positions

Capoue could have done a bit more in the lead up to that goal. He's been playing well though he's taken his foot off the gas, along with a few others.

Good goal Holtby.

er...we scored...what else would you want from capoue? came in late in to the box and picked out holby with minimal fuss and effort - well played i thought.

if criticism is due its for townsend who was greedy and didnt put in the cross early enough

Capoue for me has been brilliant in this half. Calm in possession, making great options for his CB's and his forward passing to the front players has been great. Defensively he's broken play down well too.
Holtby deserved his goal and I'd still like to see him given a chance alongside Sandro/Capoue.
Townsend looked bright up until the drinks break, after that he has made a couple of poor decisions.
Kane has been brilliant.

EDIT: Soldado had been in a good spot for Townsend to cross to, then pulled off to the back post. Holtby filled the space that Soldado had left.

I think Townsend, Holtby and Kane all did well. Capoue was excellent at getting our play moving forward. Everyone else did ok.

Difficult to take a lot from the match given the opposition, but overall we are playing at a decent tempo under Poch. We move the ball quicker and play more forward passes than under AVB and some of the play is sharper than it was under Sherwood.

Capoue with quite a few nice passes to set us up going forward

Holtby and Mason continue to funnel back in to the lb and rb positions when Naughton or Davies get forward

Soldado still doesn't look confident when finishing (should've probably hit his first time with the net wide open but instead took 2 touches and got a lucky rebound from his first attempt)

The most glaring difference in my eyes during this preseason has been the evidence of better coaching. We're seeing better spacing, better/quicker/more forward passing, more 1-2's, and more of a unity in pressing. All I can remember from AVB and Sherwood was just a bunch of players getting in each others way and no real idea how to play together as a complete 11. We'll get a lot more in return from our 7 signees from last season if everyone continues to buy in and Poch continues his good work.

Very impressive thus far. Good tempo and the players look like they're enjoying their football. Good to see the players passing the ball forwards and actually looking to find some space, sounds like bread and butter **** but it rarely happened under AVB. Everyone's touch and passing seems to be better than it was under Sherwood too, Poch's extra sessions paying off perhaps?

This Celtic side is ****ing crap though. We're never going to have it this easy in the Premier League. But at the same time - Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Vertonghen, Walker, Chiriches, Vorm etc all still to return to the side.

Back