• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from tonights game

When you lose twice in one season to west ham at home you definitely cannot get lower.

This.

I was at the game today too, sat in Block 9 next to the gobby Spammers and it was galling to have to walk past them after the final whistle. Cannot believe that having gone 14 years without losing a single home game to them we've now got dingdonged by Wet Spam twice in under 14 weeks :-&

This is my issue with him.

He has all the raw ingredients to be a good player, but he just never uses them properly. Much like Walcott for most of his career.

Some coaching could hopefully improve that, but he (and we) will need consistency and balance to make it happen. Actually, I feel that goes for all our players. Get an effective system, let the players have a position and see what they can do rather than shoehorning them Into a system.

For Townsend , I'm thinking early bale. He needs a run, see what he becomes

Some coaching could hopefully improve that, but he (and we) will need consistency and balance to make it happen. Actually, I feel that goes for all our players. Get an effective system, let the players have a position and see what they can do rather than shoehorning them Into a system.

For Townsend , I'm thinking early bale. He needs a run, see what he becomes

I see raw talent in Townsend, but I don't see that amazing technique Bale had even at SCBC.

I know it's hardly a risky prediction that any player won't be as good as Bale, but I think at best Townsend will get to Lennon standard (which is still very good).

If Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro or Paulinho had been available we would have won for sure. But Chiriches really struggled against the high balls and there was no defensive midfielder to protect the defence. I know Sherwood wanted to make a point of going 4-4-2 to be different to AVB and stake his claim, but to play with two direct wingers and two attacking central midfielders in that formation was a very bad idea. I said at the start of the game that that starting lineup was a big insult to West Ham.

Adebayor looked good, but the biggest positive for me was that, for the first time since the Harry era, when one of our players passed the ball they would, you know, keep running forward to find space for a return pass. Make no mistake, tonight was ****, but we were limited in the personnel we could select and it was a BIG step forward from some of the home performances under AVB this season, one of which I'll remind you all was against this opposition in which we scored less goals and conceded more than we did tonight.

Come on. Be serious. They had few ressies out for 70 minutes of the game tonight. Morrison and Diame came on and suddenly, they've forced Lloris into two excellent, excellent saves, hit the woodwork and scored twice. Don't be fooled. It could've been three or four easily. I suppose the mitigating circumstance would be that, in turn, we did not have our first choice CB partner…but worringly, 3 of the 4 are first teamers.

I see raw talent in Townsend, but I don't see that amazing technique Bale had even at SCBC.

I know it's hardly a risky prediction that any player won't be as good as Bale, but I think at best Townsend will get to Lennon standard (which is still very good).

I was more trying to say he needs a run in the team, in a regular position, like bale had - even when it wasn't going well.
I think wingers can be a bit like strikers, you need to play them to get them performing to their best and most fluid.

I think AT will be downing level and probably end up somewhere like Saudi Sportswashing Machine (which might just be us if we don't get the next mgr right!)

Was my first time at a Spurs game in two and a half years, was really looking forward to it as I've missed White Hart Lane a lot. Trains were delayed hugely meaning I didn't get their till the 36th miniute... At half time I realised they only sell bottles of carling or carlsberg or what ever it was and not pints anymore... Then we lost... then trains were delayed even further meaning I've only just got home.

Certainly not a great xmas present or break from Uni but I'm sure there's a life lesson hidden away somewhere to be decoded.

Was my first time at a Spurs game in two and a half years, was really looking forward to it as I've missed White Hart Lane a lot. Trains were delayed hugely meaning I didn't get their till the 36th miniute... At half time I realised they only sell bottles of carling or carlsberg or what ever it was and not pints anymore... Then we lost... then trains were delayed even further meaning I've only just got home.

Certainly not a great xmas present or break from Uni but I'm sure there's a life lesson hidden away somewhere to be decoded.

Yeah NEVER rely on football to make you happy - appreciate when it's good
(And some other, related, philosophical bollox)

Also, your a student - you shouldn't be able to afford a ticket, get a job ya soap dodger ;):lol::lol:

Yeah NEVER rely on football to make you happy - appreciate when it's good
(And some other, related, philosophical bollox)

Also, your a student - you shouldn't be able to afford a ticket, get a job ya soap dodger ;):lol::lol:

Wasn't so much the game the game as much as a huge accuminlation of unwanted events. If I'd seen the whole match, had a decent pint and got home as expected I'd still be ****ed off but not as much as I am.

