• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: last 4 games: Defoe or Adebayor? Or both?

For the last 4 games who should start in our attack?

• Defoe (1 up)

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Adebayor (1 up)

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Both Defoe and Adebayor

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But isn't it about looking at the context of how they're each being deployed when they play versus how they affect the entire team? JD is a striker. Full-stop. Love him but he is not specifically the man to lead the line unless a) Sandro is in there, b) Hudd is in there to find him and c) we don't play Scotty as with Hudd and Dembele in, we need more pace in the engine room. If you have Bale and Lennon, Ade is a the perfect part of the trio because his movement/drop-off allows them to come in, find holes and set things up for themselves or others IMO...

Interesting view - why do you consider Sandro crucial to Defoe's performance?

Both, neither. I'm no longer particularly concerned either way at the moment. What i am concerned about is that we seem to need three goals a game to get a result. The offense has performed decently over the past six games. The defense has been abysmal.

vs. Southampton (Defoe)
vs. Chelsea (Adebayor, bring Defoe on second half)
vs. Stoke (Adebayor)
vs. Sunderland (Depending on what happens the previous three)

If the opposition park the bus, put Bale back on the left and bring Vertonghen up to do the old fashioned centre forward. He's quick enough to reach balls whipped in, has a good touch for the hard low crosses, and got a good head for the higher ones. Defoe can play off him.

I never thought that highly of Adebayor, but then he's never thought of me at all. I'm not costing the club millions though.

Well done to the OP for the question. The comments in reply have exposed the charlatans here.

As for the poll it shows that there is a pretty even dispute of opinion here as to who is the best option between Ade and Defoe with very few wanting both playing up front.

Defoe scored against City so he is in form and Ade has scored a few recently so he is in form too. I personally believe the team is better when Ade plays and others here have mentioned that he brings Clint and Sigg into the game more.

Last edited:
If the opposition are in the premier league I wouldn't play Adebayor.

He's fine against Lower Piddlington Catholic River Wideners Second XI, but against humans in full control of their faculties, he isn't as effective.

Jermain Defoe is great unless you have to play with regulation size goals. If the goal was 45% bigger he would be deadly. So I wouldn't play either.

I'd try to sign Pamela, the three legged Mongolian mountain goat instead. Very dangerous from set pieces.

Well done to the OP for the question. The comments in reply have exposed the charlatans here.

As for the poll it shows that there is a pretty even dispute of opinion here as to who is the best option between Ade and Defoe with very few wanting both playing up front.

Defoe scored against City so he is in form and Ade has scored a few recently so he is in form too. I personally believe the team is better when Ade plays and others here have mentioned that he brings Clint and Sigg into the game more.

Weirdest definition of being 'in form' ever that.
Defoe with 1 league goal in 756 minutes and Ade with 2 league goals in 1061 minutes.

Weirdest definition of being 'in form' ever that.
Defoe with 1 league goal in 756 minutes and Ade with 2 league goals in 1061 minutes.

Form is like the last five games. So your '756 minutes' and '1061 minutes' is a pretty weird definition of form.

I'd be inclined to stick Adebeyor in midfield, being as he can trap a ball further than I can kick it let him trap the ball from long range, he may score.

How about neither:

-----------------Lloris
--Walker ---Caulker/JanV ---Benny
---------- Thudd-----Holtby--------
----------------Dembele-------------
----Lennon---------------------Bale
--------------- Dempsey

Shame its so late in the season as I think Dembele would convert into a better striker than Ade, judging by Ade's performance this season.

Defoe has to start for me. Adebayor hasn't been in good form and Defoe's best form this season was when he played alone up front and Adebayor was injured.

but that was also when we had Dembele and Sandro partnering each other in central midfield, an in form Lennon on the right and Bale on the left.

but that was also when we had Dembele and Sandro partnering each other in central midfield, an in form Lennon on the right and Bale on the left.

It is a team game, but Dembele and Sandro weren't creating chances for Defoe that is for certain! To be really honest with ourselves when Defoe was playing well the team wasn't. We were quite poor for most of the time before Christmas and that is when Defoe seemed to do well.

Back