• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from today's game...

This kind of performance is not something new, it's not something that we realistically could have expected Poch to sort out and prevent in a couple of months/5 league games.

Still looking for several players to return from injury and bed into the side.

Lamela is fantastic.

If it is the first of that group (the players) then the manager has to take responsibility, first for selecting them and then even more so for failing to make a change at half time, retaining the same players and system that West Brom were comfortably not only dealing with, but completely outplaying. For reasons I cannot currently fathom, we have our 4th and 5th best centre halves as our starting pair, while one of our three best centre halves is playing at right back. We also have a complete waste of space in the centre of midfield who is stealing a living in a Spurs shirt. To cap it all off our 'attacking' 3 (I put attacking in quotes there as I use it in the loosest sense of the word) do not seem to have any idea which of them are supposed to defend when the opposition full backs push on. I am absolutely dreading Arsenal next week.

These are my questions and fears also. Do you mean, Capoue, Paulinho or dembele is stealing a living? It's telling that I could see an argument for it being any of these three!

Not quite sure I get the w*nking about Lamela. He run around a bit, but so many passes went to a West Brom player. It's like he had good ideas, but wasn't able to execute them. That's not what we paid the best part of £30m for is it?

No positives from today and I normally try to find some! All players were crap.

so it begins, let's sack the manager....that fixed the problem the last 11 times!

Nevertheless, I am sure that he will be the next man out of the club. The annual sacrificial lamb to divert our attention away from baldini's poor signings and levy's difficulty in picking experienced managers who have won something in a top European league.

Last edited:
Poch should just be given the full 5 years, barring getting us into a relegation dog-fight.

He has showed that he can implement a good system of play in the Premier League. He needs time and players, and it's gonna take awhile to rectify the p1ssing away of the Bale money on a load of sh1te.

Baldini getting sacked is something I wouldn't shed any tears over though...

Ha ha this is hilarious. None of us are actually knee jerking, it is just reality!

We have an average squad. The bale season we had some quality players. Sandro, Siggy, Dempsey, Defoe....we have no one exciting or anyone that can score!

Ha ha this is hilarious. None of us are actually knee jerking, it is just reality!

We have an average squad. The bale season we had some quality players. Sandro, Siggy, Dempsey, Defoe....we have no one exciting or anyone that can score!

i wonder if youd have said this if we had won.

i wonder if youd have said this if we had won.

If we'd have sneaked a 1-0 today, I think most people would be honest enough to sya that we'd be in troubleplaying like that every week, just as plenty of people said the same when we scraped by under AVB in games last season.

Likewise, when we played well last week but only drew, I was very encouraged. The performance today was the thing.

If we'd have sneaked a 1-0 today, I think most people would be honest enough to sya that we'd be in troubleplaying like that every week, just as plenty of people said the same when we scraped by under AVB in games last season.

Likewise, when we played well last week but only drew, I was very encouraged. The performance today was the thing.

but the majority of us said and expected a 3 or 4-0 win. Why would we if we're not good enough? we looked good against Sunderland last week, no one could have predicted the performance today. Sure, playing like we did today and scraping would have been "papering over cracks" -- but i think people are being a little over the top.

Not world beaters like Bale. They may become exciting like him but it's very early days. But I don't think Lamela or Eriksen ate exciting yet. At least when we had Bale and he wasn't firing we had Defoe Keane Berbatov vdv.

Not world beaters like Bale. They may become exciting like him but it's very early days. At least when we had Bale and he wasn't firing we had Defoe Keane Berbatov vdv.

we're not big enough or good enough to have world beaters, thats why ours leave. We're about creating them.

but the majority of us said and expected a 3 or 4-0 win. Why would we if we're not good enough? we looked good against Sunderland last week, no one could have predicted the performance today. Sure, playing like we did today and scraping would have been "papering over cracks" -- but i think people are being a little over the top.

I was expecting us to win well, but I was thinking we'd be following on from the Sunderland performance (where we should have won easily). Today was so bad, I have no idea what to expect in the future. It's a little alarming.

From the few games so far this season, I'd say that our 'talented' players can only perform when teams sit off and let them play (QPR, Sunderland). WBA were organised, but they got in our faces enough to disrupt our rhythm. We couldn't handle it, same against Liverpool and to a large extent, West Ham (where we got quite lucky in that we weren't out of the game by half-time).

Back