• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from today's game...

Positives? Levy will find it increasingly hard to hide from this mess. Otherwise poor management, a poor first team with complete lack of coherence or fight. We don't even have a Ginola et al to make it exciting anymore.

Lamela was meant to be like Ginola but is more like Domminguez(little portgual geezer)

Pay that much to support the team. By no divine right do we deserve to win any game, fans need to get that in their head. Some of our fans are getting to Liverpool levels of deluded. Difference being Liverpool fans support.
Arsenal - £2,013
Tottenham - £1,895
Chelsea - £1,250
Manchester United - £950
Queens Park Rangers - £949
West Ham - £940
Liverpool - £869
Emirates Marketing Project - £860
Southampton - £853
Leicester City - £730
Crystal Palace - £720
Everton - £719
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - £710
Burnley - £685
Aston Villa - £615
Stoke City - £609
Hull City - £574
Sunderland - £525
Swansea City - £499
West Brom - £449

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...three-times-rate-inflation.html#ixzz3IaeEpDwQ

Liverpool's fans may be more supportive of their side, but they pay less than half what our fans pay, while watching a team that their owners are actually invested in and while achieving semi-regular successes that make it all worthwhile.

Our fans get dismissively told to shut up and stop complaining after paying an absolutely outrageous price so that the owners can maximise the profit on their asset with as little risk or investment as they can manage.

F*ck that. They've done nothing wrong, and any sneering insults thrown in their direction reflect less on them and more on the moral bankruptcy that pervades modern football, where slavering loyalty to the owners and a desire to feel like a 'better' fan jointly take priority over actually listening to the concerns of people who are regarded as cash-cows at best and 'customers' at worst by a club that stopped caring about them a long time ago.

Arsenal - £2,013
Tottenham - £1,895
Chelsea - £1,250
Manchester United - £950
Queens Park Rangers - £949
West Ham - £940
Liverpool - £869
Emirates Marketing Project - £860
Southampton - £853
Leicester City - £730
Crystal Palace - £720
Everton - £719
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - £710
Burnley - £685
Aston Villa - £615
Stoke City - £609
Hull City - £574
Sunderland - £525
Swansea City - £499
West Brom - £449

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...three-times-rate-inflation.html#ixzz3IaeEpDwQ

Liverpool's fans may be more supportive of their side, but they pay less than half what our fans pay, while watching a team that their owners are actually invested in and while achieving semi-regular successes that make it all worthwhile.

Our fans get dismissively told to shut up and stop complaining after paying an absolutely outrageous price so that the owners can maximise the profit on their asset with as little risk or investment as they can manage.

F*ck that. They've done nothing wrong, and any sneering insults thrown in their direction reflect less on them and more on the moral bankruptcy that pervades modern football, where slavering loyalty to the owners and a desire to feel like a 'better' fan jointly take priority over actually listening to the concerns of people who are regarded as cash-cows at best and 'customers' at worst by a club that stopped caring about them a long time ago.

Again I agree with you and think this whole "better" fan thing is pathetic, constructive criticism is the only way anyone or anything improves.

Pay that much to support the team. By no divine right do we deserve to win any game, fans need to get that in their head. Some of our fans are getting to Liverpool levels of deluded. Difference being Liverpool fans support.

*******s. Talk to Hodgson about support from them.
Somethings not going right. Lets sing for Dalglish.

Remember their song anti Traore song ten years back?

What's wrong (one of many things) with modern football are all the fans who expect their club to keep spending lavish amounts of money they don't have on players, while at same time they should charge almost nothing to let them into the ground, have instant success and at the slightest hint of adversity starts grumbling and moaning.

What's wrong (one of many things) with modern football are all the fans who expect their club to keep spending lavish amounts of money they don't have on players, while at same time they should charge almost nothing to let them into the ground, have instant success and at the slightest hint of adversity starts grumbling and moaning.

With the alternative being the owners spending almost nothing on the team they own while charging the fans the second-highest prices in the league to sit and look pretty for the TV cameras so that they can impress whoever they're trying to sell the club to, with their massive profit being entirely built on the backs of the fans themselves.