And I'll have you know I have off term job. It's just I stupidly thought a Spurs game would be a good xmas present. :lol: As for the soap dodger gag the West Ham fans don't use soap and it's not like they look unclean. 8-[

It was a mare of a journey weren't it, should've known it was just going to be one of those days when I discovered that all the trains to Northumberland Park were cancelled due to a tree falling onto the power lines a couple of hours before kick off #-o

It was a mare of a journey weren't it, should've known it was just going to be one of those days when I discovered that all the trains to Northumberland Park were cancelled due to a tree falling onto the power lines a couple of hours before kick off #-o

I came from Cambridge way, take it you were from somewhere round that sort of way?

The trains were delayed after the game as well. Have no idea why the tree problem caused 5-6 hours worth of delays!

I'm sure there's a life lesson hidden away somewhere to be decoded.

Always make sure you sing your heart out and come away hoarse. That way win lose or draw, you'll actually feel much better in some ways. There is something about chanting at football matches, the huge amount of physical energy expended. Their goals looked horribly easy at the time and don't make good repeated viewing, but hey ho, Spurs will survive and we'll all be back at the Lane for more torment soon :)

Oh and re life lessons: always assume that what can go wrong will go wrong!

Ade could be the player we hoped for!

other than that the best news is hopefully we can put this Defoe arguement to bed... he is dog **** and Soldado is the way forward....
Let Defoe rot

One positive, I stayed up all night to find one.... we are unique in that it's never a dull moment down at the lane, the media, the premier league needs us to provide that constant source of hilarity

Knew I would find one finally got there in the end

I'm sure there's a life lesson hidden away somewhere to be decoded.

Always make sure you sing your heart out and come away hoarse. That way win lose or draw, you'll actually feel much better in some ways. There is something about chanting at football matches, the huge amount of physical energy expended. Their goals looked horribly easy at the time and don't make good repeated viewing, but hey ho, Spurs will survive and we'll all be back at the Lane for more torment soon :)

Oh and re life lessons: always assume that what can go wrong will go wrong!

Strangely enough I was feeling really positive as I drove in. Maybe its the sun shining. But this all feels so familiar, and I know how we've turned it around when everyone was laughing at us. This club as much as it has a tendency to blow up and self implode, always finds a way to suck us back in when we think we're done.

I got their early yesterday, I sat in a half empty ground, and I just really appreciated how much this club occupies my life, whether it's good or bad. I love this club. Probably a bit too much.

But there's this feeling of a bit of a throwback to the old days, and in a weird kind of way I'm looking forward to it. Let's bring out the real spurs fans, and when we start looking good again, lets really enjoy it again.

1387394872493.jpg1387395453563.jpgIMAG0189.jpg

I came from Cambridge way, take it you were from somewhere round that sort of way?

The trains were delayed after the game as well. Have no idea why the tree problem caused 5-6 hours worth of delays!

I travelled in from Bucks but wanted to catch the train to Northumberland Park in order to avoid having to schlep it up the High Road from Seven Sisters in the cold wet windy conditions!

Strangely enough I was feeling really positive as I drove in. Maybe its the sun shining. But this all feels so familiar, and I know how we've turned it around when everyone was laughing at us. This club as much as it has a tendency to blow up and self implode, always finds a way to suck us back in when we think we're done.

I got their early yesterday, I sat in a half empty ground, and I just really appreciated how much this club occupies my life, whether it's good or bad. I love this club. Probably a bit too much.

But there's this feeling of a bit of a throwback to the old days, and in a weird kind of way I'm looking forward to it. Let's bring out the real spurs fans, and when we start looking good again, lets really enjoy it again.

I was sat in the opposite corner to you. Normally really enjoy cup nights at WHL but was quite a staid atmosphere where I was sat, typical of the West Stand I suppose plus the general ambivalence towards the change in management after Sunday' shocker.

Back