• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from today's game...

I don't know who is to blame for today.

The players? (for being utterly useless and doing nothing that the manager will have asked them to do: no pressing; no pace; no possession; no urgency; no aggression)

The manager? (for not having prepared the players properly for this game or for just picking the wrong team)

The chairman? (for not giving the manager a squad good enough to beat bottom of the table West Brom.....or even to look solid at the back against them......or even remotely threatening in attack)

An abject performance and a fully deserved defeat. That looked nothing like a Pochettino team.

Hopefully just an aberration.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're not that badly off. Still, a win today would have been nice, even a draw would have been decent. Chances are, though, we'd be massively over-confident going into the Arsenal game.

Now, we've got expectations at a manageable level.

Last edited:
I don't know who is to blame for today.

The players? (for being utterly useless and doing nothing that the manager will have asked them to do: no pressing; no pace; no possession; no urgency; no aggression)

The manager? (for not having prepared the players properly for this game or for just picking the wrong team)

The chairman? (for not giving the manager a squad good enough to beat bottom of the table West Brom.....or even to look solid at the back against them......or even remotely threatening in attack)

An abject performance and a fully deserved defeat. That looked nothing like a Pochettino team.

Hopefully just an aberration.

If it is the first of that group (the players) then the manager has to take responsibility, first for selecting them and then even more so for failing to make a change at half time, retaining the same players and system that West Brom were comfortably not only dealing with, but completely outplaying. For reasons I cannot currently fathom, we have our 4th and 5th best centre halves as our starting pair, while one of our three best centre halves is playing at right back. We also have a complete waste of space in the centre of midfield who is stealing a living in a Spurs shirt. To cap it all off our 'attacking' 3 (I put attacking in quotes there as I use it in the loosest sense of the word) do not seem to have any idea which of them are supposed to defend when the opposition full backs push on. I am absolutely dreading Arsenal next week.

Came into this thread to say this. Second half our entire team had given up, couldn't give a ****... but Lamela hadn't. He was trying. Didn't hide. Shows the signs of a good character I feel - and obviously a very good player.

agreed, he seems the only player capable of splitting a defence with a pass too.

One positive from the game. I was watching it from upper North stand, and when Eriksen went into the middle and Lennon came on, and we actually bothered to pass the ball to Eriksen - rather than giving it away -we started to look a better team going forward.

Unttil we have better players I'd rather we play 4-4-2 with an enforcer plus Eriksen in the middle, Lennon should start, as should Verts. And two forwards - otherwise, unless we play QPR every week, we are not going to score (m)any goals,

Perhaps, the only positive is Poch will realise we have to park the bus against arsenal and maybe we will avoid a demolition.

Came into this thread to say this. Second half our entire team had given up, couldn't give a ****... but Lamela hadn't. He was trying. Didn't hide. Shows the signs of a good character I feel - and obviously a very good player.

In terms of effort, movement, making runs etc he was our outstanding player. He loses the ball too often, and hangs onto it too long though -but while I used to think this was entirely down to the way he played, I'm beginning to think it is because of the lack of movement/understanding of other players. Because we were so static today. it was dreadful.

Oh I forgot, you learn more from your losses/mistakes than by winning which makes us really, really knowledgeable right now.

Back