• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

This Celtic look terrible, we are dominating proceedings and could run up a cricket score here.

If we win 7-0, I full expect Sky to ignore the score line, much as they did when Manchester United won a friendly 7-0.

Celtic playing this between Champions League qualifiers probably isn't doing them any favours.

I'm a little concerned we haven't played a competitive team this summer with one game left and the Belgiums still missing

Celtic playing this between Champions League qualifiers probably isn't doing them any favours.

Yup, that's what I was thinking prior to this fixture. I think that your £60 will be a winner today!

But all this talk about Celtic's reserves, how many of our players will be playing in our 'first team' this season?

We are missing key players too.

I'm a little concerned we haven't played a competitive team this summer with one game left and the Belgiums still missing

im concerned about the opposition we have faced so far this summer .....shockingly average. Might be a rude awakening during the first few games of the new season

True. I'd like to see him score a good goal though, otherwise his mindset will adopt an element of scoring rebounds. We need him in the box and sharp. Even if he simply sidefoots it in to the corner, that will do :D

Fingers crossed that he scores further goals against this ****e Celtic side.

They certainly are there for the taking. They are not even trying that hard which is a shame as in terms of our own pre-season a bit of competition would probably be more desirable.

I'm sorry but who the **** organises the opposition for these friendlies. Look at the pattern
3 american teams in the middle of the their seasons who end up playing the reserves. And now a Celtic team in between their champion's league qualifiers who are of course playing their reserves.
We might as well be sending our team out against our u21s.

Last edited:
They certainly are there for the taking. They are not even trying that hard which is a shame as in terms of our own pre-season a bit of competition would probably be more desirable.

I think the most serious moment, that came from Celtic, was when the defender hoofed the ball back in to his own net following the opener from Kane. I haven't seen passion like that at any other time from any of the other Celtic players.

I think all we want to see is evidence that players are improving on what they are learning in training. Since the second goal, Celtic do look to be pressing us more on the ball.

Not sure it's right to call it a 442, Kane is dropping very deep

Anyone else noticed that in pre season we are defending a lot of set pieces with 11 men behind the ball?

I think all we want to see is evidence that players are improving on what they are learning in training. Since the second goal, Celtic do look to be pressing us more on the ball.

Not sure it's right to call it a 442, Kane is dropping very deep

True, I called it 442 as it's listing the players in their standard roles. A formation is very fluid throughout a game anyway, as previously discussed, so is more of a guide than anything else. To that end, perhaps your description is a far more accurate reflection of the set up.

Did Naughton lose his concentration and get sucked in, or did one of the midfielders not track the man at the back post?

Capoue could have done a bit more in the lead up to that goal. He's been playing well though he's taken his foot off the gas, along with a few others.

Good goal Holtby.

Back