• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Falklands doesn't count.

Kosovo was one example.

Most of the attempts at invading have been poorly carried out.

don't get me wrong, I think Assad needs to be taken out and ISIS with him. It just needs to be done properly and nothing like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and all the other trainwreck invasions we have seen recently.

Anyone seen the interview with Clinton about how close he came to getting Bin Laden only to be told by the FBI and CIA that they could not and would not certify that he was the terrorist they suspected he was, therefore they couldn't carry out the raid they had planned?

I think this example shows that intelligence is a two way street, we have in no doubt wrongly invaded and wrongly stood back and not done anything (in us I say US and UK). The thing is there is no exact button to press that subjects the world to a perfect war/invasion, hindsight makes us think otherwise but that's not reality...

Well thats the end of the labour party as it is. Just when the split will happen who knows but it will.

Torres for a 3rd term.

The Labour party split will be fascinating to watch.

Don't be so sure of that. Sure there will be some who will fudge off to the Tory benches. Good luck to them, they can fudge right off. The 'smart' orthodoxy is that Corbyn will be a disaster, but I'm not so sure. Having Corbyn and Watson could revitalise the base, get people voting and if Labour can get just 10% of those not voting at present, things could get interesting. I think it's great! Of course some will not be happy unless a Tory leads both parties.

Don't be so sure of that. Sure there will be some who will fudge off to the Tory benches. Good luck to them, they can fudge right off. The 'smart' orthodoxy is that Corbyn will be a disaster, but I'm not so sure. Having Corbyn and Watson could revitalise the base, get people voting and if Labour can get just 10% of those not voting at present, things could get interesting. I think it's great! Of course some will not be happy unless a Tory leads both parties.
I don't think anyone will defect to the Tory benches, I see a SDP like split more likely where Blairite MPs form a new party.

I don't see how Corbyn wins any middle England votes. He might do well in traditional Labour areas like London and the North, but he'll struggle to win back Scottish seats from the SNP (which to be fair would be true of any Labour leader) and will likely lose further seats to the Tories everywhere else. I expect a Tory majority increase in 2020.

I don't think that there will be a split in the Labour party but Corbyn needs to stop his supporters attacking those on the right of the party pretty quickly.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the early electoral tests. I think that a policy of chasing non-voters is fundamentally flawed, particularly in a first past the post system and the majority of gains that he does make will be in seats already held.

I think that this is a lot like when the Tories elected IDS. Labour is looking inward and has chosen someone who makes them feel better. Elections in the UK are won on the centre ground and to stand a chance an opposition needs to look like a government in waiting. I think that a Corbyn led Labour party will fail on both counts.

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_01.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_02.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_03.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_04.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_05.png

Didn't take long!

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_01.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_02.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_03.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_04.png

COMMS_JEREMY_CORBYN_05.png

Didn't take long!
every time the so called "right" of the party tried to discredit Corbyn's policies his support became more and more entrenched. I voted for Liz Kendall, who actually ran a very poor campaign so I think it is unlikely she would have beaten the Tories anyway. I have a lot of respect for the left of the party unfortunately history shows in England, with the "first past the post system" that people who campaign away from the centre do not get elected to power.

Last edited:
Not in agreement with many of Corbyns thinkings but he looks to actually believe!

I think that everyone agrees that he holds his views strongly. The problem he will have is forming policies that his Parliamentary party can support. Given his voting record, it is going to be very difficult for him to demand loyalty from them, if they don't support his policies.

Labour are now going through what the Tories went through when Blair was in power. With Hague and IDS.They are simply occupying their comfort zone. I am sad that they have very likely condemned themselves to losing the next election as I still think Labour are the most progressive party for this country. But in the end it was a democratic vote and Corbyn won resoundingly. All parts of the party must come together and respect the result.

Anyone seen the interview with Clinton about how close he came to getting Bin Laden only to be told by the FBI and CIA that they could not and would not certify that he was the terrorist they suspected he was, therefore they couldn't carry out the raid they had planned?

I think this example shows that intelligence is a two way street, we have in no doubt wrongly invaded and wrongly stood back and not done anything (in us I say US and UK). The thing is there is no exact button to press that subjects the world to a perfect war/invasion, hindsight makes us think otherwise but that's not reality...
We allowed a nutter to stand on the streets of London for years sprouting hate and inciting hate and did nothing about it, accept feed and house him and his family for years.
I find it very sad when I hear of all these terrorists that pop up around the world who have links to the highbury park mosque. I feel a sense of guilt to the people of Syria and others who get caught up in acts of terrorism inspired by a man who was given free reign in my country to do and say as he wanted for years, until Terresa May finally booted him out. Still I find myself feeling shame for the acts his followers have committed round the world, I also believe a parliamentary investigation as to how he got away with it for so long should be opened up so the public can have the truth.

I think that everyone agrees that he holds his views strongly. The problem he will have is forming policies that his Parliamentary party can support. Given his voting record, it is going to be very difficult for him to demand loyalty from them, if they don't support his policies.

I agree but there is something I like about the guy!

He's not going to be prime minster because of his past but I like his self belief - Cameron is so bland.

I voted for Corbyn and have followed the campaign from the start. I thought it was very unlikely he'd win but he's stormed it. Very happy that I'll have someone to wholeheartedly vote for at the next GE. A victory for democracy imo.

I will also join the Labour Party as a result of Corbyn winning the leadership.

Back