• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

There have only been a few times tonight where we have looked like getting past their press. Kane has been handled well by their 3 CB's, it might be worth having someone like GKN threatening them from behind or at least get Alli closer to him.
We can either draw as many of them out as possible and then hit the forward, which worked once or twice or we can try to work it out using Winks and Dembele, which again only worked once or twice.

City look a tier above us atm, they have pace throughout the side and look like an exhibition side.

We needed investment, it's not happened and even if it does, Poch won't have them integrated until the halfway stage. If that's the case then our usual slow start to the league will see us probably off the pace for the title (which I think is likely watching City and Chelsea atm) and in the Europa league. I hate to be the doommonger but watching sides improve so vastly, whilst we stand still is kind of gutting. I accept that these last two years may have been a fluke because of how badly the financially juiced teams have fudged up, but I'd hoped we might've tried to solidify things.

There have only been a few times tonight where we have looked like getting past their press. Kane has been handled well by their 3 CB's, it might be worth having someone like GKN threatening them from behind or at least get Alli closer to him.
We can either draw as many of them out as possible and then hit the forward, which worked once or twice or we can try to work it out using Winks and Dembele, which again only worked once or twice.

City look a tier above us atm, they have pace throughout the side and look like an exhibition side.

We needed investment, it's not happened and even if it does, Poch won't have them integrated until the halfway stage. If that's the case then our usual slow start to the league will see us probably off the pace for the title (which I think is likely watching City and Chelsea atm) and in the Europa league. I hate to be the doommonger but watching sides improve so vastly, whilst we stand still is kind of gutting. I accept that these last two years may have been a fluke because of how badly the financially juiced teams have fudged up, but I'd hoped we might've tried to solidify things.
Bit soon for relegation fears don't you think?

City look very strong indeed. And they have some decent players not on the pitch. Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sane, Gundogan....
Jeez......now you've really gone and done it.

City are loaded (and I'm not talking money), they will blow many a team away this year.

Better we get a runaround v a good team than play someone rubbish and win 5-0. Our players are just getting miles on the clock, they will know what to do when the real stuff starts. A lot of sharpness to be gained yet.

You can't read anything into pre-season. It is there to get the players fit and earn the club some money, nothing more.

Bit soon for relegation fears don't you think?

I'm just hyper critical, given that we have top players and a manager looking to progress. If we don't get the backing, how long do you think they will stick around? How long do you give the project? It happened at Arsenal and bit by bit their best left for pastures greener after seeing their team mates leave and find success elsewhere. What happens if City win the league this season. Walker gets proven right, players go away for the Euros and come back looking to get their league or cup winners medal.

We lack pace, ability to beat a man and depth on the bench.

Change to 3-5-2, or need GKN to give us width.

They are playing like us normally except they are switching play more effectively.

I'm just hyper critical, given that we have top players and a manager looking to progress. If we don't get the backing, how long do you think they will stick around? How long do you give the project? It happened at Arsenal and bit by bit their best left for pastures greener after seeing their team mates leave and find success elsewhere. What happens if City win the league this season. Walker gets proven right, players go away for the Euros and come back looking to get their league or cup winners medal.

City are the only club that I think could have passed us this summer but that does not account for our players improving further which is quite possible given their age and quality.

I am getting the feeling that some of our fans might become a tad fatilstic if we have a bad start to the season. Think we all need to calm down and give a lovely manager time.

Personally I have written off this season a little bit.

Also think we might make a move in the transfer market after we find which of Ajax or Nice qualify for the champs league group stage.

City are the only club that I think could have passed us this summer but that does not account for our players improving further which is quite possible given their age and quality.

And who could we afford to buy who would walk into this first team?

Back