Thanks, but I know which side of the divide I'd rather be on, and it isn't the one that requires slavish worship of the Pharaohs of ENIC while turning on your own fellow fans in your eagerness to distinguish yourself as 'better' than them. There is nothing wrong with our fans, and until the owners actually match the fans' investments into their club (a thought which no doubt makes cold beads of sweat roll down their nervously quivering cheeks), they have no right to anything other than ridicule and scorn from the ordinary people who put more into their club than these delightful owners have managed to put in over the past decade and a half.

I actually do not want any more spent on transfers just spent more wisely and for positions on the pitch we actually need, also not selling academy produced players who actually care for the club and replacing them with similar or even inferior quality players who have no connection or passion for the club.

Fans did try to get behind the team today. I'm sick of the awful fans guff. I don't expect to win every week but I do expect some passion and effort from our players. Only person who looked interested today was Mason. Our players go missing far to often. Yes the fans mumble and grumble but the club we all love is going backwards fast !! And I for one am not happy about it.

Just finishedwatching Swansea win over ****. The ethic of the team was magnificent .....chasing, rutting, digging in + all the old cliches. Siggy and Caroll did more in that game than our entire team yoday. Something is seriously amiss with the drive/impetus of our team.

Positives? Despite our **** poor start to the season, we're actually still only four points off fourth place. Shows that there's really only three teams that have been somewhat consistent this season: Chelski, Southampton and (to a degree) City.

#thehopelives

2nd half in isolation wasn't bad. We were the better team, created chances and got the goal.

Mason's work rate. If the rest of the players followed his example we would be a lot better off.

Chadli's goal.

Just finishedwatching Swansea win over ****. The ethic of the team was magnificent .....chasing, rutting, digging in + all the old cliches. Siggy and Caroll did more in that game than our entire team yoday. Something is seriously amiss with the drive/impetus of our team.

Funny, today was one of the few times I actually get to WHL (I'm from N.Ireland). But when I go I like to watch the players warm up, because having played football myself I find it interesting how a pro team approaches a game.

As part of today's warm up there was a little exercise where you had 5 players round the outside and four inside. Each of the players on the inside had a ball. The idea being that there's always a pass available on the outside, you just have to find it without running into a team mate.

A wise old man once told me that you can tell if someone is mentally right by their warm up. Today, both Kaboul and Fazio made all manner of **** ups in that exercise. Real schoolboy stuff like passing the ball to an outside man that already has a ball, mis controlling etc.

Just so happens that these two then carried this onto the pitch.

Only an observation but it certainly looks like we have issues mentally.

Didn't watch the Swansea game today, but this seems descriptive of what I've seen from them in the past.

What they have is an engrained style of play that's been put in place over a long time across several managers. I do think Poch is the kind of manager that wants to similarly put a system in place that makes the team more than a sum of its parts. I think that gives a team drive and impetus, knowing how "we play" despite being disappointed by going behind etc.

Takes time though. We don't have the kind of time Swansea has used, but I would rather see us try to take the time to put a system in place than to just jump on to the next thing as soon as we hit a bad patch.

Didn't watch the Swansea game today, but this seems descriptive of what I've seen from them in the past.

What they have is an engrained style of play that's been put in place over a long time across several managers. I do think Poch is the kind of manager that wants to similarly put a system in place that makes the team more than a sum of its parts. I think that gives a team drive and impetus, knowing how "we play" despite being disappointed by going behind etc.

Takes time though. We don't have the kind of time Swansea has used, but I would rather see us try to take the time to put a system in place than to just jump on to the next thing as soon as we hit a bad patch.

=D>

Positives?

19 days until the players have to play infront of our awful fans again.

Mumorn, I'll repeat what I said to Marky. I don't defend our fans but can you explain why we also looked so crap against Villa and that pony team we played on Thursday? Away from home?

Mumorn, I'll repeat what I said to Marky. I don't defend our fans but can you explain why we also looked so crap against Villa and that pony team we played on Thursday? Away from home?

no idea.. players not good enough? but we know this. At least we won both games.

Back