• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from today's game...

The Portugeezer

Terry Yorath
Wind Up Merchant
...Oh wait, there are no positives. We are such an average team with an average manager. We could have gone 3rd today, but no, we blew it. Looks like Levy is happy with Spurs just being a middle-of-the-road football team. Content selling and making a profit on our best players and not investing in better players such as investing in a better striker! ENIC should just sell-up and leave Tottenham. Hey, look on the bright side, it could be worse, look at Man Utd!

Last edited:
There are positives

Poch now knows who should **** off and who should stay (not many)

Only positive I can think of is that Chiriches' performance was so bad that we should never see him again.

Yep we have the wrong sort of players for the way he wants to play, which I thought was not meant to happen under the fabled director of football system. Give Poch a year and his own players before I judge him.

The thing is I do not like a lot of our players, I do not actively dislike any of them but there are none I think are very good. Paulinho, Dembele, Chadli, Soldaldo, Lennon they are all average players I would expect to see in a team that finishes 7th-11th in the prem. When you consider the cost of some of them that is worrying.

Time to promote youth a bit more, Velkovic can be no worse then Chiriches.

I don't think there are any positives because I'm losing trust in Poch as our manager, after Liverpool how the **** can Kaboul start every game and then be made captain? Jan is our best defender by an absolute stretch, not starting; Ade offers NOTHING but is vice captain and starts every game...

The positives would be that he could finally see this, but he won't.

Yep we have the wrong sort of players for the way he wants to play, which I thought was not meant to happen under the fabled director of football system. Give Poch a year and his own players before I judge him.

The thing is I do not like a lot of our players, I do not actively dislike any of them but there are none I think are very good. Paulinho, Dembele, Chadli, Soldaldo, Lennon they are all average players I would expect to see in a team that finishes 7th-11th in the prem. When you consider the cost of some of them that is worrying.

I think Chadli, Dembele and Soldado are still good players: Dembele in particular has seemed quietly impressive so far under Poch. Lennon's a useful squad option. Paulinho, however...Christ, what on earth happened to him? He looks utterly awful.

Chiriches needs to wisen up, and that's putting it extremely mildly. I applaud his bravery continuing to play risky possession-based passes despite the obvious dangers, but there is no excuse for his awful, awful defending. Kaboul is just woeful, both at organising our defense and at actually defending with anything like assuredness himself.

Yep, very early days yet and whether or not this season is a success a decade of being there abouts and blaming the managers for not making the final push is getting a bit tiresome. We've tried all sorts of different things from the unproven coaches (Jol and Sherwood) to the big name foreigner (Ramos) to the willy old Englishman (Redknapp) to the Chelsea reject (self explanatory) to a young manager who's proven himself in the Premier League. Unless anyone seriously thinks we can go out and get a Guardiola or Mourinhio then I think it's time to stop blaming the manager.

The only alternative is to keep hiring people for the next decade constantly missing out on the top four till someone comes along and delivers it for which we reward them with a compensation package and unemployment anyway.

Yep, very early days yet and whether or not this season is a success a decade of being there abouts and blaming the managers for not making the final push is getting a bit tiresome. We've tried all sorts of different things from the unproven coaches (Jol and Sherwood) to the big name foreigner (Ramos) to the willy old Englishman (Redknapp) to the Chelsea reject (self explanatory) to a young manager who's proven himself in the Premier League. Unless anyone seriously thinks we can go out and get a Guardiola or Mourinhio then I think it's time to stop blaming the manager.

The only alternative is to keep hiring people for the next decade constantly missing out on the top four till someone comes along and delivers it for which we reward them with a compensation package and unemployment anyway.

Fantastic post Craig =D> Especially the last paragraph. At what point does the buck stop with the person hiring and firing all these managers?

I can stop worrying about football for the next 8 months, just like our players and manager.

**** this, see you all next season.

#shouldhavegotRafa

Dimwood not looking too dim now... We may have been trashed by every top 4 side but at least we regularly won against the small fry...

Back