• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from tonights game

Take away the three massive losses, most of the time I felt there was a purpose to our game under AVB: To win. Tonight was about putting on a show, almost as if we were trying to do everything AVB wouldn't, and it was disjointed and aimless. We barely created any real chances and were soft as **** at the back. That second DM doesn't look so bad now.

I agree with the rest of your post to an extent at least. But with 3 centre backs out either through injury or suspension, Sandro injured and Paulinho suspended I'm not quite sure how Sherwood could have started two "defensive midfielders" today. He could have started Fryers or a young kid at centre back and played Capoue alongside Dembele, but really wouldn't that have been just as risky?

Take away the three massive losses, most of the time I felt there was a purpose to our game under AVB: To win. Tonight was about putting on a show, almost as if we were trying to do everything AVB wouldn't, and it was disjointed and aimless. We barely created any real chances and were soft as **** at the back. That second DM doesn't look so bad now.

Yeah , the baying mob at last got the entertainment they wanted . I saw two poor teams out there and I suppose two poor teams can put on a show .

And it's not Timbos fault , no blame from me being hurled his way. The team that won it won it because they realised and were desperate at 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go , that if they got their goalkeeper to lump it to the edge of our box , then they might score from a knock down. It's the tactic employed by many a football managers and no doubt Fat Sam will be on TV soon enough to remind us what a genius of a manager he is ...

So like I said , no blame attached to Tim Sherwood however, that little bald guy sat up in the directors box is beginning to seriously wind me up.

Well we didn't have any extra players available tonight at all. Let alone a defensive midfielder. Who would you have played tonight? Whinge whinge whinge. Tho some good points to be fair. Chin up. We'll be back.

Would have played Dembele as a pure DM and an extra midfielder in place of Defoe, possibly Holtby, but I'm not privvy to the fitness levels of those on the bench.

I think there was a certain freshness over our approach, just a shame we couldn't get a result in this honeymoon period. For me, the main negative is that we didn't get the win we needed for morale.

- Ade on the scoresheet is a big plus, convincing goal too
- one less competition to clog up the fixture list, would have preferred a trophy but our runs in 2008 and 2009 definitely dragged us down the league
- West Ham keep Allardyce a bit longer and the cup will also cost them a few points in the league

Not good to see Andros off but not as big a disaster as Vertonghen getting injured. Maybe will mean more game time for Lamela, like BAEs injury back in 2010 maybe a blessing in disguise.

COYS

Would have played Dembele as a pure DM and an extra midfielder in place of Defoe, possibly Holtby, but I'm not privvy to the fitness levels of those on the bench.

I thought Holtby's headless chicken running was part of our downfall actually. Led to a free kick I think from which they scored. That's not to say he couldn't have been deployed better from the start. Defoe and Ade were both crucial to our goal and if you're honest, wham were not in the game for 70 odd minutes. We didn't put them to bed.

Apart from the fact that he got injured, no Townsend is a big positive for me. Means better players can get a chance to make an impression.

I thought Holtby's headless chicken running was part of our downfall actually. Led to a free kick I think from which they scored. That's not to say he couldn't have been deployed better from the start. Defoe and Ade were both crucial to our goal and if you're honest, wham were not in the game for an 70 odd minutes. We didn't put them to bed.

He really needs to work on that. Be a more effective team player.

Positives:

Sherwood shouldn't have a job much longer.
Hopefully Ferdinand follows him out the door.
Townsend is better on the left.
Lennon is best on the right.
Adebayor getting game time and a goal.
Rose getting more minutes

=D>
When West Ham playes a long ball tactic for 90 minutes, you should as a player use the inside of your head to overcome it. If you see that you cant win one single challenge, let Cole/Maiga head the ball alone and back down. Why didnt Sherwood or the players understand that???

There are none whatsoever. I can't handle the asylum we call spurs. Crisis always lurks around the corner even when the good times are rolling.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

=D>
When West Ham playes a long ball tactic for 90 minutes, you should as a player use the inside of your head to overcome it. If you see that you cant win one single challenge, let Cole/Maiga head the ball alone and back down. Why didnt Sherwood or the players understand that???

Why does no player understand this? Winning the header is pointless, getting the loose ball afterwards is what matters. About as useful as Walker barging into a player with his back to goal, stood on the sideline.

what spitshine said.

There are NONE! Those subs were utterly stupid! Take Ade off at 78? only 1-0 up. Play with a lone striker after that in a cup game? Never been so mad after a game in recent years. Good enough to play 442 and for some moments the team showed some grit, but those last 15 minutes were the worst this season. One of the best finishers in Europe on the bench. Why not put him on for Dembele on the 85th at least?

Whoever the new manager is, jesus christ, what a job to sort out this mess!

How anyone cannot blame Sherwood for that is baffling. It was a bad first 11, a bad bench, and disastrous subs. **** saving anyone for Sunday, it was his FIRST EVER GAME AS A MANAGER, it was a cup semi final against team who's already embarrassed us at home. Play your best 11 and the best on the bench. Defoe starting is embarrassing, dembele and sigg as aim dale pair is clueless, no eriksen or lamela on the bench.... Ade playing amazing, Defoe showing why everyone woud personally drive him to Toronto, yet he subs ade off.... Everything was awful from Sherwood today.

But I also blame levy. The bald ****. He rips apart every managerial and playing team he helps assemble, he gives no time and seems to have no vision - dof system, bins it off, gets a manager in, bins it off, brings dof back. The guy has a transfer policy of improving over time (for higher resales) but doesn't back the manager with the same ethos... He sells our best players every season and wonders why we don't hit the ground running...

I'm so angry at our club tonight. AVB would have won tonight. We could have easily own two cups. We are in touching distance of top 4, we woud clearly improve over time (like our transfer policy dictates), but it's all been destroyed in a dew days.

Apart from the fact that he got injured, no Townsend is a big positive for me. Means better players can get a chance to make an impression.[/QUOT

During the game I was thinking he's still raw and should be taken off. Then he made a fantastic break, which he also did first half. But he's an odd one. One moment a world beater, the next, he's completely unaware and make the wrong decision.

Ladies ladies calm down. We lost. We didn't deserve to. That happens. We will rise again. Anyone would think you're f ucking manu supporters.

Other than moving the ball forward faster for the first 20 minutes or so hardly any. Woeful crossing especially in the first half add to that the fact we continued our inability to get shots on target, I think it took around 35 minutes for the first one. Defensively I don't know whats happened over the last few months but as a unit it's like watching a Laurel and Hardy show at times. We have a ton of players all playing below their level lacking confidence and ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and unless Levy employs an experienced winner to sort this squad out I can see us finishing mid-table and a large number of transfer requests being dumped on our Chairmans desk in the summer.

To finish on a positive not, Ade's goal was great.

How the **** Defoe has managed to get tthrough his career without at least picking up some level of composure is ridiculous. What the **** are they doing

There are now only two more games left in this competition, hardly going to jam up the fixture list now.

TBH Defoe has rarely been a composed finisher, he has always been a lash it in kind of player and not a pass it in type. He has done it on occassion but he just seems to be more about power than placement.

Back